“classic beach hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Puri Santrian

You added Puri Santrian to your Saves list
Puri Santrian
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Cemara 35 | PO Box 3055, Sanur, Denpasar, Bali 80228, Indonesia   |
Ranked #10 of 67 Hotels in Sanur
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ubud, Indonesia
“classic beach hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

This hotel is built in the classic resort style, lots of landscaped grounds, interesting features unique to Bali style (the elephant and gryphon pool fountains, offering temples and stone figures throughout the ground). It has several pools and great beachfront, with good variety of lounging space - covered pagodas on beach & on water, as well as well kept lounge chairs. The beach restaurant food could be a little better, with a broader menu. Hotel is in the process of upgrading its rooms, which is needed. It's hard to avoid mildew in a humid environment like Bali (as several reviewers have complained about in the past). They just need to use beach before caulking in the bathroom and recaulk frequently, and voila! no mildew.

Room Tip: The best room interiors are the 'premium deluxe' (most upgraded) but they are also furthest...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Darwin, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

I have just finished my 13 trip to Bali and I have finally found the ideal accommodation.. There is a range of accommodation styles at the Puri Santrian but I choose a bungalow which was a 15 second walk to the beach and a 10 second walk to a lovely pool.

The Puri Santrian gets top marks in all categories. Inviting pools, excellent food at the Mezzanine Restaurant and the Beach Club, clean beach, friendly staff and the treatments I enjoyed at the Spa were first class. A plus for me was the free Yoga classes each morning. Such a great way to start the day.

I had stayed at the Puri Santrian back in 1990 and from now on this is the only place I will stay in Bali.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Puri Santrian is a beautiful place to stay if you want a relaxing resort. If you are after a busy, loud and exciting Bali holiday then Sanur is perhaps not the place for you. My wife and I were after a nice relaxing holiday after a busy year at work. The resort was fantastic value for money, had terrific pools, easy access to other parts of the island (albeit the traffic was terrible) and access to great local eateries.
For my first visit to Bali I don't have much to compare this against but I did love the quality of our room and the overall feel and comfort of the resort. I'd be happy to recommend Puri Santrian as a great place to stay.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the internal square which faced the beach. We had a lovely balcony looking down...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed at this hotel back than on 2010. Reception staff was friendly, provided us with a welcome drink and cold towel. The room and balcony was good facing the pool and the beach, i like the ground with a lot of trees and flowers tho the beach just average. i didnt try the food from the restaurant, but its peaceful and beauiful place to stay.

Good thing about Sanur is not as crowd as Kuta, but we also can find shop and lots of restaurant outside the hotel.

Recommended and would like to go back to this hotel

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
North Vancouver, BC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We stayed 6 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our time at P.S. The staff were very friendly, helpful and always went out of their way to assist with our requests. We were having problems with our internet service and their IT expert came twice to our room to trouble shoot with no attitude. The room while I would say is getting a bit tired as the whole resort is it was very comfortable, cleaned daily and any special request taken care of immediately. The pool areas are well serviced with lots of chaise lounges, etc., beach clean and no hassling from trinket and trash sellers. The restaurant service was the only area that at times seemed a bit disorganized and could use some sharpening up. Apparently they have a new Restaurant Manager which should help. Food was nicely presented, reasonably priced and varied during our stay which was nice. P.S. is not a 5 star destination resort but for the price seemed very reasonable.
We ate one meal out at the P.S. restaurant just outside the gates, which was not memorable. We felt that the beachfront was so beautiful and peaceful that there would be little to gain eating in other places in Sanur.

Room Tip: My wife enjoyed several spa treatments, during our stay the spa had a happy hour (2 for 1) treatment...
Hong Kong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

I am surprised that this hotel has any reviews that are above average for this price range. We stayed at 3 hotels in Bali, and the other 2 hotels were superior to this in service and rooms. The Club rooms should be a step up from the regular rooms, but we were not impressed with our Club room, as it was most definitely dated. The breakfast buffet was swamped with tourists, and we had to bus our own table. I asked if they could do something special as it was my husband's birthday, but the front desk staff made no efforts on my request. The grounds of the hotel are really lovely though, even if the beach is just average. Although we were booked for 2 nights, we left after one as we knew we would be happier elsewhere.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I was greeted warmly, asked if I wanted a snack, provided me with a bottle of water. There was a little confusion on checking in and staff addressed the confusion to my satisfaction. The room was presentable and I slept well.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Been to Puri Santrian? Share your experiences!