“Traditional Balinese & Indonesian Treatment” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #17 of 65 Activities in Nusa Dua
More attraction details
Owner description: Only 7 minutes from your hotel in Nusa Dua or Jimbaran this Balinese owned and long established spa is the perfect place to enjoy authentic Balinese Massage and traditional Indonesian spa treatments in their famous outdoor rooms or an air-conditioned room for single, double and triple occupancy. A pleasant natural ambience and skillful therapists using fresh material is what you can expect at Sekar Jagat Spa. Complimentary pick-up and drop-back service. After spa have dinner at their lovely beachfront restaurant (free transfers). Find details and special promotions on their website.
Perth, Australia
10 attraction reviews
“Traditional Balinese & Indonesian Treatment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Exceptional service and fantastic venue - very relaxing and peaceful.

I was a bit unsure whether to get the 3.5 hour massage as it seemed too long for me, so I opted for the 1.5 hour relaxing massage and that went far too fast!

TIP: call or make a reservation online - prices are about 20% cheaper when making a reservation.

Will be back again!

• Indonesian first
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
30 attraction reviews
“2nd time around….still amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We went to this spa on our honeymoon back in 2010 and I wanted to go back, more for nostalgia than anything else. This spa is very local and although they pamper you from head to toe…they do so in a more “local Balinese” style atmosphere than your typical resort spa…. and at a fraction of the cost. I indulged in a 3.5-hour blissful afternoon- inclusive of a full body massage & scrub, flower bath (with tea & cake), facial, and an Ayurvedic Shirodhara scalp therapy. Don’t bother being self conscious here- don your paper chonies and allow them to do as they may. Its all on the up & up but be prepared for them to literally hand wash you as you sit on a stool, crazy but oh so relaxing.

5 attraction reviews
“Awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We had the honeymoon package for two, it was so worth it. The massages were perfect, the service was good, the atmosphere was relaxing and the food was good!:) The place also has an authentic feel to it, it's not some high-tech place. I reommend this to every visitor to Bali.

Visited February 2012
Coolangatta, Australia
“The Most Amazing, Relaxing, Professional 4.5 hour spa experience Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Wow where do I start, my sister and I booked a 4.5 hour spa treatment online before leaving Australia at Spa Sekar Jagat. They picked us up from our resort, we arrived at the spa and were treated like queens. With a beautiful friendly welcome and first class service our massages, facials, hair cream, head massage, flower bath etc were fantastic we couldn't have wished for more. Our skin felt and looked incredible and our hair smelt gorgeous for days after. The staff at Spa Sekar Jagat were brilliant they were soooo professional, kind and friendly they couldn't do enough for us. We will be recommending this wonderful Spa to everyone we know, it was just amazing and not to mention value for money. We knew lunch was included but had no idea how amazing it would be. After our spa we were taken to a beautiful restaurant over looking the beach it was priceless and we couldn't believe the food when they bought it out, the entre', main and drinks were absolutely gorgeous, and this was all included in our spa package, we were in heaven. The customer service was just incredible it was like nothing we have experienced before. We will definitely be going back to this spa when we go back to Bali. 10/10

San Jose, California
“A Terrible Spa”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I paid USD70 for a 2 hour treatment. My group was asked to pay first before the start of the treatment. I was led to an old room with old furniture with no A/C. Throughout the massage, I was feeling the heat. I have been to Bali at least 5 times and have experienced massages at many different spas. This spa is the most expensive I have paid and yet has the poorest facilities. Everything about that place is old and worn out. The hair wash basin is the old fashioned type that gives you a neck ache. The bath tub in my massage room looked really dirty with black stuff in it.I wonder how it got such a high rating on Tripadvisor. I will NEVER recommend this spa to anyone.

Visited November 2012
JuergenHeinrich, Manager at Boutique Spa Sekar Jagat, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Our apologies for any inconvenience you experienced, unfortunately we could not make you happy. Although we understand we can't make everybody happy we keep trying hard to improve our quality of service and facilities.

Most of our 2 hour packages cost US$50 (Internet rate), you opted for a special Ayurveda treatment (Abhyanga massage) that is at US$70 for 2 hours, we think - and the vast majority of our guests agree - this is a very reasonable rate given the quality we deliver.

Payment upon arrival is not compulsory at all, it is part of our workflow and 99% of our customers are fine with, and those who want to pay after treatment of course pay after treatment, it's simple as that. Mind that your group paid after we already had performed in advance: we reserved rooms for all of you, we appointed therapists and we sent our car to your hotel to collect you, everything with zero commitment from your side, no down-payment or credit card guarantee, you even did not have to provide your mobile phone number. This is what we call “easy booking”.

Our staff allocated you in a roofed outdoor room with small garden, part of a building with eight rooms (outdoor and air-conditioned) built just 2 years ago, accordingly facilities are in good shape. The traditional stone bath tub is natural and hygienic, though the paint is not glossy. You chose outdoor at time of booking. During treatment say just one word to your therapist and we immediately would have moved you to an air-conditioned room, no problem at all.

We remember that you were bit fussy, changing your mind many times, your friends who had a 2 hour treatment too finished their treatment more than 30 minutes earlier than you, they even had finished their lunch when you finally showed up. We are very sorry to you, but we think you exaggerate a bit. Thank you for your feedback, we continue to improve our quality of service and facilities.