“Close to everything in Sanur” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Parigata Resort & Spa

Save Saved
You added Parigata Resort & Spa to your Saves list
Parigata Resort & Spa
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   Jl. Danau Tamblingan No. 87 | Batu Jimbar, Sanur, Denpasar, Bali 80228, Indonesia   |
Ranked #35 of 63 hotels in Sanur
Adelaide, Australia
“Close to everything in Sanur”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

From the last place we stayed the service declined (not as warm a welcome or friendly), the room smelt as if bathed in bleach then stale and musty - tried to air the room but didn't work. Aircon leaking when we entered but promptly fixed. Food was great, cocktails good. Our daughter enjoyed the pool which was relaxing with when waterfall directly at the front. No wifi in rooms only in foyer. Grounds were picturesque with flowers. Manicure and pedicure were perfect and massages great although a bit pricey compared to other places close by. Walk to the beach path but a lit bit further from swimming beach area. In all good location for Central access to all.

Stayed May 2014

171 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Nantes, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

We stayed as a family with 3 kids for 4 days. The hotel is presently surrounded by building works from all sides. Although once you are in your room, you tend to put it to the back of your mind. The hotel is ok and the rooms have all the modern amenities. The kids' room had a problem with the A/C and the following day we were compensated by 2 hrs of spa; the kids loved their sessions. The breakfast is very good and the food is very well priced in comparison to the restaurants outside that are just two minutes away. The beach was a very disappointing moment as it was filthy. It was literally a two minute dip. Although we were assured that this was not normal and was most likely due to the weather. There is however a very nice long walk that you can do along the waterfront that passes infront of boutique hotels, some of which have open gates and the kids enjoyed dashing into their pools...

Room Tip: All rooms look onto the swimming pool. The ground floor rooms have a direct access onto the pool ar...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Cairns, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

Great location and very friendly staff with great understanding of English. This resort is located next to the beach, just a very short stroll down a lane and you are on the beach.The resort is very close to shops, markets and cafes. It has a wonderful pool with a waterfall and great bar service whilst you are in the pool.
The foods and drinks are very well priced. The rooms are very spacious and very clean and we highly recommend this resort to mature travellers.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room. All rooms face the pool with only 36 rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Abbotsford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

Good:

- hotel grounds and pool, waterfall
- open restaurant with occasional live music
- close to beach, access to beach club chairs
- daily breakfast fantastic
- location close to airport, kuta, ubud, etc .. good location for day tours
- interesting shops nearby
- great restaurants nearby within a couple minutes walk
- access to Hardy's general store a couple blocks away for most everything you need
- scenery, you are in a fishing village watching the fisherman, pagodas on beach
- paved beach walk and cheap massages $6 per hour on beach, spas more expensive but still about 1/3rd price of Canada
- room is nice, nice tiled bathroom, balcony with view over pool, air con works well
- waterfall drowns out construction noise, did not even notice it even though a big hotel is being built next door
- impressive lobby / waiting area
- large safe, enough for our cameras, ipad etc, probably big enough for laptop but I would doubt there are any concerns at this place - I left lots of items out that were not touched including an expensive tripod everyday
- wifi in lobby, restaurant, mostly worked 95 percent of the time around pool, 75 percent of the time on balcony and in even 50 percent of the time in room even though it is only guaranteed in lobby
- good sized fridge

Bad:
- bed is quite hard
- beach is littered with plastic bottles and all kinds of other refuse, but other areas I saw in Bali were the same, in Kuta and Lovina
- snorkeling is not clear and lots of garbage in water
- beach club staff gather refuse and bury it on beach rather than actually cleaning it up
- beach club staff don't continue to clean refuse as tide goes out and mostly sit around
- smoking allowed in restaurant, around pool, no break from it, mostly from inconsiderate Europeans, even around children and pregnant women, don't seem to care and hotel doesn't limit any area - I doubt this is a problem limited to this hotel as I saw this in most restaurants as well

Overall a very nice hotel, nice rooms, great staff, great pool, grounds and access to shops and restaurants, I would recommend it. The good far outweighs the bad points and I think some of the bad points you would see most places in Bali. As a really nice point, I had a birthday when I was there and I don't know how the staff even clued in but they made me a cake on my birthday for free. It was a really nice thought and unexpected.

