“A pleasant dining experience all round.” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #16 of 276 Restaurants in Sanur
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, International
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Doing business
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Prices all included. Free pick up and drop off within Sanur area.
“A pleasant dining experience all round.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We enjoyed a lovely evening dining at CharMing with the duck being juicy, tasty and tender. The lamb shanks were excellent with the whole dish being beautiful. The wait staff were friendly and very obliging. Recommend this restaurant .

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
“Thumbs Up”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Very nice restaurant. This place has a very limited selection for vegetarians with one starter and one main however they're always happy to alter other dishes to my request. I went with three other meat-eaters and they say in terms of mostly French style cuisine, it's the best in Sanur.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
powder1000
“I loved my Scallops and Ribeye”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I would say this is one of the best meals I have had whilst in Indonesia. The only 2 things that let me down were that my steak was not really Medium Rare, but rather on the Rare side. The other thing is the price, I feel that they are on the expensive side.

My husband however tried their Wagyu steak, although it was very soft, he felt the portion size was much too small for the price of 290000 and he was not overly impressed with the flavor either.

I see on other reviews that this seems to be the trend with this restaurant, some people are happy others are not. I wish they would become a bit more consistent with their food, as they have the ability to move to the No1 position on Trip Advisor

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Some had excellent meals, some had ordinary ones”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I had a great meal here, my duck confit was superb. However my brother, who was dining with me, had the duck breast and it was terrible! My sister reported that the lobster was also very ordinary. Apparently the Indonesian feast was good, as you could try many different dishes and if you didn't like something it didn't matter as there was so much to try.

Visited July 2013
Auckland
“Disappointed”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Food was OK . I had duck breast which was a long time in coming and turned up with French fries. When you are paying 240,000 IDR for a main I would expect more than french fries. Mashed potatoes would have been better but they had none. Vegetables were very basic and also very minimal. Staff were friendly but I think this is our least favourite dining experience in Sanur.

Visited July 2013