I have just spent 5days staying at the Mercure resort, Sanur, Bali. I have to agree with most previous reviews. The grounds are large and well kept. The hotel welcoming and cooling on arrival. The hotel is situated at the end of Sanur known as Cemara Beach. Mercure have a dedicated beach front area which is posted as Mercure and has a security person at each end keeping an eye out for ??? Comfortable beach lounges are provided in a lovely area covered in shady trees but you can drag your lounge into the direct sun if preferred. Mind you, you need to be a bit quick before 10am if you want to grab one but they usually become vacant again around lunch or early afternoon. The rooms are clean and the bedroom is quite spacious although not a lot of cupboard or drawers to unpack clothes. Air conditioning works fantastic. Bathrooms are not so big and could do with a bit of work as the wood work showing signs of rot due to water in such a small space. Towels well used and a bit thin but changed daily. Did n't take the breakfast option as it is a bit expensive but numerous little warungs or restaurants all serving a nice breakfast at very very reasonable prices along beach or outside hotel. Two pools but the large one seems to have filtration problems and the water a bit murky and the second nearer the restaurant clean and cooling but over clorinated so the eyes take a bit of a stinging. Larger pool has baby section and there are always lots and lots of sun lounges to sit by pool. Mercure provide an excellent free shuttle bus starting at 9am and travelling every hour to Hardy's store in central Sanur. Service also has a free return trip on the half hour. Well used and well apreciated by all guests. Service stops for a break around 11am and commences again at 3pm up to around 5pm. Hardys has a supermarket to pick up drinks food or anything generally found a your home supermarket. Also has clothing and crafts and souvenirs, CDs DVD,s and most of what is found in markets or stalls at set price and very reasonable, probably cheaper than outside most often. Overall staff very friendly and I would probably stay again as this section of Sanur is very pleasant with access to everything you could possibly need.Hotel provides cable Tv but not a lot of English channels available except Fashion channel!!!! National Geo,(Excellent) and a movie channel couple of others but hard to get news that you may be interested in. Recommend to someone looking for peace and tranquillity. Small Kids seem to be happy enough here. Had my teenage son and big beach chess set kept him partially occupied although a billiard table can be found in an underground front area near the lobby toilets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Resort Sanur Bali, a resort with contemporary Balinese design featuring 189 guest rooms in 41 Balinese cottages with traditional thatched rooftops. Each guest room has it’s own private balcony overlooking the tropical garden. Only 20 minutes away from the Ngurah Rai International airport. Has a direct access to a white sand beach. A stone pathways will lead you around 5 hectares luscious tropical garden, with its fragrant trees, towering palm and coconut tress, and more than 100 species of flora.A perfect place to relax while experiencing the beauty of Bali’s unique culture. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, ACCOR, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Resort Sanur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Resort Sanur Hotel Sanur
- Mercure Hotel Sanur
- Accor Hotel Sanur
- Mercure Resort Sanur Bali