“Disappointing, no hot water, could not get internet, no view of ocean” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Villa Casis

and 1 more site!
You added Villa Casis to your Saves list
Villa Casis
Jl. Mertasari No. 3, Sanur, Sanur, Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia   |
Ranked #26 of 87 Specialty Lodging in Sanur
south san francisco
“Disappointing, no hot water, could not get internet, no view of ocean”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

Hello, I feel it is important to take the time to warn people.

This villa was very disappointing. We had NO hot water for our shower, after 30 hours of traveling from the United States. It is hard to believe that water can be cold in a hot climate, but indeed it can. It was not pleasant washing my hair in cold water.

We had no internet connection. And our air-conditioning was only working at half power, not really effective. There were stains on the furniture seat cushions. The service was terrible. Reality as we experience it, was nothing like their promotional descriptions.

When I got two people to check out the shower, I asked one who was standing around to get us some ice. The response was a disinterested " you can go down to the kitchen and get it out of the refrigerator."

First, I was told "Oh, you just need to let it run for a while, there is no problem." Then, I was informed that the hot water was indeed "broken" and could not be fixed. But we could use a shower in another room.

I was shocked that this place had any good reviews. It would have been much nicer if we had picked an ordinary hotel on the beach, where there are views of the ocean, refreshing breezes, hot water showers and more enthusiastic service.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

I organised friends to stay At Villa Casis to celebrate my husbands 50th, the villa is stunning and very well staffed by extremely friendly balinese. The location is perfect, out of the rat race but a short walk to fabulous restraurants and shops. We walked the foreshore of Sanur every morning and walked to dinner every night. The Villa is well run the security is tops and, pool area stunning. Eddie will get you anything you need, we had a Baby Pig ( baby guling ) for dinner one night. I would thoroughly recommend this Villa. However it does need a good sound system. Liz Bilgola, Aust

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

We went there with our 3 young grandchildren, our sons and some of their friends and everyone had a great time. The staff are so very friendly and accommodating, couldn't do enough for us. Lovely breakfast. Such a wonderful ambience. Short walk to the beach. Massage centre next door and close to restaurants. We would all go back there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

lovely holiday and very enjoy staying at the villa, All the staff who took care of the cleaning, washing & security were friendly, efficient through in their work. this is the best villa in Sanur and very close to the beach that ever found.

• Stayed July 2009
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2009

I have never had such a miserable Christmas holiday.

The villa first of all is in horrible condition.
There are stains on the sofas from previous guests who have sat on the chairs in their wet bathing suits. The towels are rags. Half of the air-conditioning machines do not work. There are also other stains on the headboards of the beds.

The service was terrible.
According to the website, there are about 10 staff members on the premise. I probably saw 2 at most. They all hide in the back room chit chatting. If you need to get anything, you have to literally search for them for 10 minutes just to get a pool towel. They do not speak English. It was almost impossible to communicate with them. The chef was HORRIBLE. His English was so bad that I actually thought he was pretending not to know the language since I literally mimed every single thing I wanted to eat. When the food got to the table, I was very disapointed. My chicken satay was so dry. The beef was simply inedible. The sauce was pre-made in a package. The fried noodles that we ate for breakfast, lunch, and dinner were all instant noodles. I saw he even bought a box of MSG packets. Luckily I caught him before adding it to all my food. The vegetables were probably my favorite part of the meal, except we had to tell him that we could eat the stem in addition to just the flower of broccoli. The orange juice should also be called orange syrup.

I almost forgot.
There was construction for the whole duration of my stay at Villa Cassis. The visible dust particle were flying right into the swimming pool and into the living area. We hid in our rooms for much of the trip.

I had to leave early. It was sad to waste $3000, but it would have been worse to stay in a living hell.

Never go to Villa Cassis. I would have rather gone on a Disney Cruise with Mickey.

• Liked — Nothing.
  • Disliked — Everything.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2009

I always go to Bali for my yearly vacation...it's been 5 years in a row going there for a visit because of my LOVE for this island.. This is actually my second time coming to Villa CASIS and will go to the same villa again for this year's trip :P...i LOVEEEEE my stay over there...the staffs were very friendly, the manager (Mr.Edi) has made all our request fulfilled upon our arrival. the room kept well-maintained, the linens were changed frequently (per your request) - am a clean freak so this says something.. Me, my sister and couple friends were planning our little reunion in Bali for 5 days last Dec 2008 so I wanted to make sure that our stay were memorable and sweet (i don't get to see them very often), I say this place is a TOP NOTCH...compare to the price you paid and the service you got, it's absolutely WORTH EVERY PENNY...oh and last but not least...the food..OMG...the food were SPLENDID...my fave is the BBQ Seafood, the french style fish soup (i think they call it "casis bouilabaise") and the SOTO AYAM off course...*drooling*...
Anywayy.... I highly recommend this place for those of you who are still looking around for place to stay.. :P..

Stayed December 2008
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2009

I lOVED my holiday. I traveled to Villa Casis in Bali and fell in love with everything about the villa, the location in the quaint village of Sanur and with the whole Bali experience.

The staff were fantastic. There were three couples in our group and four relatively young kids. The kids had a ball. The villa staff couldn't do enough for us. They were discreet when we wanted them to be and paid particular attention during meals and drink times. There are over ten staff. Wow, I had never had such attention in any of the best hotels. They had all done their daily chores by 11am and were out of our space until we called on them. great service.

The villa is immaculate. I understand it was built four years ago but it has been very well maintained. There is wood everywhere, with beautiful stone finishes and sculptures. The beds were the most comfortable I have slept in with fine quality sheets and spa amenities in the bathrooms. The concept of an indoor/outdoor bathroom was new to me but I loved the experience.

The villa is a short walk down a little lane to the white sand beach of Sanur. We all spent a few hours every day wandering the beach which has little cafes and restaurants at which to stop and grab some refreshment.

All meals during the day we had in the villa and they were great. The chef is wonderful. he speaks little English but the other staff were capable enough in translating our needs. One of my friends is a vegan and the food was made to suit her needs easily.

The villa is a gloriously serene place at night. All is quiet and spaces are perfectly lit to reflect the water pools and vibrant artwork. Through the openings to the outside we were lucky enough to see the stars in the night sky on two occasions. The rest of the evenings tended to be cloudy but I understand that is usual for the time of year.

There was a building site next door but it didn't disturb us much. They started late and finished at about 4pm. I understand that Edi, the manager, has arranged for the contractors to make as little noise as possible so as not to disturb the guests. no-one can control who builds on land next to tehirs and I understand the project is taking longer than Edi thought. But, hey, this is Bali and one has to go with the flow of things. Life here seems to have its own pace.

Anyway, we had a great time. I would recommend the place, Sanur and Bali to everyone.

• Liked — The staff
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Villa Casis? Share your experiences!