“Overall good but punctuated by dissappointment” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Club Med Bali

Save Saved
You added Club Med Bali to your Saves list
Club Med Bali
4.0 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   P.T. Holiday Villages, Lot 6, Nusa Dua, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
All-Inclusive Packages
Ranked #14 of 44 hotels in Nusa Dua
Hamilton, Waikato, New Zealand
“Overall good but punctuated by dissappointment”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Firstly don't get me wrong our stay at club med Bali was fantastic but make sure you nail your gear down, day 2 @ 2am (I'm a night owl) left jandles and phone in bag to go for a swim, no-one else round, get out they are gone, night 4 leave jacket on lounger go to find it about 1am, find cleaner holding it testing it on for size he drops it and scurries away on seeing me, day 5, 2 pairs of kids shoes and inflatable croc taken from beside pool area about the same time as squabs removed from loungers day 6 bag taken during yoga session with $200 USD in it and a few clothes. Either we were there whilst there were some maggots around or we were targeted, each time we went to ask at reception if they were handed in they smiled smugly and said no, there was no attempt to ask what the items were or any description, just a flat no. Belatedly I was given a form to fill in to express my issues then was not told what would happen or what follow up there would be just smiled at and told thank you goodbye. Very unsatisfactory indeed.

On a better note, my word the GO's do a fantastic job, they made our holiday for us, attentive caring and brilliantly active, So much energy and so much fun, it would be great if some of the gear was available outside of set times we would have liked to have been able to have access to a basketball or snorkeling gear even at a small cost so that we didn't feel so constrained by other less competent people in the groups we went out with, we would happily have signed a waiver or disclaimer as such. The main problem was that the trips did not coincide with turns of the tide meaning the waves were coming over the reef making the currents quite dangerous, we ended up buying gear and swimming out to the snorkeling spot for a much better diving experience, great water clarity and much more pleasant currents. The gear that was there was great though and the training courses looked brilliant.

The Bar and service staff were totally fantastic as was the food and beverage

Overall if not for the gear going missing and none of the desk staff really caring this was a 5 star experience for all 16 of us. As promised I will get another rugby ball on the way back for Chelsea who kindly let us use the one she had Thanks :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

1,819 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We (2 adults and 1 child age 5 yrs) just returned from our stay @ Club Med Bali and my daughter absolutely loved Club Med -- with the varied activities and excellent Kids Club!

First i start with the average : rooms and maintenance. The rooms are basic but sufficient - considering we don't spend that much time in the room anyway! Ours was a ground floor unit with an outside patio facing the garden in Block 5. The garden was well maintained and views were lovely. This block is one of the furthest (if not the furthest) from the main reception and pool area but is near to the sports centre and C'komo (kids) club. While the room was spacious, clean and comfortable, age is definitely showing in the room especially in the bath area. So manage one's expectations and it should be alright :) But it was a nice touch that there's complimentary cup noodles and drinks in the room.

Other than these 2 areas, the rest of stay -- food, GO team, activities, entertainment were excellent!!

There was so much to do on the resort -- we stayed for 5 days and it's definitely not enough. So my suggestion is to plan ahead -- review the schedule of activities ahead and think about what you want to do .... so that you have enough time for all that interests you :)

The C'Komo (Kids) Club -- was such a fun place -- that my daughter who was initially resistant to it (cos she wants to spend all her time in the pool and on the beach) was raving about it after spending some time there.

Do bring anti-mosquito repellent though, especially for kids.

So despite the resort showing its age, i have given it an excellent rating as i feel it is indeed a very family friendly resort and that is what i was looking for. it had everything for everyone and i didn't have to worry about safety or where to go next for our meals and so forth. Hassle free holiday suits me and that's why i would choose Club Med again for my family.

Great job JB and team!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from 12 brilliant nights at Club Med with our 3 daughters aged 4, 9 and 12 years. We loved the GO's and were amazed at how many of them watched out for the kids. Special mentions to:
Chelsea - our beautiful Aussie friend who never takes her eyes of everyone in the pool when she is lifeguard. And made our trip very enjoyable.
Adi - for watching over the kids and looking after them at the bar.
Aki, Molly and Travis - the wonderful Circus team who kept our daughter Jordyn company for 2 weeks.
Harmoni, Yuka and Rosi who looked after us poolside with drinks.
Of course we could go on forever about the commitment of the hardworking GO's. Enjoyed chatting to Rob and Shira too.
Food was great and we loved the crepes the best!
Next time we would probably stay a bit further away from the late night partying. It was super handy being so close to everything, but it did get pretty loud at night!
We'll be back!!!

• Stayed August 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

firstly, I really thank all the GOs in Club med Bali. Thanks to them, we had a very good time there.

This was the second stay at this hotel(the former one is March 2013). Many GOs remembered us and it was very nice to see them again.
Especially, Nushrath, Ibra and Akey three nice maldivian guys were awesome. They were very busy and hardworking everyday, but they were trying make us happy in their free time and dinner time. Every second we talk with them, we were always laughing a lot. very nice memory.I wanna see the JB team including maldivian guys again sometime.I was happy to see them again there.
Of course, Japanese GOs were good. Ryoko at the reception Yuka at the bar and Aki at the circus were so nice to spend time together.They are all kind to us and talked a lot with much fun.

