“Still going strong after all these years” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Good Food
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Still going strong after all these years”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I first came to Arena about ten years ago and loved the food and service then. Amazingly, standards are equally high today, unlike so many places which seem to slip over time. Not at Arena! Staff are friendly and chatty and pretty much anything I have ordered over time has been very good quality.
The only downside for me is that smoking is allowed (and done a lot) in the main area. The non-smoking area is to the side and always full with big families. Screaming kids is not my preferred dining environment.
All in all, a great place, especially on Wednesday nights when there's a pub quiz.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
“Yummy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

The food in here are gorgeous and amazing. All of my food that I had ordered were delicious.

But the service is not really good. The waitress not so welcome. But, one of the waitress is nice.

the ambience is quite good nice.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
jimbaran
“Treated awfully”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Recently visited this place with a booking of 15. We sat down and had our meals which came at varied times between 10 minutes and an hour. As soon as we had finished we were asked if we could leave as they had a "Pub Quiz" happening. I wish they had told us before we sat down as we would have gone elsewhere knowing this. Overall worst service i have ever had in bali (10 years of visiting). You might also want to clean the pipes on your draught beer tap...

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Indonesia
“Nosedive”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I've been eating here for years but have now decided not to give them any more of my business after three very poor dining experiences in the last month. This used to be a good restaurant when Olaf was general manager but now it is locally run by management who do not care about the quality of the food coming out of the kitchen.

1. Very overpriced
2. Passing off local beef steak as imported Australian grade, and trying to charge 40 dollars for a steak
3. Rip off wine prices (even by Indonesian standards)
4. Substandard quality of food, no care taken in preparation
5. Cancelled and returned food to the kitchen, staff aggressively try to pursue to have the bill paid for - followed into the car park area and harassed
6. Grimy and dingy environment, this place needs to be cleaned and inspected by the standards authority

I once spent over 150 dollars A WEEK in this restaurant, now I will never return. There are far better and more fairly priced dining options in Sanur.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Singapore, Singapore
“Ribs were not as good as I remembered”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I came here years ago for the ribs, and I used to think it was pretty good. I ordered the boneless spare ribs this time; while it was passable, I wouldn't return for it. It was on the tough side, the sauce was very sweet, and the vegetables on the side was sad and limp. The caffe latte I ordered on the side was not milky enough, but they were quick to bring me extra milk.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere