I went to Pandawa in early Nov 2012 for a 5d4n 3rd year anniversary trip. It's our first time in Bali. We purchased a deal through LivingSocial coupon website, of which the rooms based on the pictures and coupon value was hard to resist(incl massage, airport transfer & breakfast)
Finally the day came, we arrived with lots of anticipation. However, the promised airport transfer never came. But lucky us, the chartered transport service that we booked for tour the next day screwed our booking and the driver came to pick us up at the airport instead! We realized that after some conversation, we realized he was not from Pandawa! Funny ha! He was so kind, and sent us to the hotel FOC. True Balinese hospitality :)
We soon discovered that Pandawa was true to what it claimed in the ad. Except that, we didn't know it was at the far end of Sanur, on the black sand beach. Besides the screw up on the airport transfer, we didn't face any problems with the hotel. Our breakfast was good, sent to the room. The porters and receptions was fine, but not with perfect English. Not much of problem since we speak Malay language which is not so much different than Indonesian language.
I was excited to watch surfers surfing at the much less populated area right from our villa. It was my first time to step on the black sand!
One thing you must know, the location is far from the touristy area of the center of Sanur town. So if you want action, lots of shops,dive shops,tour companies and facilities around you won't find them within walking distance. We rent a motorbike, and traveled 15-20 min to town to get a decent lunch/dinner, especially for Halal restaurants.
After two nights, we checked out and head to the very busy city of Kuta. Big mistake. We should've visit Kuta first and head to Pandawa before leaving Bali. Seriously guys, if you want a better holiday, go to Kuta first before heading to other areas of Bali. Only then, you'll be properly rested.
Go to Pandawa if you don't mind black sand and not planning to do stuffs as mentioned above. Just relax!
Good luck on your trip :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pandawa Beach Villas & Spa is a beachfront luxury resort consists of 5 private villas (with 14 bedroom in total)and the Spa. This resort offers you an unrivaled view of Indian Ocean with an exceptional comfort, impressive tropical and modern design blended with a unique traditional concept. The well prepared service infrastructure will provide you an unforgettable Pandawa Living experience.It is located in the north of Sanur in a traditional fisherman's village, where you can enjoy the secluded and relaxing neighborhood with the real atmosphere of famous Balinese tradition and cultures.About 40 mins drives from Ngurah Rai International Airport, 15 mins drives to the central of Sanur, 25 mins to Ubud area, 10 mins to Sukawati art market with many galleries or Bali Safari & Marine Park.To make your stay truly enriching, Pandawa Beach Villas & Spa developed a variety of tailored holiday activities which can be booked or arranged by your Butler, such as:- Indulging and reviving Spa treatments- Meditation or Yoga classes, cooking classes- Horse riding, surfing lessons, diving, sailing, white water rafting, water sports- Island tour to safari parks, sacred and beautiful temples, volcano, water fall, culture and art performance and many moreThis beautiful property is fully Indonesian owned and managed by a collaboration of young and dynamic Indonesian people with senior tourism practician. All of their experience and efforts with an authentic Balinese etiquette and attitude will show and proof you how Bali becomes very popular with its exceptional service and their people friendliness. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Pandawa Beach Villas & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pandawa Beach Villas And Spa
- Pandawa Beach Villas Hotel Sanur
- Pandawa Beach Villas & Spa Sanur, Bali