“Clean and Friendly” 4 of 5 stars

Abian Srama Hotel and Spa
Save Saved
You added Abian Srama Hotel and Spa to your Saves list
Abian Srama Hotel and Spa
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan By Pass Ngurah Rai No. 23, Sindhu, Sanur, Denpasar, Bali 80228, Indonesia   |
Ranked #58 of 65 Hotels in Sanur
West Toodyay, Western Australia, Australia
“Clean and Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stayed at this motel for 3 nights in April. It is showing it's age and certainly does not fall in to the luxury category. But it it is well priced, clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. A bit away from the action, but that is it's appeal and no more than a 10 minute stroll to the beach. And a really good breakfast in the price.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Indonesian first
Cairns, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

Keeping in mind the cost of staying here, which was low, this hotel was passable and served our purpose as an overnighter. I wouldn't make this place our long stay hotel though.

Our first room wasn't that great, musty, aircon didn't work, room smelt, and had a shabby bathroom. The redeeming factor of this hotel was the staff who were friendly and were able to swap us out of there in the middle of the night.

Location is about 10 mins walk from the beach.

Room Tip: Room 2A aircon turned on but wasn't putting out any cold air whatsoever. We were able to move ro...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Seattle, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

I want to give a huge thumbs up to Abian Spa in Sanur. It’s part of a very small hotel that goes by the same name. My wife and I had done some research here on spas with Tripadvisor, but had problems locating the recommended venues. Our hotel, Griya Santrian, in Sanur, recommended it, but I was a little reluctant thinking they might be motivated by a commission. Bottom line, we had a couples massage, same room, 90 minutes, Swedish style, that was most exceptional. Private room with shower, quite quiet, and best of all, highly competent massage therapists. I’ve had many massages in Asia, and this experience ranks right up there in the top 10. Total cost was 360,000 rupia per person for 90 minutes, or about $30 each. They will pick you up and take you home afterwards…no extra charge. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Was the most cost benefit hotel I have stayed in Bali. Although sanur not a city to be a tourist sightseeing (heavy traffic), the hotel is well equipped, with air conditioning, dvd, tv and a bed and A good breakfast! Nicely surprised with this hotel. Enjoyed.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Its just behind sanur night market, so we walked about 5mins to eat really good cheap local food. The mee bakso to die for! K mart just a stone throw away, and joe’s diving just opposite.

Rooms were little rundown, don’t expect too much though, and beds abit hard too. A lot a lot of mozzies, which I tink cant help it.

They have a pool but just don’t feel like using it if you get what I mean. Overall, the location is GOOD!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Rockhampton, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Abian Srama is my preferred hotel on my Bali trips. I travel alone and feel very safe here with 24 hour reception and security. The rooms are spacious and clean, with air con, small fridge, TV and free WiFi. All the staff are friendly and helpful and breakfast is served from 7 am to 11 am with a good variety. Free bikes are available for use by guests and the beach is close by. The night markets are next door, many restaurants within walking distance and a 24 hour convenience store 50 yards away. I have read about mozzies in many reviews but they have never worried me because I light a mosquito coil each night. It is Bali, it does rain and mozzies are just part of that. There's a small pool which has recently been done up and I always found it clean. There is a pick up service from the airport and they will also arrange for your trip back to the airport, both ways at reasonable rates. I'm more than happy with my stays at Abian Srama and consider it good value for my money.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

My husband and I booked through AirAsia 2 months ago, both flight and accomodation at Abian Srama Hotel and Spa. When we arrived there, the manager told us there is no available room, and put us up at Sanur Indah Hotel. We argued on how he made the room available to others as it has been booked and paid for, he did not seem to care much about our concern.The entrance to the hotel looked like a brothel entrance to me! The room shocked us, it was cramped and bathroom very so narrow. We requested to be given a proper room as we had paid for our room at the previous hotel, the Abian Srama Hotel and Spa. But the manager insisted we stay here. We were so pissed off and to make things worse, the breakfast was only toast, coffee and butter and jam, when we told the supervisor we wanted to have breakfast at the Abian Srama Hotel and Spa, he said we can't do that. But when we checked with the supervisor at the Abian Srama Hotel and Spa, she said we could. We were very unhappy because we did not get what we paid for and I hope AirAsia will remove them from their list of hotels. Its degrading! The manager threw in an hour's massage free for us as he could did not want to compensate the booking fee. From then onwards, we hardly stayed in the room. To all travelers out there, please avoid this place, as you can get a whole lot of a better deal for the money that you are paying for this absurd hotel. It only looks good in photos!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Abian Srama Hotel and Spa? Share your experiences!