We reached there in low season, Jan 2013. The hotel is clean. I feel that it needs a little bit more of maintenance. Linens and towers are clean. We have no problem with it. There is only one power outlet inside my room (it’s a lanai with pool). Thus, I had to arrange timing to charge my gadgets such as phones and cameras.
It’s a wonderful garden hotel. I fallen in love with Balinese architectural style and it arrangements. During my stayed, having breakfast beside my private swimming pools made me forget my busy, hustle and bustle life.
The spa in the hotel looks nice and clean. I just miss out my chance to try spa as my arrangement are too rush.
It would be better if I can get more lighting in my room. Even I switch on all lights; I found out that it’s still dark. Introducing adjustable lightings could be a solution.
It’s rainy season in Bali. Mosquitoes are everywhere on the island. It may be ok of locals but we can’t stand for it. It’s so painful though. We don’t like insecticide smell in our air-conditioned bedroom. The hotel should find better solution to tackle mosquito problem for rainy season.
It is 30 minutes drive from busy and crowded Denpasar city which is good. It has an arrangement for free shuttle bus service to Sanur beach. Sanur beach is not as busy as Kuta beach but it has own charm. It is more family friendly beach compare to Kuta. The restaurants at Sanur are so good though.
For all in all, I feel so happy of staying there. Staffs are friendly. It worth what I paid. I already recommended my close friend on this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Waka Maya Resort Villa Hotel
- Waka Maya Resort Villa Hotel Sanur
- Waka Maya Resort
- Waka Maya Hotel
- KaMAYA Resort And Villas Sanur, Bali
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A sanctuary from modern world. An island of serenity and quite.A perfect home base for your exploration of the beauty of Bali Island.Located at the western extremity of Sanur – You’ll find fourteen delightful Balinese – Style dwellings in an exclusive sculptured environment, Seclusion, Relaxation, Serenity.Seven individual self contained Villas complete with kitchen. Some with two bedrooms, some with three, all exquisite in design and detail. All stylish Balinese.A Massage Centre and Spa.A swimming pool design to echo the ancient Balinese temple bathing place. Mysterious carved statues peer through the lush tropical plantings. Ponds and water features erupt with lilies, lotus, and colorful fish.With five individual self contained villas.Each villa provides for you to make your own selves coffee or tea at anytime. A communal kitchen for us to cook you anything from a quick snack to a banquet are available. And private swimming pool for you to have relaxation in privacy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, HostelBookers, Orbitz, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your kaMAYA Resort and Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.