Room Tip: If you are from North America and have a converter there are plugs in the bathroom and one on the fr...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Just got back from the lovely Parigata Resort & Spa. I have a stroller, so I requested the ground floor. Initially the aircon was not operating correctly however they swiftly moved us to a similar room. The room and bathroom was big and very clean. Such a nice room we knew we would enjoy our stay. Our room was outfront the pool, and it was lovely listening to the waterfall. Anything we asked for the hotel was always kind and obliging, advising and looking up directions for us. We had room service that always tasted lovely and v.affordable.
Excellent location, short walk to beach and short walk to Hardy's and other shops and resturants.
I would definitely go back.
My only negative, the first couple of days the breakfast tasted ordinary but I feel it was adequate for a hotel that I paid 3 star rates for so this is fair.
For me, the pool was too warm, but it certainly didnt stop me enjoying a swim.

Room Tip: Ground floor, yes please.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Beausejour
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

For the life of me I don't know how anyone could give this lovely hotel a poor review. The lobby, rooms and pool area are kept meticulously clean. The buffet breakfast offers a wide variety of dishes and items are replenished regularly. If something is missing you just have to ask and it is brought to you immediately. Housekeeping staff are wonderful - the rooms are spotlessly cleaned. The front desk staff ensure that any issue or problem is addressed immediately. There was an issue with internet availability one morning and the manager was in the lobby ensuring that everyone changed the passport correctly and also assisted those who are technologically challenged persons (me) to correctly change their settings. I can't say enough about the service that all of the staff provide. This hotel is a little gem.....if you want a "high end" resort then this isn't the place for you.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Do not stay at this hotel

My items were stolen, I knew they were stolen the second i came back into the room. I immediately called downstairs , asked reception to phone the police and that the manager should come up immediately...20 minutes later when neither had happened I went down to reception, and, trying to keep my 'Bali balance' as the manager ignored me and the front desk receptionist laughed at all this...she was laughing at this. whhhhat?

The manager, who refused to call the police, asked 'if i had had a problem with anyone in the hotel' i replied that i had not and clarified that not only were my items stolen, someone had taken a very long time to go through all my personal belongings to find these items and then attempted to put everything back in order after snatching the items so as not to be noticed (no dice)

stupid i was and lucky i was, first i did not use the safe as it was locked and the receptionist which i felt i had already bothered earlier that morning with a slight bug problem in the room, i didnt want to bother her by asking her to reopen the safe which was locked upon my arrival the night previously. I knew i was only out and about to drop off laundry and be back soon... never again thats my lesson.

between 11-4, all doors to the hotel room were locked, the room had been cleaned.

Down at reception after the question about 'did i have a problem with other guests' and the totally relaxed stance of the manager (not to mention laughing assistant) and much time passed, he finally said that he had to check the safe upstairs to be sure so all this bla bla and we now go back upstairs after about 45 minutes from my initial call from the room. I at this point did not ask but told this manager to get whomever cleaned my room (and any other employees who may have been in my room for whatever reason from 11-4) to make themselves available.

The manager finally accompanied me back to the room and first thing i noticed was the head of housekeeping outside the door of my room . next we enter and , geeeez, low and behold the bag of missing items magically appeared on the top of my suitcase definitely not where I had put/hid it and definitely not there when i left the room when the manager did not show up .
and gee whiz the housekeeper did show up and just happened to be there too, even though he would not look me in the eyes

first,what a relief
then
what a total scam! I think the only balance i had here was my NY dont take advantage of me stance which is the only reason the bag reappeared.

very sad, very big problem especially as it seems to me as management is in on this little game

do not stay here some of their employees are not trustworthy
I have never posted a review of this type and it is a shame that i have now had to;
shame on you

Room Tip: inside scams stay clear of this hotel there are many others in the area
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

Been to Parigata Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!