“Amazing time” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 87 Specialty Lodging in Sanur
Sydney
“Amazing time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

We recently got back from a 7 night stay at Villa Casis (29 Oct 11 - 5 Nov 11). Had a great time. Pool is amazing, rooms are beautifully air conditioned and very spacious. Outdoor bathrooms in all rooms except for upstairs King room. Staff were fabulous. Daily breakfast was great. Perfect location to beach, lots of restaurants a short walk away! Amazing beds - really big - bigger then a king size!
Went there with my partner, in one room, brother in another room and two best friends sharing in another room. Was beyond all imagination. Cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

I stayed here in November 2010 and had an amazing stay. The staff including the chef are fantastic and you couldn't ask for more service wise. The rooms and bathrooms are amazing, the pool and living areas well kept - I don't think that there is anything that could make villa casis better . I will def go back there and would have no hesitation in recommending!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
south san francisco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2010

Hello, I feel it is important to take the time to warn people.

This villa was very disappointing. We had NO hot water for our shower, after 30 hours of traveling from the United States. It is hard to believe that water can be cold in a hot climate, but indeed it can. It was not pleasant washing my hair in cold water.

We had no internet connection. And our air-conditioning was only working at half power, not really effective. There were stains on the furniture seat cushions. The service was terrible. Reality as we experience it, was nothing like their promotional descriptions.

When I got two people to check out the shower, I asked one who was standing around to get us some ice. The response was a disinterested " you can go down to the kitchen and get it out of the refrigerator."

First, I was told "Oh, you just need to let it run for a while, there is no problem." Then, I was informed that the hot water was indeed "broken" and could not be fixed. But we could use a shower in another room.

I was shocked that this place had any good reviews. It would have been much nicer if we had picked an ordinary hotel on the beach, where there are views of the ocean, refreshing breezes, hot water showers and more enthusiastic service.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with friends
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2010

I organised friends to stay At Villa Casis to celebrate my husbands 50th, the villa is stunning and very well staffed by extremely friendly balinese. The location is perfect, out of the rat race but a short walk to fabulous restraurants and shops. We walked the foreshore of Sanur every morning and walked to dinner every night. The Villa is well run the security is tops and, pool area stunning. Eddie will get you anything you need, we had a Baby Pig ( baby guling ) for dinner one night. I would thoroughly recommend this Villa. However it does need a good sound system. Liz Bilgola, Aust

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2010

We went there with our 3 young grandchildren, our sons and some of their friends and everyone had a great time. The staff are so very friendly and accommodating, couldn't do enough for us. Lovely breakfast. Such a wonderful ambience. Short walk to the beach. Massage centre next door and close to restaurants. We would all go back there again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

lovely holiday and very enjoy staying at the villa, All the staff who took care of the cleaning, washing & security were friendly, efficient through in their work. this is the best villa in Sanur and very close to the beach that ever found.

• Stayed July 2009
New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2009

I have never had such a miserable Christmas holiday.

The villa first of all is in horrible condition.
There are stains on the sofas from previous guests who have sat on the chairs in their wet bathing suits. The towels are rags. Half of the air-conditioning machines do not work. There are also other stains on the headboards of the beds.

The service was terrible.
According to the website, there are about 10 staff members on the premise. I probably saw 2 at most. They all hide in the back room chit chatting. If you need to get anything, you have to literally search for them for 10 minutes just to get a pool towel. They do not speak English. It was almost impossible to communicate with them. The chef was HORRIBLE. His English was so bad that I actually thought he was pretending not to know the language since I literally mimed every single thing I wanted to eat. When the food got to the table, I was very disapointed. My chicken satay was so dry. The beef was simply inedible. The sauce was pre-made in a package. The fried noodles that we ate for breakfast, lunch, and dinner were all instant noodles. I saw he even bought a box of MSG packets. Luckily I caught him before adding it to all my food. The vegetables were probably my favorite part of the meal, except we had to tell him that we could eat the stem in addition to just the flower of broccoli. The orange juice should also be called orange syrup.

I almost forgot.
There was construction for the whole duration of my stay at Villa Cassis. The visible dust particle were flying right into the swimming pool and into the living area. We hid in our rooms for much of the trip.

I had to leave early. It was sad to waste $3000, but it would have been worse to stay in a living hell.

Never go to Villa Cassis. I would have rather gone on a Disney Cruise with Mickey.

• Liked — Nothing.
  • Disliked — Everything.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Villa Casis? Share your experiences!