We have been coming to Sanur for years and we paticularly like the Mercure for its location gardens and the individual accomodation set up. We travel as a couple with a child under 12. We stay for up to 2 weeks at a time. The Mercure is clean and comfortable, but certainly not a progressive resort. It seems stuck in a time warp, and somebody needs to grab it with both hands and shake it out. The foundations of location gardens and accomodation are fantastic. Something that modern hotels do not have. All that is needed is a complete renovation / update and you would have a top class facility.
The beautiful pathways through the garden are lovely, but dangerous and slippery when wet. A simple waterblast would fix that.The swimming pools are both in need of a makeover, with the rear pool close to being unhygenic due to a failed filtration system. The kids club is token only, mainly a place to dump the kids with a carer. There are no programs. The main dining area is overpriced OK and boring. You won't get food posioning and you won't walk out with a WOW factor either
Staff are kind and courteous, but do not activly engage in customer service. The rooms are cleaned daily, and though the linen etc is clean, it is in dire need of replacement. Bath towels were thread bare. Pool towels were no better however we did see new ones being handed out towards the end of our stay. Customer requests are accomodated, but there is no pro active customer service. This hoilday we booked for 7 nights. An attempt to extend this period was hard work. (Resort was at 65% occupancy go figure!) We got there in the end, but why make it so hard to keep a guest you already have on site. Surrounding Resorts were bending over backwards. We will go back again for the location etc, and we will eat and drink outside of the resort. Room rates cannot increase until the place is upgraded. If they did increase the rates we would choose from the many other modern madeover resorts that are close by and pay the difference. All in all a good resort that has been let to run down, and in this competitive world something an operator can not afford to do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Resort Sanur Bali, a resort with contemporary Balinese design featuring 189 guest rooms in 41 Balinese cottages with traditional thatched rooftops. Each guest room has it’s own private balcony overlooking the tropical garden. Only 20 minutes away from the Ngurah Rai International airport. Has a direct access to a white sand beach. A stone pathways will lead you around 5 hectares luscious tropical garden, with its fragrant trees, towering palm and coconut tress, and more than 100 species of flora.A perfect place to relax while experiencing the beauty of Bali’s unique culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, ACCOR, Travelocity, Agoda, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Mercure Resort Sanur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Resort Sanur Hotel Sanur
- Mercure Hotel Sanur
- Accor Hotel Sanur
- Mercure Resort Sanur Bali