I have thought long and hard regarding what to write about the Mercure in Sanur. My friend and I booked for four nights in March but checked out after two nights.
The Mercure must once have been a fantastic resort and it has the potential to be great again. There are a lot of positives but the negatives resulted in us cutting our stay short. The resort itself is nicely planned, two pools, right on the beach, nice grounds and the grouping of the rooms is great.
Check-in was quite slow and disorganised - it was around 4pm and they weren't busy but the guys took a long time and were not terribly enthusiastic. We were shown to our room which on first impressions was great. Large and spacious on the ground floor with a tiny little balcony looking to the garden. The air con was moderately successful in cooling down the room but as it was exceptionally hot while we were there maybe it struggled a little. The room smelt quite musty and we thought perhaps it had been shut up for a while. The bathroom was large but the shower was mouldy, the basin had rusty spots around the vanity, the taps were speckled and not clean and it was generally not terribly pleasant. The cleaning of the room left a lot to be desired.
Breakfast was OK but only average. The restaurant food was very average although we only ate one meal there we chose not to return. The staff were the most unhappiest staff I have ever seen in Bali! Not many happy smiling faces at all, apart from the Barman at the Pool Bar, he was great but his Bintang was warm:(
On check out we were offered another room but as that would not have solved the food and restaurant issues or the attitude of the staff (or the warm beer!!) we chose to relocate instead.
So, all in all I think the resort could be great but unfortunately its anything but at the moment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Resort Sanur Bali, a resort with contemporary Balinese design featuring 189 guest rooms in 41 Balinese cottages with traditional thatched rooftops. Each guest room has it’s own private balcony overlooking the tropical garden. Only 20 minutes away from the Ngurah Rai International airport. Has a direct access to a white sand beach. A stone pathways will lead you around 5 hectares luscious tropical garden, with its fragrant trees, towering palm and coconut tress, and more than 100 species of flora.A perfect place to relax while experiencing the beauty of Bali’s unique culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, ACCOR, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Mercure Resort Sanur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Resort Sanur Hotel Sanur
- Mercure Hotel Sanur
- Accor Hotel Sanur
- Mercure Resort Sanur Bali