“Great vacation, made even better by great people” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Bali

You added Club Med Bali to your Saves list
Club Med Bali
5.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   P.T. Holiday Villages, Lot 6, Nusa Dua, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #19 of 46 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Great vacation, made even better by great people”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Having been to many club meds over the years, I was pleasantly surprised to find that Club Med Bali has retained that "Club Med spirit". The GOs were very friendly and I must say that JB is one of the most visible CDVs that I have come across. Kudos to JB and his team.

The rooms are a bit dated, but thanks to "Sugar" and his team, my room was always clean and welcoming despite the décor. I ate most of my meals at Batur and a great big thank you goes to Pascaline, Ravin and Sam. A return trip is definitely on the cards !!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (377)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Where do I start. Everything from the warm reception on arrival all the way to our teary departure. We all loved it! The kids clubs were fantastic! The food was unbelievable! This place really knows how to keep an entire family happy. The atmosphere says it all. There is always something happening. I loved the body and soul program and was impressed with the variety of food on offer. my kids were able to eat a balanced healthy meal each day, with five star sweets in between. The cocktails were wonderful. Plenty of dancing, sunshine and happiness had by all.
we will definitely plan our next trip soon.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Hi JB,

First of all a Big “Thank You” for the great service that you and your staff has given us during our stay at the Bali Club Med recently (11, 12 and 13 Feb 2014).

My apologies for my late Feedback. I was really too busy.

On arrival, your staff welcomed us with a warm and friendly greeting. The refreshening cold drinks and towels was a great start.

Walking around the resort, we had the best seaside scenery never had I experienced. The atmosphere and resort setting was so relaxing.

Come dinner time, the Buffet dishes was excellent; a huge variety of dishes with a good mixed of Western and Asian food. The quality, quantity and choice of food is a big plus. And the same goes for the breakfast.

Your ever attentive and friendly staff at the venue made us feel so important. Good job everyone!

Tried queueing up early in the morning for the A La Carte dinner. Sadly, when I reached the counter, the booking was full. A big disappointment.

But then, we would not have enjoyed our A La Carte for the next 2 evenings if not from your help. Thanks JB. Thanks for that “Special” dish too. This was the most talked about and highlight of our trip! You made us feel so pampered.

The introduction of the “Chef” at our table was unique. It gave us a very good impression and building up good relationship with your staff. Well done!

When you came to our table introducing yourself, JB, you apologised for not having seen us arriving and welcoming us, I was dumbstruck. Never have I came across a Manager that give such a marvellous service; approaching every table to see if everything is alright not to mention getting to know each and every guest. JB I really really appreciate your good service.

The Nightly Entertainment; “The Circus”, “Wizard Of The Oz” and “Kids Mini Performance”, was superbly entertaining for everyone of my family. Thumbs up for a very good effort from you and your staff.

The Adult Entertainment; “The Dance”,”The Casino” and of course the one that I like most is “Dancing With the songs of the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s”.
Your staff wearing those outfits mimicking the original artistes was very very entertaining. I enjoyed it so much like I never want them to stop. Sadly it was the last evening of our vacation.

Activities that my family and I enjoyed; Golf, Mini Golf, Archery, The “Quiet Pool”, Snorkeling last but not least, Wind Surfing. Thanks JB for the Wind Surfing booking. May I also say that Geoff has done a very good job giving us an half hour briefing on “How to - Wind Surf”. We enjoyed his jokes which at the same time make us more attentive to what he say. Thank You Geoff!

Unfortunately, as all holidays do, there are always too short. It won’t be the last but will be back for more. JB you got my respect and a big salute to you!
You and your well trained staff never get out of “puff”. They make sure everyone had a very memorable and enjoyable stay at your resort. My family and I had them all.

JB, you have set a very high standard of excellent service in your industry that I have never experience before. You have done it well. I cannot believe that you are a great MC(Host) yourself. I can see that you are making your little daughter to be one too.

JB, you have given us a good impression of Club Med. We will be trying out other Club Med destinations because of you. I would suggest to everyone looking for a vacation, especially Bali Club Med.

Finally, JB, I admire you for having so much energy to put them on daily. You are such a great asset to your company.

PS: My 2 cents worth of advice, do not work like a “Made In Belgium” machine. Have some time off with your family. Life is short! :)

From Kin (Membership No.16371200)

Room Tip: Room numbering 400 onward are quiet. Good excuse to have a walk after a meal as they are furtest fro...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Mandurah, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

We (2 adults and 2 children aged 10 and 5) were at Club Med Bali from 7/3/14 to 14/3/14. Our very first time in Club Med resort.

We came here as strangers but we went home as though we have left our family behind, a.k.a. "Club Med Family".

We were greeted by a very friendly GO, Dana upon our arrival, and felt so refreshed after being pampered with nice fragrant cool towels and ice-lemon tea at the lobby.

Club Med Bali resort is very well maintained, immaculate and green. The gardens are manicured and it’s nice to see some wild life too. Our children loved the daily routine of feeding the water monitor lizards. And they were so amused by the friendly squirrels too that never failed to “greet” us whenever we walked through the Coconut Grove. We were so glad that there’s no issues at all with mozzies and flies as “fogging” is carried out 3 times a week.

We were very happy with our rooms. It’s 2 adjoining rooms with balcony and seaview. The rooms are spacious and very cosy albeit a little dated. It’s not an issue for us as we spent most of our time outdoor. We were extremely happy with the shower as the water pressure was fantastic, and it’s nice to be able to enjoy a good shower. On day two, we found out that unusual stale air was coming out from the air-con vent and we just mentioned it to a lovely GO (Zachary) we happened to talk to during lunch time before we lodged an official complaint at the reception. To our surprise, the room smells so good when we went back to pick up something after lunch. The air smells like morning dew. Thanks to Zachary for the prompt response!!!