I wanna write more names of GOs, but it never ends up. Anyway, this was very nice stay.
I wanna come back soon!!

• Stayed July 2013
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Dropped into Club Med with a girl friend to see another side of Bali. Can't believe how much energy the GO's have. Our time would not have been as enjoyable or memorable without the hospitality of Sam Sales and the other GO's. They are always there to help, advise, have a laugh and make a party fun. The fitness classes with Sam are a must in the mornings, then you done feel so bad about eating and drinking all nite. The shows at nite are fun and all the GO's put their heart and souls into them. Sam your a fantastic belly dancer! Resort is beautiful with lots of places to rest and relax in and out of the sun. Rooms are average- not 5 star but there is so much on all day you only need them for sleeping.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

So disappointed with the 1980's accommodation, it was adequate, smelt mouldy and the shower head sprayed everywhere but on me. The towels were old and my room was a long walk to anywhere. That said the food was good with an ample selection, my only gripe here would be the small selection of fruit.
The GO's made my stay, with a special mention to the effervescent Sam Sales who had me doing yoga and even more surprisingly got me into her gym (after way too many years) we were lucky enough to delight in her company over dinner. This wonderful GO and the equally friendly Chelsea made it a holiday worth having. Unfortunately with so many other modern,elegant hotels close by I wouldn't bother with this outdated Club Med again.

• Stayed June 2013
ClubMedAP, General Manager at Club Med Bali, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Jane_Parker_2,
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay in Bali.

I am glad you enjoyed the G.Os which are an integral part of Club Med and indeed, they have a lot of energy to run the various activities all day and entertain guests during the shows at night. Regarding your comments in the title of this review, I am unclear where you believe this Resort was featured as 5 star but in all our communication, website and brochure, Bali is referred to as 4 Star Resort. I can assure you that we put great efforts to offer our guests the best experience possible and I am sorry we didn’t at this time regarding your room.

I am very glad to read that Club Med’s unique all inclusive concept and efforts especially on the cuisine we offer was a highlight for you. Hopefully, you were also able to enjoy our 2nd Restaurant which offers an a la carte service and part of the inclusions we offer?

I will take your feedback and review with our Housekeeping Manager for action.

I am looking forward to welcome you again in Club Med Bali or elsewhere in the near future.

Kind Regards,
Chef de Village / General Manager – Club Med Bali
Guam, Mariana Islands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Our family of four (2 adults, 3 y.o. son and 5 y.o. daughter) stayed at Club Med Nusa Dua in July for 5 nights. We paid for a room in the 2000 block that was a suite attached to a kids' room. The accommodation was luxurious and kept spotlessly clean. I appreciated the illy capsules for the espresso machine and the huge bath tub that the kids loved.
Club Med wouldn't let me bump my son up into the older kids' club "C'Komo Club" so he was stuck in Petit Club (he's 3, but hangs with his sis). He had fun nevertheless and actually probably needed the afternoon sleep time, but I think he would have thrived in the older kids' club. Petit Club had more caring staff (perhaps a numbers thing? C'Komo was packed). When I dropped my daughter to C'Komo on the first day, I expected the GOs to welcome her and hang around her until she settled in - but found that I had to introduce my daughter to other kids in the class. On the other hand, the Petit Club GOs were very welcoming, enveloping my son in their arms and drawing/building blocks with him. Very different.
I kept myself busy at the bar (Bali Sling cocktail was great), checking my email at the internet kiosk (slow and some computers had not been updated to play video files etc), and going to the gym. The gym classes were ok, a bit easy and short for my liking, but if you combined a couple classes, you really felt you'd had a workout. Usually only 4-8 participants (!).
The food was like an upscale buffet....with duck and lamb, soups, pre-plated salads of all kinds, freshly squeezed vege and fruit juices, international foods and plenty to satisfy the kids, including homemade pizza, scrambled eggs, ham, fries, fish fingers, spaghetti, milo, etc.
There were a few surprises at Club Med that I didn't like...the pool was very small with no waterslide (does not even compare to, say, Pacific Islands Club Guam or Pacific Islands Club Saipan). I don't understand the designers on this one - there was so much land to put a larger pool!
I also didn't like the late-night partying noise - though this could have been resolved by staying in the 3000 block or further.
The poolside bathroom was just out of control tiny and even though it was cleaned all the time, was constantly busy and also doubled as the bathroom for the buffet restaurant above (because, oddly, there is no bathroom in the restaurant, which means you must traipse downstairs with kids in tow every time they need to pee). My recommendation: use the bathroom/changing room (you could even change a baby here) down the stairs beside the pool towel desk. Supposed to be for those who are checked out/waiting for airport transfer.
I didn't like the late dinner start (7pm). My daughter literally fell asleep on the table twice. We did not make use of the during-dinner or after-dinner kids' club service - not much point when your kids are fed and asleep on the table by 7:15pm. Needless to say we missed the shows because we were all early to bed.
We'll definitely be back though - overall the place was great - but we would stay in a cheaper room, further from the action, and we would stay at least 6 full days not including travel days. Next time we might try Club Med Malaysia.

Room Tip: If you don't like party noise, I found the 2000 block too close to the action - I would choose 3...