“Sea walker terrified me” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bali Success Day Tours

Bali Success Day Tours
Sekar Menuh Bldg By Pass Ngurah Rai #5 Padang Galak, Sanur, Denpasar, Bali 80227, Indonesia
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #72 of 107 Activities in Sanur
Type: Educational Sites, Sightseeing Tours
Sydney, Australia
126 attraction reviews
“Sea walker terrified me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Unfortunately I didn't make it into the water with the helmet on
There were so many people doing this as it seemed rushed from start to finish
We were the only westerners all the rest were Japanese and it was definitely aimed at this market

We were not shown any instruction video as others have said they saw
our instructions were hurried and that made me panic a little
Different hand signals so many I could not remember, air pressure will build up once the helmet is placed over your head the guide told us ( I always have trouble on the planes with this ,so that worried me ) don't tilt your head back or helmet will slowly fill with water , and when this happens tilt head back to let water out omg Will I drown if it keeps rising ? don't breath out through mouth will fog the helmet so you can't see

Others were braver than me and did the walk me I got as far as starting to go down the ladder and then real panic set in I couldn't do it unfortunately

And I wasn't the only one

Visited February 2013

Darwin, Australia
9 attraction reviews
“Great for those who can't scuba”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

What a lovely crew, they looked after us very well even after I got seasick underwater and that was not pretty.

Darwin, Australia
6 attraction reviews
“Mount Batur Trekking, The Rim Walk”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Awesome, experience! We went with Bali Success Tours and our guide went out of his way to make our experience one of the best and took us up to the summit for the rim walk. I'd recommend them any day.

The trek up to the lookout is great, but the rim walk is much better than only going to the lookout where all the other tours stop.

The views are amazing and totally worth it. The breakfast -mmm best banana sandwich and eggs ever - yeah I was a bit puzzled when I read the reviews on the breakfast prior to our trip, but you have to do it to appreciate it. :)

The rim walk is unnerving; at some parts you have to cross a section of the path that is about 30cm in with, with sheer drops on either side. Yeah, I'm serious -no there aren’t any handrails or ropes to hold on to - I had the guide's hand (most of the way anyway) Passing this section follows a part, where you have to hold onto the rim at one section and climb across rocks to reach the next section of the path. However, what killed me was the downward slope on the black slippery volcanic sand (It's about 100m downwards and then more loose sand and rocks). Admittedly I'm not known for having ampules amounts of balance or agility and was terrified that I might slip or fall.

Although this was one of the best things I've ever done, I would not repeat it. Future trekkers should - note that this is treacherous hike and not something for the unfit, inexperienced or faint hearted.

Adrenalin junkies - go for it you may even find it easy ;)

Visited February 2012
Kalgoorlie, Australia
6 attraction reviews
“Awesome, had a blast and recommend to others!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

We hired a driver to take us to the Puri Santrian in Sanur where we did the Sea Walker. The staff were helpful and so friendly, and very reassuring as I was a little frightened of the concept of the whole thing.

Once we got into the water, I realised how EASY it was (much easier than diving) and I relaxed and just enjoyed all the gorgeous fish! they gave us bottle of fish food and we had a CLOUD of fish swimming around us it was just magic!

We had a lot of fun doing this and would recommend to others! They take underwater pictures and movies of you as well that you can choose to buy if you like.

Brisbane
“Worst experience of my life”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We were picked up by our driver from our resort in Seminyak and started a torturously long journey to Sanur for the Seawalker experience. We we arrived our driver pointed to an area for us to sit and wandered away, we waited for 20 minutes and were not approached by any staff willing to assist us so we approached the hotel front desk and the woman on reception was kind enough to call the company to come and collect us. We finally saw the representative looking for us and were taken through to an area, told to get changed, handed a towel, shoes and some water and were sat down to watch an "instructions video" where a women with a horrific accent informed you of what to do. The instructions were lacking given that the whole premise of this "under water walk" is that you put a large tank over your head manipulating an air pocket (simiiar to what Jack and Orlando Bloom do with the boat in the 1st Pirates of the Carribien) we were told to take our time, and equalise our ears at every step to the bottom. What they do not mention is that, the instructors are pulling and forcing you below the water and you are dragged down every step, since you are not allowed to look down to avoid your helmet filling with water and drowning you, you are reliant on your feel to get to the bottom. It is impossible to equalise your ears when you are pulled to the ocean floor and the pressure in the helmet was excruitating. My partner got to the bottom and his helmet had filled with water up to his nose and despite following instructions to tip his head back the water level continued to rise, the instructors ignored his frantic hand signals and motioned he would be fine, but as he began to blow bubbles in the water he made the decision to return to the boat. Finally they assisted and he was able to get back into the vessel. The view down below was deplorable. The pictures of starfish on the helmets, fish everywhere and colourful coral are a joke. You get below the water, see a few fish, no coral, a giant rock and are struggling not to get swept away but huge currents and tides. It was the worst experience of my entire life.