There is a lot of information on the internet regarding the many hotels and villas in Bali.
It can be confusing and rather overwhelming if this is your first visit to Bali. I have stayed in Sanur and Kuta before (with my husband). Initially we were deciding between Seminyak and Ubud villas. After consulting with the tour agent in Singapore, we decided on a more family-oriented hotel , Novetel Nusa Dua(which is a mix of both hotel and villas). We stayed in the 2-bedroom hotel suite with a private pool. It is spacious and clean and has a nice Balinese ambience with some modern decor. The whole place is well thought of. The great thing about the hotel is that there is a private beach (which my daughters (age 14, 17 and 9 years old) enjoyed. Although the beach is not near to the hotel, you can plan according to the timing of the shuttle service. The food is nice and the staff are very very friendly. The spa is relaxing and for family with young children, they have many activities planned out. The concept is a little like Club Med but not that full-scale. They have activities for adults like power-walking, yoga etc. There is Bali Collections (a range of retail shops, SOGO, restaurants) near to the hotel. There is a shuttle that picks you up every one hour)
We did water sports in Tanjong benoa (a must if you love water sports like jet ski, fish flying, parasailing, snorkeling) and also the turtle island is worth the visit too. We also go the Kalimantan for the volcano and hot spring. On the way back we visited Ubud and Batubatan for some paintings and stone carvings. Shopping in Kuta (in fact most shops in Bali) can be quite stressful as you need to bargain. We used to love this but after a while it gets tiresome.
Watch the sun set in Jimbaran Bay is a must too.
The next time if we visit Bali, we would like to go to the Safari Park, Water Bom in Kuta (new with all the water slides and they look really exciting)
If you are staying more than 5 nights in Bali, we would recommend that at least 2-3 nights in Nusa Dua and if you are traveling up to Ubud/Kalimantan, It would be wise to stay in Ubud for 2 days. Novetel is definitely a great hotel to choose and the security is great. Before entering the whole stretch of hotels, there is a check point for security check. When you reach the hotel, there is another check. You feel that is quite safe. We even took a morning jog around the area. The place is really clean.
I would say the overall experience in the hotel and the surrounding compound is great.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Bali Nusa Dua Hotel And Residences
- Novotel Nusa Dua
- Accor Nusa Dua
- Novotel Nusa Dua Bali
- Nusa Dua Novotel
- Novotel Bali Nusa Dua Hotel & Residences
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Novotel Bali Nusa Dua Hotel & Residences is located in the heart of tranquil Bali Tourism Development Complex, Nusa Dua. Close to Bali International Convention Center, Bali Nusa Dua Convention Center, and Bali Collection. Only 45 minutes away from the famous Uluwatu Temple, and 30 minutes from New Kuta Golf Bali. It features 175 beautifully appointed rooms and suites, many with garden views. The hotel offers five stars resort facilities including private beach club, pool lagoon, spa, sauna, massage, fitness center, kids club, meeting and conference rooms.Spacious rooms, some are fully equipped with living room, dining, and kitchen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, ACCOR, Booking.com, Otel, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Novotel Bali Nusa Dua Hotel & Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.