“What a lovely surprise!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ellie's

You added Ellie's to your Saves list
Ellie's
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   At Bali Sari, Jl.Taman Lawangan | Taman Mumbul, Ngurah Rai Bypass, Nusa Dua, Bali 80363, Indonesia   |
Ranked #21 of 43 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Noosa, Australia
“What a lovely surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2009

After reading the reviews on Trip Advisor we booked our first night in Bali at Ellies. It was a great start to our winter holiday in the sun.
I contacted the staff before we left Australia and arranged to have a driver [Gus] meet us at the airport which was a blessing as we avoided all the touts and cooled down with an icey towel and cold bottle of water.
When we arrived the evening manager [Made] made us feel very welcome and we started to unwind straight away. Bintangs by the pool and a great evening meal ordered in, a clean and quiet room all add up to ticks for this budget friendly accommodation. If you enjoy a sunrise go up to the roof in the morning and watch the ball of fire rise from Nusa Dua coastline.
All in all a nice place to stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2009

This hotel is AMAZING!!!! Couldn't have asked for more wonderful and welcoming hosts, Dave and Caroline are absolute legends and so knowledgeable. They were full of ideas on how to make the most of a short visit....there is so much to see and do and Ellie's is in a perfect location for the best of it. Close enough to breathtaking beaches, fabulous eateries, shopping, culture and the hustle and bustle of Kuta, whilst being tucked away so you feel you are in your own private paradise!!! The hotel is beautiful...luxurious and comfortable, awesome beds and DELICIOUS breakfasts. Everything was just perfect....I only left yesterday and am already missing the place hugely!!! Would go back again and again and again....I recommend this place to EVERYBODY!!! Brilliant for couples, backpackers and families with children, Ellie's has something for everyone and is just the right size to make you feel right at home. The staff all pay attention to the personal touch and you will be welcomed in with open arms.....STAY AT ELLIE'S!!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Northampton, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2009

All I can say is....... WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!

I wasnt sure how this would be, being my first trip to the Far East, how Ellies and Bali would be but simply put, this was the best holiday I had ever been on! My family and I absolutely loved it and there was so much to do, and we were there for 10 days...

From the arrival at the airport, where we were picked up by the managers of the hotel (and greeted with bottles of water) through to the way we were made to feel, made this holiday a once-in-a-lifetime journey in paradise!!

We booked two rooms at Ellie's for our stay and we were treated like royalty... The managers of the hotel David and Caroline arranged everything for us. They took us to the money changer where we were able to change money up and they waited for us...
They arranged for transport to wherever we wished to go (obviously for a minor charge), we also had free internet and free loan of DVD's.

We were also advised by Dave/Caroline of various places we were able to visit at night such as where to go for a massage - we had a 2-hour exfoliation massage which cost my partner and I around £30 in total, they also recommended beaches, markets, dvd shops (cheaper than anywhere else I have seen in the world!!!)

Beer was very cheap at the hotel - which was one particular concern I had before choosing Ellies. Also, any requests or information I needed beforehand was dealt with and no request was ever too much...

I would recommend this hotel to singles, families, honeymooners, anyone!

On the subject of Bali itself, great people, nightlife is good, shopping is good. We went to a monkey park, a tree-walk park (fantastic), water park, down the beach, the Bvlgari is amazing - especially as you get taken down to your location on the "golf-buggy" (must be booked beforehand though!), Jimbaran is fantastic as is Kuta!

Cant say enough good things about it - to the point that my partner wants us to move there from the UK. Maybe one day soon.........

Best Wishes, Paul and Family.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

Ellie's was our first stop in a 3 week Indonesian trip for our honeymoon and we couldn't have started at a better place. As it was our first time to Bali Dave and Caroline gave us tips on everything we needed to know from the cost of a beach lounger to the nearest , best and well priced food in Nusa Dua. We stayed for 6 nights and loved every bit of the experience as we were made to feel right at home. The breakfasts were lovely, the rooms clean and comfy, and the pool great to come home to after a day out and about. Geger beach nearby was the best beach we visited on Bali so make the most of that and the hospitality shown by Dave and Caroline was fantastic, even treating us for our honeymoon. Highly recommended

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2009

We wanted an alternate to the big impersonal resort hotels. This was it!
Great service from all staff. Casual & unpretentious, yet helpful and accommodating.
Included breakfasts were great. Rate was very affordable. Recommendations were very good.
We'd stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Kalaheo, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2009

We stayed at Ellie's for the first three nights of our 3 week Bali trip. Dave and Caroline were so helpful, nice and fun! Our room was absolutely perfect, and roomy enough for the 4 of us (we took our two daughters). The breakfast was perfect, coffee was great. I LOVED my rooftop massage from Wayan. That was my favorite massage in all of Bali, and believe me, I had a lot! I really enjoyed Gegor beach, which was right down the road. Tropical restaurant, in Nusa Dua, was our favorite. We also loved Warung Dobeil, which is also located nearby in Nusa Dua. I was a bit depressed when we had to leave Ellie's and go to our private villa in Uluwatu. Ellie's was so fun and social, whereas my villa was quiet and lonely. I wanted to return to Ellie's for a few nights at the end of our stay- next time! This hotel was just perfect and I couldn't say a bad thing about our stay there! Thank you Dave and Caroline!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Hong Kong
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

We stayed for 3 nights just this past weekend at Ellies and it was fantastic. David, Caroline and Made were the perfect hosts and provided excellent advice. It was great fun learning about their experiences and their family as well. We had a late afternoon flight on the departure date and wanted to spend the morning at the beach. Since they needed to clean our room and we had to check out by noon, they let us use the showers in an extra room after we came back from the beach after 1 p.m. without charge or fuss. It was perfect and just what we needed. You will never get that kind of service in any resort. The location was also very convenient and the taxi system was excellent and reliable.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family

Been to Ellie's? Share your experiences!