Our Travel agent booked a "deluxe room" in this hotel for our recent stay in Bali probably based on some of the lovely photos kicking around of the place. These photographers have obviously taken a lot of care to disguise the true vibe of the place.
We arrived and waited a considerable amount of time for the room to be ready. On unlocking the door we were confronted with what can only be described as a cupboard behind the reception desk. Needless to say we complained. The view from the window was of 3 stacked air conditioning units and we could barely move around the bed the space was so limited. Need I say more.
We complained and were offered a very good rate to upgrade to a villa which we hurriedly agreed to. Still cost us an extra $300US but for an upgrade to a villa that was by far a more favorable option than staying in the deluxe room. They did have another room choice available. A suite I think. This was much bigger but was still soulless, much like the rest of the hotel.
The main hotel building is totally stark and depressing with very limited furnishings. It looks like the developer literally ran out of money. Suffice to say it just doesn't seem like it ever got fully completed and if it did then is in need of a significant overhaul.
Staff were nice. The guy who dealt with our complaint wasn't overly friendly but I guess thats to be expected.
Breakfast buffet was average, as was the in room dining.
Location wise it really is on a hill in the middle of nowhere. From the rest of my travels around Bali I can recommend not even bothering with Nusa Dua at all. If you do, go to one of the resorts down by the beach. Personally I will never go back. There are many more amazing places to stay. Luckily this hotel was only one of 5 we stayed in over our 3 week trip so we got over it.
While the villa was lovely (as villa's usually are) we still felt stranded up on a hill with a view of a commercial harbour. No thanks
- Also Known As:
- Swiss-Belhotel Bay View Hotel Benoa
- Swiss-Belhotel Bay View Hotel
- Swiss-Belhotel Bay View Bali/Nusa Dua
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Nusa Dua Bali, a resort hotel with a unique combination of suite apartments and pool villas. Swiss-Belhotel Bay View (4-stars) is a resort hotel within Taman Mumbul, with magnificent view of Bali's southern bay.This holiday resort is located on the top of Taman Mumbul Hill in Nusa Dua, overlooking the bay of Tanjung Benoa, the beach side of Nusa Dua, the islands of Nusa Penida and the sacred mountain Gunung Agung in East Bali. The Hotel offers easy access to Megiat beach & the water sports activities in Nusa Dua. It is also within reach of the white sands of Jimbaran Bay and its popular seafood restaurants, is within driving distance to the famous surf breaks and pristine beaches of Uluwatu and Pecatu, and the world-famous Kuta, Legian, and Seminyak shopping and entertainment areas are closer now with the new toll road. Swiss-Belhotel Bay View combines 57 deluxe rooms, 37 One-Bedroom suites, 20 Two-Bedroom suites and 2 3-Bedroom Royal Samudra Suites - with most of the spacious and comfortably furnished suites offering stunning views over Benoa Bay and to Nusa Dua Beach. Swiss-Belhotel Bay View Villas offer a cozy minimalist building style within a Balinese atmosphere. 34 Elegant & comfortable One-Bedroom Pool Villa compounds and 5 Two-Bedroom Pool Villa compounds, each with a private swimming pool and a gazebo let you enjoy your holiday in comfort, style, and serenity. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Tingo, Expedia, Otel, Fastbooking and Venere so you can book your Swiss-Belhotel Bay View reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.