“Fantastic staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Inna Sindhu Beach

You added Inna Sindhu Beach to your Saves list
Inna Sindhu Beach
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Pantai Sindhu 14, Sanur, Denpasar, Bali 80228, Indonesia (Formerly Natour Sindhu Beach)   |
Ranked #37 of 67 Hotels in Sanur
Shanghai, China
“Fantastic staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

My wife, son and I stayed here for 16 days, the last part of our 5 weeks in Bali. The staff is FANTASTIC. Everyone says hello and asks how you are doing. The front desk staff were always helpful and learned our names quickly. They helped be get a custom ordered birthday cake delivered the day I needed it. We booked a Deluxe Room with an extra bed. It would have been fine for a few days but need more space for 3 of us. We upgraded to the Junior Suite for way under the published rate. Plenty of room for the extra bed and the king size it came with.
Pool is nice and you are right on the beach. This isn't the place for "partiers", everything gets quiet around 9:00-10:00, but it was perfect for us and the other families there. Plenty of places to eat along the beach and a 5 min scooter( which you can book at the front desk for around 70,000rp per day, less if booking for a week or more) ride into town where you have plenty of other choices. Hot water and water pressure was nothing to write home about and the rooms are dated. But all that being said we enjoyed our time and would stay here again on a return trip to Bali.

Room Tip: I called directly to try and get a better rate but ended up with lower rate on Agoda.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Indonesian first
Tromso, Norway
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

Warning! Please read the whole review! This place is not clean. It affected our health, and it might affect yours if you decide to stay here. We left this hotel 2 days before our holiday finished. I am “well traveled”, and I have never done something like this before. After 1 week we had enough. The first days, we ate our food in the hotel restaurant. After 2 days, we had “Bali Belly”.

After some days, and a penicillin cure, I thought I could try to eat again, and ordered a pizza (safe-food) from the hotel restaurant. There was a long, black hair on it. I took it back to the restaurant, showed them the hair, and asked for a new one. And guess what! Another pizza came, with another hair on it! The metal lid that they put over the pizza, was also very dirty and full of oil and old food. Twice in a row! This time, I went to the chef, and told him and the rest of the crew about my Bali Belly, the hygiene in the citchen etc.

The rooms are full of bugs and lizzards. They can easily come and go as they please, because there is a 2 cm gap under the door, at least in our room (213). I bought some bug-spray, and the result was 5 cockroaches, and plenty of other bugs. Do NOT drink from the glasses they put out in the rooms. I have tried to take pictures, but I don't have a professional cam, so the dirt is hard to see. We bought our own disposable plastic cups.

The cleaning in the rooms is a joke. I had dirty bedsheets many of the days. There is not really warm water in the shower, and the water pressure is very weak. There are too many chipped tiles to count, and the masonry of the complex is chipped and cracked everywhere. If you feel the lightest tremor, run for your life! Seriously!

Do NOT use the swimming pool! I never got in myselfe, but because of the wind, we used the sunbeds there a couple of days. I never saw ONE SINGLE PERSON take a shower before they jumped in. One boy cleaned off the bird-poo from his sholder in the pool. (Of course I understand that the germs from this incident does not stay there forever, but if you think of it in another way, is this the kind of people you would like to share a hotel with?) You can easily see the dirt on the pool sides where the water level is. Absolutely disgusting!

The beach is full of cigarette buds, bottle caps, plastic and other junk. It's not a pleasant place to be.

The curtains does not cover all the windows, so bring a sleep mask. Bring earplugs too, because of the noise from the AC.

The staff is very polite, helpful and smiling. Most of them do however not speak good English. Communication is not “straight forward”. I gave up more than once. Example: I ask for a supermarked. The person from the staff tell me there is one right up the street. I say no, I want a bigger store, where they have more than just a few things, like in the lokal, private shops. And here it stops, because the person from the staff may not understand what you mean when you say “yogurt”, “snacks” and “diet coke”. I would like in the future to see a rating for how easy it is to communicate with the staff. This has absolutely nothing to do with being a god or bad person. It is just another useful tip for travellers that wants to prepare for their trip.

Room Tip: Maybe the waterpressure is better on the ground floor? Buy your own bug-spray, and spray your room w...
Darwin, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I had the good luck to stay here for 7 days last week. The staff are lovely and freindly. It is not the biggest hotel on the beach but it is by far the most authentic and value for money hotel left along this beautiful beach strip.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Good pool and location on beach at top end of Sanur. Our ‘deluxe’ ground level room was clean but dated and showing signs of the traffic it has seen. This was not a patch on our other Bali accommodation experiences for the same rate. Breakfast and the one meal we had, was basic and ordinary. So we took a R20k taxi fare and enjoyed some of the best Sanur restaurants.
Thanks for the vote if you found this helpful. Happy travels.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

Booked through agoda in February and got a great rate on a deluxe room overlooking the pool... Room 221
This is the perfect place to stay if you want to relax.
The breakfast was adequate and the lunch and dinner menu represents good value for money.
We also ate at The White Sands Sports bar and tavern which is about 200m from the front gate on Jalan Pantai Sindhu ... The best Aussie burger on Bali for Rp.70k
Room 221 is spacious and very clean ... Absolutely no complaints for the tariff paid.
Heaps of restaurants close by and the morning walk along the boardwalk whilst the sun is coming up is a must for all tourists.
Like most places in SANUR the staff a very friendly and helpful.
All room amenities worked great and whilst the free wifi can be challenging if you position your self near a window it should work fine.
Several small " supermarkets" nearby for water and take away Bintang ... Walking distance to main shopping area..
If I can get a similar rate next year I will definitely be returning but the next time for the entire 21 days...
Highly recommended if you can get a good rate...

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This hotel is great for families, especially if thou have teenagers. Please don't come with the idea that the rooms will be flash and fancy, because they aren't. They are getting old, but the beds are comfortable and the water is hot and the place is clean. We stayed in bungalows around the pool area. This had adjoining lounge rooms between two bedrooms and was a great place to put our teenagers in. The pool area is really new and clean and the kids were able to have fun without bothering other guests. The location of this place is amazing and you can't get any closer to the beach unless you sleep on the sand. The staff are really friendly and the place is well serviced. Ask about a cheaper price, or go on to Agoda and look for yourself. But I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants to have a safe and relaxing holiday, while not really caring what your room is like.

Room Tip: Defaintely ask for a bungalow around the pool or a junior suite room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights as we wanted to be close to the beach. This hotel would have been great about 20 years ago but now it is a little tired.

The breakfast buffet was non-inspiring, the shower had no pressure and it was noisy every night with people running up and down the stairs and fireworks going off at 10pm. The wi-fi was not very good either.

The only plus was the location as it is right on the beach and they also have a great pool.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Inna Sindhu Beach? Share your experiences!