“Purely (puri) sensational!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Puri Santrian

You added Puri Santrian to your Saves list
Puri Santrian
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Cemara 35 | PO Box 3055, Sanur, Denpasar, Bali 80228, Indonesia   |
Ranked #10 of 67 Hotels in Sanur
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Minehead, United Kingdom
“Purely (puri) sensational!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Puri Santrian in November 2011 opting for room only. On arrival at this beautiful hotel we were upgraded to a Garden Wing which was lavish to say the least. King size bed, huge flat screen tv, gorgeous bathroom... All there! We loved the gardens which were spectacular and the 3 pools and often treated ourselves to a drink by swimming up to the pool bar! We didn't eat at the hotel (as we were on a tight budget) but there were many restaurants within easy walking distance either in Sanur or along the beach.
We would DEFINATELY return to Bali as the holiday experience was superb. We can't recommend the Puri Santrian enough.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (330)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dorking, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

This was our third hotel within a 2 week stay on Bali and to be honest the least memorable.

The staff were all very polite and helpful, as all Balinese appear to be.

We had a club room which was very tired, a lovely balcony that unfortunately looked immediately down on other rooms and our neighbours opposite stared straight into our room.

The pool area is quite cramped with rows of sun beds and many beds were reserved with a towel from early morning.

Breakfast was fine but service was very slow.

Frankly there are better places to stay than here.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

My children squealed with sheer delight when they first explored the beautiful grounds of the Puri Santrian. This set the tone for a very happy holiday.

The grounds and pool area are the best part of this hotel. They are beautiful. The location right on the beach was excellent. We also liked staying in the South end of Sanur. It was a cheap taxi ride to Hardys supermarket or restaurants in the more central part or you could bike ride up the lovely beach side path.
There are also plenty of excellent restaurants right near the resort including some super cheap warungs right on the beach.
Breakfast was included in our room rate which was pleasant and a good option with small children.
Mezzanine restaurant at the resort was excellent.
The staff were all very helpful and every request was acted on quickly.

The room was fine and clean if dated.

We loved our time at the Puri Santrian and will definitely return.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Cumbernauld, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Stayed here as part of my 50th birthday treat and was not disappointed. On arrival I was entranced by the open reception and the beautiful grounds which for me as a self confessed tree hugger was just perfect. On the day of my birthday my husband had consulted with the staff to arrange a beautiful surprise of flowers and the staff arrived singing happy birthday with the bouquet and a chocolate birthday cake. All staff throughout our stay were attentive and friendly and I was completely enamoured with the warmth of the Balinese. The food and drinks were most enjoyable and I would recommend the private dinning experience. My favourite parts were yoga with Chandi and also my trip to the spa where I was pampered beyond belief. I was told when going to Bali there was no need to pay expensive spa prices within hotels as they are much cheaper outside and to use these. I disagree! The opulence off the spa area, a private room where you can relax and enjoy being pampered and having all those special touches was impossible to beat. I have never enjoyed a bath so much as the one in the spa filled with fresh flower petals and being served fresh fruit juice and chocolate cake whilst lying there was just the most fabulous indulgence. I was more than happy to pay for this experience rather than a walk in, lie down and leave massage experience. No contest! Ambar and Wiwid will forever be remembered for providing the best birthday massage treat ever. The room size and cleanliness was fine however the bathroom could have done with a little updating and the shower wasn't the greatest in the world however this did not in anyway affect my stay. All in all a most enjoyable stay in a hotel where it rained frangipani flowers and smiles.

Room Tip: I preferred my upstairs room where I could sit privately on the veranda. The downstairs rooms have s...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

I arrived in Denpasar after spending 10 days on a live-aboard dive boat diving the waters of Komodo. I was ready for some decompression time with some good food and a real bed. I was promptly met at the airport by the shuttle driver and soon arrived at the resort. Then after quickly checking in, I relaxed in my spacious deluxe room that had all the amenities -- large queen bed, large bath area with huge walk-in shower, mini-bar, large flat screen TV and wifi with a fast connection.

The grounds are very well maintained with manicured walkways, shrubbery and gardens. There are many examples of Hindu statuary. The resort has 3 pools plus and expansive beach area so none of these areas seems crowded.

The resort has several restaurants and bars. I enjoyed a very extensive breakfast buffet at the Beach Club restaurant. This restaurant also served a great lunch and a savory dinner. Check out the Mezzanine Restaurant that is located at the entrance to the resort. It is an upscale place offering a wide variety of dinner choices including sushi.

While this resort is a great place to just kick back and relax, the concierge can arrange a variety of activities from surfing, diving, touring, hiking, shopping and cultural.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I spent 7 nights at Puri Santrian in November and loved it. We stayed in a garden view room which was perfectly clean and comfortable. On the ground floor, we had a patio with chairs perfect for morning cup of tea watching chipmunks in the trees. Air con worked well. Our only gripe would be the shower - sharp needles with temperature hard to regulate.
The main pool was heaven! Great sun and shade all day....same for pool lounges. No trouble getting lounges (but we are early risers). The lounges on the beach were plentiful too. Only downside of pool area for us was the lack of pool food/drink service and the pool bar was rarely manned. It got us up and about for a meal and drink on the beach though.
Ate one dinner and one breakfast at the Beach Restaurant. Food and drinks are more expensive than the charming surrounding restaurants. (No Bintang at Puri !!)
The staff was lovely and friendly (of course). We used the hotel's taxi men for two trips, bartering to a price we were happy with.
Loads of good eats and markets on the roadside entrance.
So glad we chose the Puri for our short getaway and would have no hesitation in returning.....missing the pool already!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
West Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Friendly and helpful staff, beautiful grounds with lush tropical landscaping; quiet surroundings; very nice swimming pools (one with an elephant squirting water into the pool); maybe not the best beach in the world but adequate; pleasant,clean, adequate room with outdoor sitting; reasonably priced food (surprisingly); and an excellent spa. Excellent location for start of day trips. No downsides. Would stay there any time we want to travel that far again (from California).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Puri Santrian? Share your experiences!