“Don't think, just come here!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 240 Restaurants in Sanur
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Adelaide
“Don't think, just come here!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This is going to be a big call, but I think this place served me the best meal I've ever eaten!! There, I've said it! But it's true!!!
The space is beautiful, the staff are warm, welcoming and accommodating, the cocktails are classy and fresh, and the food.......!!
Handmade loaves of complimentary bread with whipped garlic butter comes first, followed by our starters. On our table, cold rolls (my husbands claims these were the best ever also) and caeser salad. All delicious!!
Then for main, the duck, spicy chicken pasta, stuffed chicken, and mine Indonesian grilled chicken with coconut curry sauce. To. Die. For.
They even obliged with cooking something off the menu for our 5 and 3 year olds.
Don't let the 3 negative reviews on here put you off. Do yourself a favour and go to Kayu Manis, you'll visit again if you have more nights in Sanur, we did!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Indonesian first
Buninyong Vic
“Well worthy of 2nd place in the listings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We ate here twice in the last week. The food was lovely and the price very reasonable. The staff were great and the chef very appreciative of the business. We didn't make any bookings and there were tables free both times.

Sanur, Indonesia
“Fantastic food in Sanur!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We visited the Kayu Manis based on the TA reviews and we were not disappointed. What a gem in the heart of Sanur off the main road! The food is absolutely fanastic, and the presentation simply beautiful. Very attentive staff, and the owner/chef checking on each and every table served himself.
A real treat of amazing cuisine at very reasonable prices. The sliced duck and Confit were divine! We will definitely be back and recommend to all our friends. Thanks to all the staff at Kayu Manis for a wonderful evening!

Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
“Tasty with a zing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My wife and I decided to have our 15th anniversary in Kayu Manis following the advice of so many happy customer of TA. I have to say that we were not disapointed. Being a cook myself, I sometimes get tired of tasteless food in the restaurant of Sanur but it was not the case is this one. We had the duck wich was very good and cooked to perfection, not greassy but tasty with orange sauce for my wife and balsamicum for me. The chef came several time to all the tables to great his customer and answer the diferent wishes. The service is good without beein impose. We will go back there for sure and always recomand the place.

Visited June 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Bland, small servings, disappointing.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We dined at Kayu Manis on the basis of TA reviews. I was disappointed. We shared an entree of a green papaya and prawn salad. it was beautifully plated, two prawns sat above the freshly grated and composed salad. But unlike the original, it lacked flavour- delicate yes, but no punch, bland. Then we both had pastas as our mains. I had the seafood cannelloni. Before deciding, I asked the young waitress if the cannelloni came with blanketing sauce. She indicated that there was a tomato sauce, but sadly there was no sauce, and the pasta was not sufficiently cooked, making the two cannelloni rolls quite difficult to digest. The seafood stuffing was finely chopped seafood - I was unable to make out what it was, and it lacked any binding so fell apart on cutting the rolls. On the side were a few little bits and pieces. The plating again was gorgeous, but you can't eat decor, and after this, I was still ravenous.
My husband had the prawn chilli pasta. Again, a tiny serving for a main, four prawns, mostly heads, no decipherable chilli flavour. No major saucing. We asked for a second helping of bread which was freely given, as we were starving.
The wine we shared was good, well priced, and the dining space very attractive, although extremely humid.
Was the pasta meant as an entree? perhaps so. As we were both starving, we ordered a dessert, some coconut icecream. Two tiny scoops of home made ice cream and sorbet served in a scooped out coconut shell. beautifully presented, but tiny and insubstantial.
Advice- don't share anything, and treat the pastas as entrees or avoid them all together. If you have queries about the food, ask someone with a good grasp of English.

• 3 of 5 stars Food