“Great dive center, better people” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Joe's Gone Diving Bali is a Dutch-owned PADI 5* IDC dive center in Sanur on Bali, managed by Jan and Mirjam. We arrange all your daily scuba diving trips, dive safaris and PADI courses up to PADI IDC staff Instructor on Bali for you. At Joe's, we like you to get the most out of this impressive dive destination and make your precious time off relaxing and fun. How? We always dive in small groups with experienced dive masters & instructors and have excellent facilities.
Denpasar, Indonesia
3 attraction reviews
“Great dive center, better people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I have dived with them a couple times and they are a great dive center. Staff is particularly friendly, and that's something you really enjoy besides diving. You can feel there's a diving community feeling in this dive center, and they are not just looking for your money, I like that too.

I was looking for some place where I could stay diving for a while during my time in Bali, and this is definitely one of my best options.

Visited April 2014

hampshire
3 attraction reviews
“Great choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Chose them because of their location close to our Hotel and got lucky. Good quality kit, very helpful staff and flexible in their response to our dive requests. Everything went to plan,dives were excellent, in fact I think Manta Point may turn out to be the dive of my life. 7 large Manta Rays on film at one time only 20 - 30 feet away. Food and transport provided were good. No real negatives to mention and prices very competitive.

Visited April 2014
Melbourne, Australia
6 attraction reviews
“Fantastic diving, Fantastic team, Fantastic service, 5 stars!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Joes Gone Diving

I don't often write reviews, in fact I nearly didn't write this one. I spent around 3 1/2 weeks diving with Joes Gone Diving, completing my rescue course, DM course, a few fun dives, and a dive safari.

There's a really nice vibe at Joes from the minute you arrive. Everyone introduces themselves, a drink of your choice is popped in your hand, and everyone is keen to get to know you and what you want from your diving experience. At the end of each days diving most of the team join you for a beer to reflect on the days adventures, do fish id, log dives, and have a chat. Everyone clearly loves what they do, it's obvious. There's a stream of returning customers, who know what I'm talking about, they feel the love!!

Coupled with the friendliness is a dive team that is super professional. Whether teaching courses or fun diving, the attention to detail, focus on learning and development, and environmental awareness is second to none. With a mix of local and international dive masters and instructors, there isn't much this team doesn't know about diving in general, and diving in Bali.

The other thing that makes JGD such a great dive centre is their attention to detail in the daily running of the operation. As a customer, you are so well looked after;
hotel pick ups, equipment/gear management, transfers to dive spots, small dive groups, amazing lunches, soft towels for after diving, gear washing and storage etc it just seems to magically happen around you. It's pretty awesome.

I also wanted to do a 'muck' dive safari with a mate. It was no problem to tailor an overnight trip, get advice on sites, organise a driver and guide and hotel, make one simple payment. It was just great.

I can't thank them enough. Owners Jan and Mirjam have assembled a top team, developed a great culture, and deliver an unrivalled service.

Big thanks to everyone, especially Markus and Jenny but also Ethel, Ezra, Roland, Medvin, Fitri, Fita, Nick, Putu, Komang, Ketut, and Buttons.

Needless to say, I'll definitely be dropping by in the future, hopefully to dive but if not just to say hi.

Visited March 2014
Helsinki, Finland
7 attraction reviews
“Great day and nice dive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

We did with Joe gone diving the Tulamben wreck dive. They picked us from our villa, we fitted the right equipment in their shop and drove with a minivan to Tulamben. All the instructors were nice and helpful and spoke good english. Our instructor had a writing board which he wrote all the names of the fish we shaw during the dive underwater. Visibility was great during the dive and we saw lot of different fish during our two dives. The wreck itself was not so much to see but it attracted lot of fish there what was great. They offered us a meal during the dives in a restaurant which was ok. The whole package was quite pricey compared to some other diving places we have visited but it was still good value for money.

Visited February 2014
Bali, Indonesia
7 attraction reviews
“Personal, Professional, and so much fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

There's a very good reason for Joe's stellar reviews! Everyone on staff is knowledgeable, professional, warm, and attentive from the moment you inquire to the moment you wave goodbye after you've logged your dives. We spent a fabulous day at Manta Point & Crystal Bay where we saw 5 gorgeous Manta Rays along with an array of colorful coral and marine life. All of the instructors and guides knew their stuff and helped us feel safe and secure while at the same time making the experience fun-filled and exciting.

Not only does Joe's staff take care of setting up the equipment for you, but their equipment is in tip-top shape. You can tell that they take pride in their facilities and equipment and that they make safety a priority.

I was especially impressed by how friendly and helpful even the boat captain and boat hands were. There was a cooler on board with plenty of water & snacks, which was especially nice in between dives (as was the onboard toilet for those of us who don't like going in our suits!).

When we got back to the shop, we were treated to a delicious Indonesian lunch, which we ate together outside in the garden. Joe's has a way of making customers feel like old friends or family--highly recommended!

Thanks Jan, Mirjam, and all the staff at Joe's, especially Buttons the dog:)

Visited March 2014