“Beautiful Guest House” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Kayu Sugih Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sanur
Kayu Sugih Guest House
You added Kayu Sugih Guest House to your Saves list
Jl.Danau Tamblingan No.76 Sanur | Denpasar, Sanur, Denpasar, Bali 80228, Indonesia   |
Ranked #11 of 94 Sanur B&B and Inns
Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Beautiful Guest House”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed here for 9 nights and were not disappointed. The breakfast was lovely (the best of all the places we stayed in during our time in Bali), you are given a choice of American or Indonesian. They also ask how you would like your egg cooked. The fresh juice in the morning was also great. They also let you have your breakfast at whatever time you wish.

This guest house is in a great location for the beach and all the restaurants (we recommend Little Bird Warung). The beach is literally a 2 minute walk and the staff will tell you a short cut to get there. A footpath goes along the beach for miles, so you can choose whatever part of the beach you like. It is also a lovely walk.

The gardens surrounding the rooms are beautifully kept. We had a air con room which was cleaned everyday. The only down side to our room was we had no outside space to sit compared to the other rooms which did. Also there are no windows in the bedroom so it can seem a little dark in there during the day, however there is a lounge part in front of the bedroom which is great to relax in with plenty of light. Overall we really enjoyed our stay here and felt very much at home during our stay with the help and friendliness of all the staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Turin, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We enjoyed our stay in this accomodation. The property is away from the road and therefore very quiet. It 'also immersed in a well-kept garden. The staff is friendly and helpful and the breakfasts are superb.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Arrived to total black-out in the area. Couldn't even shower or change as they only gave me a little tealight candle. Sat in the dark for nearly an hour before the power came back on. As power outages are quite frequent in Bali, most establishments will make sure that they provide guests with enough candles and flashlight but not here. Room was clean but small, bathroom was adequate but had this pump going on and off the whole night and with no door, you can't close off the sound. Breakfast was adequate but the mee goreng was a tad too oily. The owners were friendly enough but not too helpful with information about the area. I asked where I could buy a phone charger on the night I arrived but they said wait till morning. I walked around and found a little shop with what I needed as well as topped up my prepaid number. They called their taxi friend when I checked out for my transfer to Ubud. He was great and drove me around Sanur to have a look see of the area. Luckily we did that because I then realised I had left my phone in the room. Went back to get it and the owner said he was going to email me. Why couldn't he have just called the driver?

Wifi was patchy and unreliable, beach was nowhere in sight and no idea how to get to it via an easy route. Lots of restaurants on the main road outside but again no recommendations or help from the hotel so ended up aimlessly wandering on the stretch of road outside.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Woombye, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We arrived here late at night after a free pickup from the airport. The owners wife greeted us with a refreshing fruit drink beautifully decorated. So welcoming. We stayed for 4 nights and delighted in the surroundings. Beautiful gardens, lovely breakfasts on the terrace and the use of a neighbouring pool if we needed. And yes, we did after our busy days out. Our A/C room was large and the kingsize bed was great. There was a tv with some cable stations and a fridge. Wifi was uneven but always reliable on the terrace. The bathroom was clean but a bit tired. There was nowhere to put your toiletries but the large cupboard in the bedroom was useful and has a locked drawer and the whole cupboard can be locked. The cook and other workers were so polite and welcoming as were the owners. They do not speak english very well but always assisted our requests. The guesthouse is very secure and safe. Great location, just a very short walk through an empty allotment to the beach, close to many places to eat and about 10-15 minute walk to Hardy's . We felt this guesthouse was good value for money. Shame about Sanur beaches, badly polluted.

Room Tip: A/C is a must for humid Sanur. Always ask about using the nearby pool. The owners don't share mu...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 4 nights. Pros: rooms are clean and area is very quiet. Emphasis on quiet and nice. Can't tell that it's just off the main street. Toiletries eg shampoo soap toothbrush shower cap were all provided for. You can use the pool at the nearby hotel, which is a few min walk away but very nice! Deck chairs n free towel provided. Service is friendly and we had a free ride to the airport on the way home. Cons: access to the beach is through this area that is being redeveloped not the nicest walk through but it is relatively near to the guesthouse. Its about a 5-10 min walk to reach the beach. Otherwise you need to walk ages to the nearest public entrance or brazen through a restaurant/hotel. (You will understand if you're there) Sanur beach itself was a bit disappointing. Wifi was for some reason incredibly patchy and frustrating (we were the only guests there for at least a day or two).

• Stayed May 2013
South Africa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

So my room had no window in it! Enough said. This may is the ideal place for backpackers, partiers or folks who intend to only sleep there and nothing else etc but not my cup of tea. My room ( which was extremely basic) had a front lounge room which had windows but didn't let very much light into the actual bedroom and there is a small pokey bathroom with windows. But the bedroom had no windows.

I could not find soap or any amenities in the bathroom anywhere!! The bathroom was so tiny, no space to put any toiletries except on top of the toilet! You have to move the toiletries to flush the toilet. I eventually found the soap when I checked out, it was hiding in the dark cupboard.

The Internet connection while it is free, is terrible! Slow as anything and I could not connect my computer only my phone. It could barely carry a Skype call to my husband.

The grounds were nice. That's all I can really say about the place. The service was very average and the service ladie also came knocking on my door and peering in the window to tell me it was time to eat breakfast, I was on a phone call at the time.

Also the room has no phone!
I was suppose to stay for 3-4 nights and left after 1.

I came from Ubud to this hotel where I was paying only $10 more for a hotel there and the place was magnificent, not the car here at all!
After reading the reviews I expected more!!

• Stayed June 2013
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Kayu Sugih is located off a very attractive bamboo lined road that leads directly from the high street to 2 hotels only, so it is a pleasant, quiet and shady introduction to the hotel.

Kayu Sugih is a series of bungalows based around a luscious garden in a typical Balinese set up, so of course you enter the hotel through an intricately carved brick and stone gateway and into the garden.

The garden is very well tended, neat, shady and green, only broken by the flowers. Across from the rooms is the verandah of the main house and also where you have breakfast. Everything is very well tended, tidy and clean. It is also only 50 meters or so from the road, but by some freak of architecture or whatever it is virtually silent in the garden.

My rooms consist of a front room with couch and fridge, a bedroom with large and comfortable bed and a bathroom.

The hot water always works, as does the AC and the WiFi, the staff are very courteous and polite, the owner friendly and the place and rooms are spotless. Breakfasts are good for Bali.

There is always someone around the front gate or the garden and although Bali is a very safe place anyway, this feels especially secure. The doors even have proper locks - a rare thing in Bali.

The down sides are that it does not have a pool, but sanur beach is only a 3 minute walk. The other is that the rooms are quite western and this may not suit, the upside of this is less places for mosquitoes to hide.

I came here without checking it out, but whilst I stayed here ( I am still here) a trip advisor winner 2013 award arrived in the post and I can see why they got this.

I highly recommend Kayu Sugih and will stay here on my next trip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Kayu Sugih Guest House? Share your experiences!