“Great location and gardens/pool” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Angsoka
Lovina Beach Kalibukbuk, Singaraja, Bali, Indonesia   |
Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Singaraja
Subagan, Indonesia
“Great location and gardens/pool”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

Left there this morning and stayed two nights.Slept in the old rooms far away from the pool.
Rooms were ok,you can tell there are some issues with the cleaning aspect but the grounds and location made up for this.
The restaurant was ok,the prices fair enough and the food was adequate.
The rooms near to the pool were newer and nicer and there were many foreigners staying,even though the rain was persistent and the weather cool.
Beyond the second set of bungalows is yet another newer set and they are the most at 250,000RPH.
We paid 150,000 RPH and the second tier by the pool were 200,000 RPH.
We stayed at Pulestis Hotel for three nights which is the next set of bungalows up the road from the ocean and dolphin statue. Their wifi is superior but the mosquitoes healthier.
Angsoka has a pretty good following and plenty of staff keeping the grounds and buildings tended to.
The location is great,the rate not bad and the place is good enough for Indonesian standards,if one has spent any time in the country,you will know what I mean.
I would rate it a six out of ten for cleanliness,seven for location and character.
Lots worse in this country and at least there is some level of management happening.

Room Tip: Newer to the pool gives you newer rooms.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

I only stopped over in Lovina en route to Pemuteran, which I couldn't get to in one day because of the locals who insisted on trying to rip me off when I tried to get the local bus (price should be 20,000Rp - I was quoted 120,000Rp).

I had looked up the Angsoka online before arriving, as it was really the only option in my price range with a pool. On first inspection my basic fan room (for 125,000Rp) looked OK, but after I had checked in and wanted to have a shower I realised just how dirty it was. The bathroom had certainly not been cleaned in recent memory (there was still hair in the drain and the basin was grubby) and the floor of the room was dirty. In fact, I'm not sure the bathroom had ever been cleaned. The twin beds had seen better days as well and I didn't feel comfortable sleeping on the mattress or pillow without first covering it with sarongs and my sleep sheet. The sheets were stained and had holes in them (?!!) and the mattress sagged. I didn't even bother with the pool, which is really saying something, because I couldn't wait to get out of Lovina and back to civilisation. There was a restaurant at the hotel but it has also seen better days & is apparently "under renovation". Doesn't sound like I'm missing anything though if other reviews are anything to go by!

I had read positive things about Lovina before coming here but have to say I have NEVER BEEN HASSLED MORE in Bali. I was harassed by a tout within minutes of arrival (while still at the Perama cottage stop), who was threatening and rude when I realised that he was not Perama staff trying to help me get a bemo to Pemuteran. And it went downhill from there. No thanks Lovina, I won't be back. Far better value in other places.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

Went for a weekend to Lovina and saw this hotel as one of the cheapest options in the LP. Stayed for 3 nights only paying Rp125.000 a night. The rooms are basic, quit clean and oké, but the beautiful garden and very nice pool are excellent. Would definitively recommend this hotel to all travellers.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2010

Stayed four nights here. The room we stayed in was clean and well furnished with an indoor bathroom and outdoor shower. The pool was pleasant and all the staff very helpful. Compared to the prices of some other hotels this was good value and well located. We normally stay in Celuk Agung in Anturran which is a bemo ride away. We would agree with the previous reviewer regarding the brakfast they are truly horrendous with an extra charge for milk. The pillows were also thin and lumpy.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

A very, very average hotel. We were originally booked into Sea breeze Bungalows, but it was just too small for us (2 adults and 2 children) and the bungalow sat on a sort of stagnant pond, so we were concerned about the amount of mosquitoes, so we looked elsewhere. We looked at Puri Bali Hotel and Lovina Beach Hotel (both horrible!) and finally decided on here – as it was raining and our children were tired and hungry and was cheaper than the previous horrible 2. On the plus side the staff were friendly and the room was clean – but that’s about it for good things. The hotel is VERY shabby and run down, the breakfast is the worst breakfast we have EVER had. If we had to do it again, I think we’d squeeze into Sea Breeze as with hindsight that seemed the better option, but to be honest we never want to come to Lovina again. Apart from seeing the dolphins (which were beautiful!) Lovina seems to lack all the Bali charm that the rest of the island has – you get hassled on the beach every few seconds to buy something, people don’t seem as friendly as elsewhere and the restaurants that we ate in were average and over-priced compared to elsewhere in Bali.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Angsoka? Share your experiences!