“Excellent food and service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Soleil

Soleil
Jl. Raya Nusa Dua Selatan, Kawasan Sawangan | The Mulia Resort Bali, Nusa Dua, Bali 80363, Indonesia
+62 361 3017777
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 117 Restaurants in Nusa Dua
Cuisines: French, Italian, International, Pan-Asian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Description: Soleil, the seaside restaurant of The Mulia, Mulia Resort & Villas - Nusa Dua, Bali offering Mediterranean and Pan-Asian cuisines. Specialized in delectable dishes with a Mediterranean touch, as well as exotic cuisines from Indonesia, Vietnam, and Thailand. Our internationally acclaimed chefs at Soleil are prepared to pamper your senses. Facing the magnificent view of the tranquil Indian Ocean, the two elegant marbled dining areas with outdoor spaces are adorned with warm and inviting interiors.
Denpasar, Indonesia
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

It was a nice place, good service and good food, however it was very hard to call for reservation, its always busy, I hope they have dedicated phone line for Soleil so it wont get rejected by other people calling for general inquiries.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dir_of_Comm, Hotel Management at Soleil, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Satya87

Thank you very much for sharing your experience about Soleil and your thoughful feedback.
The team is looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future

Sincerely

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Dover, United Kingdom
“Amazing Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

My partner decided to give me a Father's Day gift, so she booked the Sunday brunch at the Soleil restaurant. From the moment we arrived in the Bluebird taxi, we were treated as royalty, the car's doors were opened for us and politely advised to watch our footing as it had just rained. We were shown into the buggy & whisked to the restaurant and greeted with smiles and quickly shown to our table overlooking the pool and ocean. What followed for the next 4 hours can only be described with one word AMAZING. We could not fault any of the food, from the buffet tables, tasters ( that was brought round constantly) and a la carte menu ( which is also included in the price) We opted for the non-alcoholic package, and this cost us approx. £25 per head. Drinks were also endless. Half way through the brunch, we started to have doubts about if the price we had seen on a previous review was wrong, it wasn't !! If we had to pay for a similar meal in the UK we would expect to pay A LOT MORE.
If you only do one thing whilst in Bali, you must do this.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“A must do whilst in Nusa Dua.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

We were staying in a resort in Nusa Dua where the dining experience was nothing to write home about. Whilst looking through the Trip Advisor website we came across some very good reivews for Soleil restaurant at the new Mulia Bali resort. We decided to give it a go and I called the restaurant to make a booking. The receptionist was extremely helpful and even arranged for a driver to come to our hotel, some 15 mins away, to pick us up and return us after the meal.
The restaurant itself is very well appointed with comfortable upmarket furnishings and a fantastic view looking out to the sea and the huge infinity pool. The food was excellent, with a huge range of options and all very elegantly presented. The prices were very cheap compared with Melbourne prices and probably cheaper than most of the resorts we ate in at Nusa Dua proper.
What set this restaurant apart however, was the incredible service we recieved. From driver that picked us up, to the food and drink waiters - we were made to feel like royalty. Not at all overbearing by very polite and attentive and knowledgable about the food and the wine.
As we were nearing the end of our meal, the restaurant manager introduced himself and asked that all was to our liking. We commented on how beautiful the whole resort was and he asked if we would like a tour. He then arranged for 2 of the resorts senior managers to show us around the resort.
We will definately stay here next time we return to Bali.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dear RodR

Thank you very much for visiting Soleil during your recent visit to the island.
We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your dining experience with us.
The team is very much looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future to experience The Mulia, Mulia Reesort & Villas or another dining escapade.

Once again, we thank you for taking the time to share your kind review.

Castle Hill, Australia
“Amazing decor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

this restaurant had beautiful decor with great food - lovely view looking out over the Ocean pool and the Indian Ocean

Visited May 2013
“Engraved into my memories - Best Birthday Dinner Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

It was my first time to Bali and truth be told, I was expecting it to be a blast on every level. As a lover of Indonesian cuisine, I was a little apprehensive about trying a mix of Mediterranean and French for my Birthday dinner.

We made a phone reservation at 7pm, for 8pm, there was a pick-up service, complementary, dropped us off at the hotel lobby, and we were later transported to the restaurant via buggy. Escorted all the way from our hotel. I have never seen personalized service to the point it becomes obsessive. I love their homeliness, friendly approach and constant reminder that we are VIPs.

We were seated indoor next to the window which sported nothing short of the most spectacular view ever of the private beach of the Mulia. There was outdoor seating too which made one feel right at home in a shipwreck (a very classy shipwreck - a compliment mind you).

The menu offered was nothing but an ocean of choices from classic Mediterranean to French as well as spectacular selections from the region.

We started off with a range of bread, free-flow. Freshly baked, fragrant and impressively selected. The restaurant really knew how to keep us happy and we were pigging out even before anything we ordered was plated.

We had two entrees - Satay and Tom Yum. The Satay was brilliantly done, smooth and given a variety of sauces. I always had an issue with dry meat but the ones served was far from dry, in fact juices were tucked surprisingly in every bite. Flavorful and absolutely addictive.

The tom yum could not be compared, the prawns were generous and the smoothness stunningly silky. Spiciness was magically controlled and manageable without overpowering one bit. My girlfriend and I were blown away, as fans of Thai food.

I ordered the beef filet mignon of 250g (medium) which was perfectly done. Slightly bloody on the inside and slightly charred on the outside. There was a list of 6-8 sauces to choose from, my suggestion is to not pretend that you know what is written there if you really do not. The lovely waitresses/ waiters would be more than happy to oblige any questions you have. I went with a au poivre (pepper sauce), my God! Their suggestions hit my palate spot on! The main came with 2 sides but they were kind enough to offer 3. So sue me for my weird sides combination: Sambal Kang Kong, Spinach, French Fries. I loved the sambal kang kong, spicy with a hint of 'I'm gonna take good care of you' sweetness and motherly warmth. Maybe its just my love for sambal.

The lady had a seafood broth it was along the lines of a Tuscan Seafood Stew, it consisted of half a lobster, squid, shellfish and fish. Tasty and heated, the portion was generous and brought us straight to the sea. Evelyn commented "Look at this! There is more clam than there is shell!" In terms of value, Soleil was a home run. It also was obvious that a lot of emphasis is placed on freshness and consistency. We were ready to spend the night in paradise.

We had to skip desserts as we filled the dessert stomach with chunks of french fries and lobster scrapes.

Just as we were about to leave, "Happy Birthday" faded in from the back of my head and the entire serving staff appeared with a slice of cake specially for me. It was so personal as they egged me on to make a wish and it was completely all smiles. Be it Balinese hospitality or the sheer desire to put their best foot forward, the love on the night of the 31st of May knew its place. This review goes straight to the staff of the Soleil. I am deeply touched and my heartfelt gratitude goes straight to you, the beautiful night would have been a largely pretentious one if it were not for the personal and homely service brought from their home into our plates.

As Evelyn and I are still fresh in our careers, the price we paid though considered a luxury for us, it was worth every cent in terms of experience down to the lovely smiles. Thank you Soleil for making my 23rd Birthday the best so far.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
phaditama, Restaurant Management at Soleil, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Dear Bernard S,

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful review and generous compliments .
It has been a pleasure to have you as our guest and we are delighted to learn how much you enjoyed our Soleil Restaurant. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.