The property itself is very nice, calming and nice old trees. Nice layout as well with the restaurant facing the pool. There is alot of promise for this boutique hotel as it feels very tranquil with some good staff.
I was rather disappointed when I arrived into the room though. We booked the Lanai with a private pool, and the pool was more than a huge outdoor bath tub rather than a pool. You can hear your neighbors and even though we were not close to the airport, we could hear planes flying into the airport, especially at night. In addition, I could hear a creature digging its way through the floor boards at night which I suspect are rats but I have not heard one before, so I am not positive... There were some bedding, towels and napkins that were stained. Night time turndown was unpredictable as well, where we had the bed turndown some nights only.
What is the price point for free flow drinking water to be avail in the room? USD 150? USD 200? USD 250? Especially in a city where tap water is not drinkable.... I requested for more drinking water but was unsuccessful. The internet connection is difficult to connect and if you can connect, it's very slow.. I suppose, you shouldn't connect to the world when you are in Bali anyway.
Service is pretty good and the staff speaks good english. However, the front desk was not very helpful with our luggage, and looked on as we carried our bags to the room ourselves.
In short, for the same price that we paid, we could have stayed at other newer villas in Sanur city, closer to the beach and a decent private pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sanctuary from modern world. An island of serenity and quite.A perfect home base for your exploration of the beauty of Bali Island.Located at the western extremity of Sanur - You'll find thirdtheen delightful Balinese - Style dwellings in an exclusive sculptured environment, Seclusion, Relaxation, Serenity.Six individual self contained Villas complete with kitchen. Some with two bedrooms, some with one, all exquisite in design and detail. All stylish Balinese.A Massage Centre and Spa.A swimming pool design to echo the ancient Balinese temple bathing place. Mysterious carved statues peer through the lush tropical plantings. Ponds and water features erupt with lilies, lotus, and colorful fish.With five individual self contained villas.Each villa provides for you to make your own selves coffee or tea at anytime. A communal kitchen for us to cook you anything from a quick snack to a banquet are available. And private swimming pool for you to have relaxation in privacy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Despegar.com, Travelocity, HostelBookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your kaMAYA Resort and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waka Maya Resort Villa Hotel Sanur
- Waka Maya Hotel
- KaMAYA Resort And Villas Sanur, Bali