“Swiss Belhotel Villas” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Swiss-Belhotel Bay View

Save Saved
You added Swiss-Belhotel Bay View to your Saves list
Swiss-Belhotel Bay View
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Kebo Iwa | Taman Mumbul, Nusa Dua, Bali 80362, Indonesia   |
Ranked #32 of 43 hotels in Nusa Dua
perth
“Swiss Belhotel Villas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

For the last two years we have stayed at one of the hotel's Villas for three weeks each time. The villas are totally self contained and private, and have two living areas, one with cooking facilities, and a private swimming pool. There is no sound of traffic, as the villas are set high on Nusa Dua Hill. This means no beach of course, but a ten minute taxi ride takes you to all of the mega hotels on Nusa Dua. The staff are very friendly and efficient, and the main hotel itself is only two minutes walk from the villas, and has a wonderful rooftop restaurant with beautiful views.The food is good and well priced, and room service to the villas is a bonus. I have compared prices of villas in Bali, and these are by far and away the best value. We go back next year ! Robin and Wendy Tomlinson. Perth. Western Australia.

Room Tip: I know nothing about the hotel rooms, but the Villas are outstanding !
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
General Manager _, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Bay View, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your review of our property.
It is always a pleasure to read when our guests have enjoyed their stay, especially when we hear they will return.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Bali.

245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for 4 nights, and it exceeded our expectations! We were upgraded to a suite upon arrival, and the room was lovely. It was very clean, and had a fully equipped kitchen, modern bathroom, comfortable beds, and a nice living room area. The staff went above and beyond to make you feel welcome. The breakfast was good, something for everyone, would definitely recommend the omelettes!

We didn't walk anywhere at night, and it's. little out of the way, so I'm not sure how far it would be to walk to nusa dua, but the walk would be quite a dark one, so you would probably need to get a taxi. The hotel offers free shuttle buses to Kuta and Nusa Dua shops, but they stop at 6pm.

The infinity pool was lovely, with excellent views over Bali.

If you want to go somewhere for some relaxation, then this place won't disappoint. We had a driver to take us sightseeing in the days, and he was excellent and very reasonably priced! Please let me know if you want his contact details, he really added to our trip, acting as a guide as well as a driver. Would definitely recommend this hotel and Bali overall, great place and people!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
General Manager _, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Bay View, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear reviewer,
Thank you for the recent review.
I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and that we exceeded your expectations.
you are correct that it would be a bit too far to walk to Nusa Dua shopping area but there is the free hotel shuttle and public taxis available.
We hope you will stay with us again in the future.
general Manager
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The infinity pool was lovely, with excellent views over Bali.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
General Manager _, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Bay View, responded to this review, October 19, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
My apologies as I have just noticed we had not posted a response to your post.
I was pleased to read you enjoyed your room and in reply, yes, it would be a bit of a walk to Nusa Dua but only a few minutes by taxi.
We do have a regular shuttle which takes our guests to the Nusa Dua area.
We hope that you will consider us again on your next trip to Bali.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

We returned today from a 7 day stay in a 2 bedroom apartment. From arrival to departure we found all of the staff, from concierge, drivers and wait staff to be extremely polite and helpful. As mentioned in other reviews the hotel is not on the beach however we were able to catch the free shuttle to Nusa Dua and Kuta and we prefer a quiet location. We dined in the Sky Terrace Restaurant most nights and the food was reasonably priced and of a good quality. The included breakfast has lots of choice and variety. The kids loved all of the pools and the free wifi in the lobby is great. Overall a great stay in a great hotel.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear reviewer,
I read with great pleasure your comments in regards to your recent stay with us here.
I was also pleased to read that our employees were polite and helpful and that you enjoyed the pools and free wifi.
We hope we can welcome you back to our hotel again in the future.
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We travelled to Bali as a family to celebrate my mother's 60th birthday. As a family, it made sense for us to book one of the 2 bedroom private pool villas so we'd all be comfortable and it turned out to be the perfect choice. Our 2-bedroom villa was a private residence, so it became our home away from home for the duration of our stay.

We were pleasantly surprised to find that the way it was set up was that there were three buildings and a pool in total that made up the villa. In the middle, there was an airy room which comprised the combined kitchen and dining room (seating for 4) with a small sitting area just next to the pool where our family spent many hours just lounging around. The other buildings on either side of the pool are two identical set ups of bedroom + walk through closet area + bathroom and toilet. This also leads through to private outdoor showers. This worked really well for us, as unlike the other 2 bedroom villas in Bali that we researched, it gave us privacy when we needed it but also offered enough space for us to be together as a family comfortably. There was also a little pergola at the other end of the pool with a thin mattress and pillows where you could easily have a nice afternoon nap out of the sun.

The hotel arranged airport transfers for us for pretty reasonable rates. As stated in other reviews, the location is not on the beach. We actually preferred this as we wanted to spend some quality family time catching up with each other, but still be within a short drive to the shops and restaurants. Just not in the middle of touristville, which is what most of Nusa Dua's beach stretch pretty much came across as.

I sent many emails back and forth with the hotel to coordinate a private family dinner in our villa on the evening of my mum's 60th birthday. During all my email exchanges, I found the staff to be very accommodating, good natured about arranging the finer details and very professional so that everything was in order by the time we arrived. On the day of our dinner, the food and beverage manager himself came to finalise the details and to confirm the menu. I passed him the 60 candles I had brought with me for my mother's cake and he passed this along to the wait staff who took care of us that evening. The two wait staff were very friendly and looked after us very well throughout dinner but yet managed to be discreet, leaving us plenty of time to talk in private while we ate the delicious dinner prepared by the chef. We requested an extra spicy meal and boy did we get it! The servings were generous and we couldn't possibly eat another bite at the end of it. My mother declared it her "best birthday yet"!

