“Just as good, if not better than last time!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue, Indonesian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Brisbane, Australia
“Just as good, if not better than last time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Our second visit to this restaurant and again was not disappointed. Wonderful food and service, friendly owners, relaxed atmosphere.........what more could you ask for.

The steaks here, whilst a little more expensive than some other places in the same area, are fantastic value for money. I couldn't help comparing both the quality and size of my rib eye steak at Sky Blue to the beef I had eaten the night previously at another local place. Sky Blue came up trumps on all counts by comparison. At approx $13-$14AUD it was as good as any $40 steak in Australia (and in fact better than many I have had). I was looking forward to enjoying a lovely dessert but was unable to, due to the assistance I gave my partner in finishing his very large meal of mixed grill. I guess I will just have to go back again!

• Visited November 2012

• Indonesian first
Cairns Australia
“Return Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

I couldn't help myself this time around and visited Skyblue Bar and Branded Grill once again. I cannot express just how good this place is. You have to visit it to believe it. My wife said it was like not being in Bali eventhough you were. Not sure how that explains it but I would recommend you try this place. Everything is just right.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“"You must dine at Skyblue"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We have eaten in many restaurants when holidaying in Bali and were very impressed with our first visit to Skyblue Bar and Branded Grill. Every aspect of our evening was fantastic. The staff were very attentive, courteous and friendly. Every course was delicious and cooked to perfection. Skyblue is fairly new, but believe me, they will be well known by locals and tourists in no time and bookings will probably be a must :-)
The owners and staff should be very proud of themselves and we look forward to more delicious meals at Skyblue in future.

• Visited October 2012
Cairns Australia
“A Gem of a restaurant in Sanur”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

The service is great, the food is great and the price very realistic. What a little gem the Skyblue Bar and Branded Grill is. Located close to Semawang Beach and a short walk down Jalan Kesuma Sari. Had noticed this bar before but last night ventured inside to taste a sirlion steak. It was fantastic. Hopefully will be returning on Sunday for their roast dinner. Met Stefan Zawada, the owner, nice guy. This is a great place for all the family to eat at.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
San Diego, California
“Elegant and Charming Restaurant with Top Notch Food and Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I spent several days in Sanur, Bali, and happened to discover Sky Blue while I was walking around one evening looking for a place to eat. Sky Blue is located near the beach and has an extremely welcoming and charming atmosphere to it. The interior is modern, with timber accents, and plenty of color. A full bar with a solid selection of cocktails, wine and beer will make sure that you get your evening started off the right way.

The building is two stories, and is an ideal setting for private parties.When I arrived, the friendly and delightful executive chef, (Stefan Zawada) greeted me at my table to tell me about the specials. He just happened to have a salmon fillet that evening, so I decided to go with that. It wasn't a mistake! I even got to see the boneless, steak before it was prepared for me! Stefan showed me the kitchen, and how they don't even need a walk-in b/c all of the fresh ingredients come in and get eaten up so quick, there's no reason for anything to sit around.

The portion size was great. Often times a high-end restaurant will have you paying an exorbitant price for am amount of food that doesn't quite seem to fit the price. I didn't feel like that applied here. My salmon steak was a great size for one person, and then I had a generous helping of salad and roasted potatoes. I also had a glass of the house wine, and it was a nice compliment without being too expensive of an addition.

I had the pleasure of getting to meet the owner and some of the staff. They're a lovely and eclectic group, and it was really nice to be so well taken care of as a tourist traveling by myself. They made me feel right at home and that was quite special. I can't say enough at this location. They are new right now, but as more people learn about them, reservations are going to become mandatory! I would highly recommend this restaurant for special occasions, a place to meet a friend for some drinks and conversation at the bar, or even on your own. I'll definitely be visiting Sky Blue again when I make it back to Bali.

• Visited May 2012