“The best villas we stayed in BALI” 5 of 5 stars

Frangipani Beach Boutique Hotel
Jl. Kartika 99, Singaraja, Bali 81151, Indonesia   |
Ranked #5 of 28 Singaraja B&B and Inns
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“The best villas we stayed in BALI”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2011

As titled, this is the best villas we stayed in BALI.

I found this villas through a friend in forum, he highly recommend this villas because of their decoration and good services.

The decorations and designs is awesome. The princess bedroom, big bathroom and the swimming pool!!It's makes us feel relax, enjoy and comfortable.

Thus, they provided very good services too. Their staff is friendly and I really want to praise their security guard, he is a very responsible security guard.

Their breakfast is great but a bit small in portion. Brigitte - the owner do serves us by herself.

Everything in Frangipani is soooooo nice and perfect, although this villas only have 4 rooms but I think is more than enough for you to enjoy your life in bali!

I will be back, Frangipani :)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Capbreton, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

I just came back from almost 3 weeks in Bali .
It was my first time on this island and I was expecting some kind of Paradise I found people !
I loved my staying in Frangipani this small place at the end of the road surrendered by rice field and the sea.
And from the first days I felt like at home !
Brigitte the owner, Camille her son and all the staff had really toked care of me.
I am a women of 54 and travelling alone witch is no easy and they have been really nice to me.
I loved the breakfast in the front of the swimming pool the sun in the eyes.
They make wonderfull fruit juice and really nice banana pancakes !
I liked also the fact that they trust you enough for telling you that you can help yourself in the fridge and you have nobody after your back to se if you have noted it on the desk or not.
The food I had there was fresh and homemade cooking and you can ask for more.
For myself I think it is a good report quality / price .
The only dark clouds was, because it is a small place, to have to see how Australians and Americans hare when they are far from their country !
I didn't thought that people who pay 75 € for 2 persons can be so exgigents and with so bad maners.
I am , perhaps kind of " old France " but I can say that people from Malaysia, Singapour, Belgium etc have much more manners than Americans !
I can imagine what is in they head, but instead of thinking that they deserve this or that they should have a look at the way they act.
Last words = wonderfull people in a wonderfull place .

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2011

We stayed here after two weeks spent travelling around Bali and at first were extremely impressed by the b&b itself. The rooms are lovely and the bathrooms excellent. However, it is very expensive and misses some vital elements that one would expect from this price...hairdryer in the room, a tv with channels that are not in French, a DVD player, free bottled water and tea/coffee in the room, thicker walls. I would also like to add that everything there has to be bought at over-inflated prices. We bought a juice for 1700 which was 6000 at a nearbby shop, and the food was 50000 for fried rice which can be found in local restaurants for 12000. I just think that Frangipani cannot really justify charging these exorbitant prices when the area is so quiet and there are plenty of other places to eat... I would also say that the owner was generally ok but also snapped at us for tiny issues which I thought particularly rude. She clearly wants to live in Bali and have an idyllic lifestyle on the beach, but as others have said, I am not sure that she is cut out for the hospitality trade. If they reduce prices and improve the service (no food available in the evening, small breakfasts) this place could be amazing. The Indonesian staff were excptionally friendly I might add, it was just the slightly odd mood of the new owner Brigette that marred our stay somewhat.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
new york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2011

What a shame that such a nice place should be so sorely lacking in Bali hospitality. The owner argues with her guests in front of other guests and staff. she treats her own staff in a rude and condescending manner.Such a potentially tranquil setting was spoiled by this owner who treats the villa as if it is her own home and that we are her guests who she was suffering our presence. she lectured us on what is done in other hotels and is totally misinformed and arrogant. I brought a bottle of water in from outside the villa and she flipped out insisting she was running a hotel where it is de riggeur not to provide a guest with any complimentary water but to pay for it. When I informed her that we were accustomed to being provided bottled water in the bathroom, she argued with me "not in Bali" We left the hotel 4 days earlier than planned because she was in our face the whole time. the next hotel we went to in Bali had water but more importantly an entirely different attitude, There are over 600 hotels in Bali, I can't see why anyone would chose this one.

Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Exmouth WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

Thankyou Brigette & your wonderful staff for spoiling us we had such a fantastic time. You have the most beautiful, peaceful, romantic spot in Lovina. I would definately recommend to all our friends & fellow travellers. Nine days was still too short!!!!.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Hebden Bridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

Service was fantastic from arrival; attention to detail without being intrusive. All the staff seemed to enjoy working at Frangipani and were really friendly. Brigitte was really helpful in arranging day trips at short notice when the weather wasn't so good too. Would definitely stay again if in Lovina...... Loved the frangipani/coconut oil in the bathroom and breakfasts were great too.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Angaston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

Having stayed in some really nice Villas and Resorts in both Bali and Thailand, it takes a special experience to make us rave. And this is what we got at Frangipani - a special experience. From the moment we arrived, we were taken by the setting and character of this boutique oasis. The staff could not possibly have been more helpful, friendly, courteous and happy. The rooms are superb, the pool wonderful and clean, and the meals ( free breakfast ) were fresh, plentiful and delicious. If we wanted for anything at all, our needs were met with enthusiasm and warmth. It's actually difficult to specify great features, because pretty well everything was great. We thoroughly, thoroughly recommend Frangipani without reservation.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Frangipani Beach Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!