The rest of our stay was just what we needed to escape our busy everyday lives. The manager was happy to exchange one breakfast voucher we had for the day we arrived instead of the day we left, as we arrived very early at the start of our stay and had a very early flight out on the day we left which meant that we wouldn't have been able to use it then anyway. There was a reasonable selection for breakfast everyday which included fresh fruit, a selection of juices, breads, fried rice or noodles, congees or rice porridges, one or two local dishes (like fried bananas or pisang rai) and one seafood and one vegetarian dish respectively - plenty to start you off on the right track every morning. The menu changed slightly everyday to offer a variety. My favourite was the two chefs on standby to make you your own pancakes and omelettes or eggs just the way you want it and delivered to your table so you can just sit back, relax and wake up. Talk about being spoiled! :) The view from the breakfast terrace was wonderful and on the one night we chose to have dinner there, it was lovely also with all the twinkling lights.

We found all the staff genuinely nice and everyone seemed to go out of their way to help to sort things out for us, including drivers on the days we wanted to go out to have a look around, wi-fi access codes were delivered to our villa after we picked up the phone and housekeeping did a fantastic job keeping our villas spick and span twice a day. The breakfast staff also remembered our daughter and greeted her by name every morning. Balinese people love children and on some mornings when they weren't too busy, they played with her and carried her around, careful to remain within sight of us so that we could enjoy our breakfast while she was entertained.

We also loved the attention to detail which made the difference between a good stay and a great stay. We drank copious amounts of the complimentary water found in the kitchen, which the staff refilled during the housekeeping times everyday and by the end of the week, the number of bottles just doubled without us even having to ask.

The king-sized beds in our rooms were very comfortable. Our pool was very clean and we enjoyed having a swim whenever we wanted in the privacy of our own villa. The hotel itself is not new, however it was well maintained and very clean.

I tried a hair treatment at the spa which I would rate as good, only the final blow dry wasn't great. However my other family members tried massages and enjoyed it, so perhaps this depends on the masseuse or therapist you get on the day. There was a pretty good selection price wise, so you are bound to find something to suit your budget and also a selection of treatments and massages for men.

I found the price very reasonable also compared to other 2-bedroom options around Nusa Dua. I would highly recommend a villa stay here to anyone looking for somewhere private and relaxing, especially if you have a special event to celebrate.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
General Manager _, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Bay View, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Dear reviewer,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property.
It is indeed a great pleasure to read about your satisfaction and I have taken the liberty to talk to them employees pointed out.
I am also very pleased to read that you Mum enjoyed her birthday and that the rest of your stay was relaxing.
We hope we can see you again in the future.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed with a friend of mine as part of a deal with Flight Centre from Australia - for the price I wasn't expecting too much. As it turned out - how wrong can you be! This was a lovely hotel.

The staff were super friendly, and on arrival as it was quiet and the hotel was only half full we were upgraded from a twin room to a suite - with a lounge and kitchen. Lovely!

The infinity pool on the roof is lovely with a view across to other parts of Bali. Breakfast and dinner can be served on the roof terrace which is fabulous to sit outside with the warm breeze and gentle music playing.

The room was clean and pleasantly furnished and was cleaned very well every day. The downstairs pool was very good too. The hotel were happy to help with confirming our transfers and telling us when our driver we booked had arrived - contact me about this if you need, with Wayan at balimehasatours.com. Free wifi in the lobby and a pool bar with the downstairs (wifi reaching out to poolside as well) was great.

Food was good, not a huge choice but not massively overpriced as lots of hotels are and was a good range - Indonesian and also some more western dishes like burgers, club sandwiches etc - but done very well. Great choice of drinks as well.

We were very pleasantly surprised - and though it was not on the beach nor had the full luxury of the more expensive hotels it was a fabulous stay and we were relaxed, comfortable and the staff couldn't have been friendlier. Recommended for families too. There are villas to rent, we stayed in the main hotel. There is a spa on site though we did not get round to using it as we were there for a short time and out visiting. It looked good though!

Dear reviewer,
It was a great pleasure reading your review of our hotel.
I am very pleased to see that we exceeded your expectations.
thank you for taking the time to write the review and we hope to see you again in the future.
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I came to the hotel with mix feeling after reading some reviews on this website.
However, since the price for 1 bedroom apartment is very reasonable, I would like to try this hotel.

The room itself is spacious, with 103 sqm and facing Benoa and Benoa new bridge.
Room is well maintained , chair, dinner table, sofa were still okay and there is a cool refrigerator in the pantry.
Air condition both in living room and bed room are working well.
There is a big terrace with table and chairs where you can work with your laptop on it.

View from rooftop was great , where the restaurant is located.
The rooftop swimming pool was also nice, with the view of the Benoa.
Another big pool is located in the ground floor and very nice also.

It is correct that hotel located is in the middle of the housing complex and far from the tourist activities, however, since I got out early morning and went back to the hotel late, I have no issue with hotel location.

The villas looks attractive from hotel , if the price is reasonable I would like to try someday.

Inputs :

Elevator was aging and smelly.
Aisle is open that will be wet if rain fall coming.
Terrace was also wet during rain fall, you must walk carefully on it.
Food taste was so so, need to be improved.
I asked a morning call at 4.15 am to the reception, but no morning call at all. When I went down to the lobby at 5 am, he just woke up.

Room Tip: ask the room that face Benoa bridge.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel.
I read your comments about our hotel and was happy to read that we were able to change your mixed feelings about our hotel.
Pricing for our villas are good and they can be booked through our SBI website www.swiss-belhotel.com

Chris MacLean

Been to Swiss-Belhotel Bay View? Share your experiences!