As our kids were shy and didn't join the Mini Club, they were constantly pampered and made to feel at home by two very special GOs……Zachary and Dogan. We can say these two "angels" (I think they are...) would just appear from thin air whenever we need some company and help -- be it at the dinning area or around the resort. Despite of the number of people they were serving, they’d never fail to serve us…..fetching little things like fork, spoon and even a cup of drink. We also appreciate their time in sitting down with us sharing interesting life experiences...that adds lots of excitement to our stay.

And yes, deep appreciation to Ravin too (I would like to call him Master Chef) -- for baking me a beautiful cake on my birthday on the 11/3/14. It was a surprise indeed -- with the house (GOs and fellow Club Med members) clapping and celebrating my joyous day!! We were very priviledged to be able to sample Ravin’s mouth-watering ratatouille and grilled premium sirloin steak on our last night there. Thanks to special arrangement made by Chef Ravin and Zachary. We were told about the menu in advance and were invited to Batur restaurant since this is where ala-carte meal was served. However, we had to dine in Agung (buffet restaurant) instead of Batur restaurant on that night due to personal reason and ready to forego this special treat. I guess nothing is too difficult to GOs in Club Med……..we couldn’t go to Batur for the meal, Zachary and Ravin brought the meal to us at Agung! Very touched, grateful and impressed indeed ! We must say the steak was so succulent and juicy, the mushroom sauce was heavenly and we asked for extra serving of ratatouille. Good job Ravin ! Eating in Club Med Bali was gastronomic delight; there were good varieties of food everyday to satisfy the hungry crowd. Our kids got excited whenever it came to meal time.

Last but not least, how can we forget JB, the Chief de Village ! He must be the chief angel -- it seems he never sleeps -- he is everywhere with his cheery face. Thanks for spending a few minutes to play table tennis with our boy ! He felt so honored to play with a VIP. Don't you ever rest at all, JB??!!! It’s a pleasant sight to see his young children running around in the resort and also imitating their daddy and mommy on the stage. The presence of JB and his family makes the resort even more family-oriented; it makes you feel at home and relax.

All the GOs are so talented, creative and full of life !!! We thoroughly enjoyed the special show put together by them. We were there 7 nights and there’s a different theme each night. Every show is so entertaining and of high standard….especially the circus. Clayton and Pierre were simply amazing with their performance.

It would be very unfair too, if I didn't mention all the kind, courteous and smiley staffs we met on our stay -- from the photographers, gardeners to the cleaners etc, etc. -- ALL of YOU, have made our one week's stay here immeasurably wonderful and magical!! THANKS, THANKS AND THANKS again!!!!!

Jeremiah & Nicholle
Western Australia

Room Tip: Rooms close to the beach are also close to the bar. Hence it's quite noisy at night til about 11...
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Tony and I have just returned to Perth, having spent 8 days at Club Med, Bali. We are both in our late 70's!!! We had everything at the resort, good food, beautiful cocktails, great staff, all with a big smile. We enjoyed the entertainment every night. J.B, you are such an inspiration with your dynamic personality!! You run a tight ship. I could not fault any of the staff, even the 'gardeners' picking up the leaves, who always gave me a big smile on my walk at 7 am. We did not have to leave the resort, as we had everything at hand!!! Tony slipped when getting out of the shower, but that did not put a damper on our holiday. JB thank you for giving us a room nearer the dining area/reception, after Tony fell getting out of the shower. Your kindness was very much appreciated. We will definitely visit Club Med,Bali, next year.

Room Tip: Rooms are only to keep your luggage and to sleep at night!!! The sheets and towels are changed dail...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

For our family this is the first time to Club Med Bali.
We had a very nice time in there.
Every GO's are friendly and kind.
My child walks with a steick.
Everytime we went to restaurant, greeting GO choose us a near table from the Buffe stand.
And then we went to snorkel, GO Dian took my child on his back from beatch to ship.
My child is not a kid,who's weight is around 40kg!
I've never requested those things.
I have no word to say thank you in English.I just say TOTTEMO ARIGATO!

Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

This was our 3rd trip to Bali but first at Club Med. We spent 14 nights there and loved everything about it. The all inclusive food, drinks and non stop entertainment was faultless.

We got to know Chief of the village JB, Pierre and the magnificent team of GO's and restaurant staff so well that they felt like family. They knew us all by name.. Impressive!!

The kids club was great fun, trapeze circus school an absolute highlight, thanks to Molly, BenJ, Jack and the rest of the team for making it so memorable. Also to Clayton, Sandy, Son and all the of the kids club GO's who always made the day exciting.

The themed shows at the theatre every night were so clever and entertaining. The kids couldn't wait to go whilst we could sip a cocktail at the outdoor bar then join them for more dancing and singing... True party atmosphere for young and old. Thank you Dora, Rosie and Nyoman and the rest of the bar team, for the great service..

The ambience and the food at the restaurants were fantastic. Well done to Ravin and Sam (executive & head chefs) for the enormous variety and great quality food. Special mention must go to Dogan the restaurant host for his excellent service and hospitality.. True gentleman.

The resort is well set up and accessible. Pool was nice with comfortable sun lounges and drink service. The beach was also nice for a change, with bar service which felt luxurious.

Club Med was a perfect holiday for my family of 5 and it ticked all the boxes. Cannot wait to return!!!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Club Med Bali? Share your experiences!