“great place especially if you have a late flight” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Puri Santrian

You added Puri Santrian to your Saves list
Puri Santrian
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Cemara 35 | PO Box 3055, Sanur, Denpasar, Bali 80228, Indonesia   |
Ranked #10 of 67 Hotels in Sanur
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Canberra, Australia
“great place especially if you have a late flight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I stayed at Puri Santrian mainly because I had a late flight back home and it had a number of wonderful places within the hotel grounds that I could stay during my afternoon waiting for my return flight home. I could use the hotel facilities including the pool, spa, beach side restaurant / cafe for the whole afternoon until my pickup to the airport without extra charge for another night accom.

The hotel grounds ie pool, beach side cafe etc were just lovely, i would certainly stay there again. I had a room in the Club area which was also quite large, king size bed, separate foyer area to the main room, big balcony overlooking the pool. They were able to lock up my luggage for the afternoon as well.

The staff were great, attended to any issues I may have had, certainly no issues on check in.

I did arrange transport to the airport which was US $20, i know you could get it for $15 from one of the local transport companies, however i wasnt bothered by the $5 difference.

Whilst I didnt eat there, they did have a fantastic variety of food, from pizzas to indonesia food.

Would recommend staying there, was certainly great for the short time I spent there. I would stay there again, it took approx 40 mins for me to get to the airport at 7pm.

Room Tip: There was some construction going on for a neighbouring hotel, whilst it was no where near where I w...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

It had been 20 years since my last visit to Bali. My wife talked me into going. What a contrast to my last visit. The Hotel was terrific, the staff were some of the best I have seen. The food was very good. Location perfect. Thank you to all at the Puri Santrian.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Positive- We had a wonderful week at the Puri Santrian, and thought it offered great value for money. The staff were so friendly, guest-free, warm and professional. The hotel itself was beautiful, the very best at that part of the sea (at least 2-3 km from both sides). Even thought a bit old but very clean (do not look under the furniture). We hope to come back soon.
Exelent place, beautiful well mentained and clean beach,staff is just great, clean, stylish, professional, different sunbads under the palms with double and single bads, 3 big swimming pools always well maintained, food of good qualiti with steady standard though bit smaller portions, good restorants, good breakfast....great place...

Negative- fisher mans ware fishing all day long at the hotels beach, so you could not swim freely. Hotel is bit aged, shallow water at the beach.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

My family of 6 stayed there for 5 days in May 2014. We have been delighted by the high quality of service. Deluxe rooms were roomy, quiet and comfortable : nothing outstanding regarding the decoration but the equipment featured everything you usually don't need but are glad to use once in a while. The hotel area was neatly maintained, which is a success with such a luxurious greenery everywhere.
The vincinity of the beach was great, particularly because this area of the beach is clean, wide and without boats : right after breakfast, it is an easy swim into one of the best parts of the lagoon. And for those keen to watersports, an excellent Ripcurl Kiteboarding and surf school is a 2 minute walk away.
The loungers by the sea are diverse (some covered, some with wind stoppers, some are king-sized day beds, etc, all of good quality and are a nice place for a nap or a drink anytime in the day or in the evening.
They also have 2 pools : the larger and busier one is multifunctionnal and will please everyone, whatever their age, with its immersed bar, its jacuzzi or fountain areas, its shallow or deep areas ; the smaller one is slightly further away from the strolling passers-by along the sea shore, right next to the spa and enjoys more shaded and quiet spaces.
Another highlight is the very well furbished buffet breakfast : diversified western and local food, open during a long period. After sleeping in, which may happen sooner than expected in this environment, the buffet will easily do for a brunch !
For meals, there are a number of options, too. If you find the hotel options too pricey, just walk down the beach and you will find nice, clean and friendly warungs. More options are also available a five minute walk back into town. No doubt everyone can find a nice place.
The Puri santrian staff is always discreet and smiling and proves they want to help you enjoy your stay. No hard selling of "special events" or "dine by the sea" dinners or similar : you really can enjoy (and return) the smiles : they show no hidden/commercial intention. And the always open doors of the spa are a nice invite for a more relaxing time than what you can get from the ladies begging further up or further down on the sea promenade.
We even happened to drop some clothes near the pool one evening and were happy to have it brought back to us the following morning.
Booking was easy : a quick study on Puri Santrian's website gave a good feel and 2 emails confirmed everything, without any troublesome international booking money transfer.
Checking out has never been such a breeze : a kind letter to remind us our check out time the day before ; a kind lady coming to our room with departure gifts (vouchers for next visit and impressive handmade fan) a few minutes before we left the room, liaising with room service. By the time we reached the front desk, our invoice was ready, the room and minibar had been checked and no question was asked. And without asking, we have been offered pool towel cards to enable us to use the facilities anytime until our actua departure from the area !
It goes without saying : wifi is available everywhere. But the speed is not that high so don't expect to download your favorite movies when you come close to the sea !
200 USD for a double Deluxe room and this service was a good price and made our holiday sweet.
And compared to the neighbouring hotels, the delicate charm of this hotel stands out. Just have a look at the neighbouring Prama Sanur Beach Hotel : big building and terribly huge swimming pool full of loads of tour operators' customers despite the on-going noisy upgrading works ! The Hyatt hotel lies next to a huge piece of wasteland and will make you walk 5 to 10 minutes from your room to the beach, which is really not the best in the area (and you will need to show your pass to the guards every time you come back from the beach). The regent has a stunning overlooking pool but concrete is everywhere...
Hope this review helps : don't hesitate to rate if you find it useful !

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

We stayed from 17th to 23rd May.The welcoming moment was warmth and friendly.
Staffs are friendly,polite and efficient.However, only encounter one unpleasant incidence whereby my reserved breakfast table was taken up by another hotel guests while I was away to get my first buffet serving.But the staff were quick to apologise on behalf of the ignorant guest and offer another seat to me facing the calm sea.
Otherwise, our daily breakfast were nice which was simple and yet satisfying after early morning yoga session,offered free to all hotel guests .
One morning we skipped yoga but chose cycling instead.The hotel provides free bicycle usage.
We had our pleasant morning ride covering the whole stretch of Sanur Beach which is one way to discover all the hotels along Sanur beaches.
One activity we did not try was the seawalker.Heard it was a good experience.Maybe on our next visit.
As the sea was calm, we had a wonderful experience lying on the beach sofa to enjoy the stars.
On the whole this is a good hotel for relaxing.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

We loved the Sanur area with its great beachfront and low key atmosphere compared to the Western side of the island. The Puri Santrian added to that experience. The rooms were OK and I would echo another sentiment shared that the club rooms are not worth the extra price. Also, be wary of the taxis offered by the hotel, they are about double the price.

The breafast was good, loved the mango youghurt and fruit, and the salads and local specials. Other than breakfast, we feasted at the local shacks on the beach - great value.

Umina Beach, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

We just arrived home from 9 nights at the Puri Santrian and wish we were still there.
Having stayed at the Griya in North Sanur ( sister property) last trip, we were apprehensive about which would be the best. As I see it, both property's have amazing staff, rooms and food. The difference to me was that North Sanur has better restaurants and shops but South(Puri) has a prettier beach. Puri is larger and has more room options and Griya more intimate. I think we will do 5 days in each next trip........ thank you Santrian group. X

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Puri Santrian? Share your experiences!