“A great hotel for it's price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Amaroossa Suite Bali

You added Amaroossa Suite Bali to your Saves list
Amaroossa Suite Bali
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Kebo Iwa no. 2 Taman Mumbul, Nusa Dua, Bali 80363, Indonesia   |
Ranked #34 of 46 Hotels in Nusa Dua
“A great hotel for it's price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed in this hotel as a couple. Hotel is located at Nusa Dua which is a great location as it is near the popular jimbaran beach. Other popular places like Kuta and semniyak are also quite near the hotel. Hotel staffs are helpful and nice. Rooms are very clean and well taken care of.

There are however two areas in which the hotel may look to improve. One is the buffet breakfast, as it has a very limited choice of dishes. Second is that the swimming pool's water is a little dirty during our 5 days worth of stay.

Overall, the hotel is worth it for the price we paid. I'm happy abd satisfied with our choice of staying in Amaroossa Hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
Ketut Gde P, General Manager at Amaroossa Suite Bali, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Amaroossa Suite Bali!

Thank you for your constructive comments on TripAdvisor and we are happy to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us recently.

The two areas which we need to improve from your experience has been taking care properly for a better maintenance of our swimming pool and good food for breakfast.

Again, thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Yours faithfully,

Gede Parmita

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Indonesian first
Brisbane
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Overview: Been to Bali many times, stayed in 3/4 & 5 star properties depending how 'special' the reason of the trip. Stayed in a lot of hotels in Nusa Dua and feel comfortable rating this hotel against their competition. Stayed for a period of 12 nights. I write this review honestly in light of the long stay we had there and knowing that on the last day we met the new General Manager (who started the day before) and listened to our feedback (upon request) and vowed he would look into a lot of the issues we raised and fix things.

Pros:

Bed is the most comfortable bed I have EVER slept in. Beautiful. Do not think I have slept as comfortably in my whole life - not even in our brand new bed at home. Beautiful linen, lovely pillows and as mentioned amazing bed.

Room size was fantastic value. One of the largest rooms for the $$. Very spacious and comfortable with room to sleep, sit and relax and not be in each other's way all the time. Great room with lovely fittings.

Main pool looks pretty and although very small and not very private, it is good looking and the water is clean and maintained. They have done the gardens in this area very well and it looks very inviting.

Cons:

Started in pool suite which was an upgrade we received via a Wot.if special. This room was the darkest and gloomiest room I have ever stayed in. Anywhere. Furniture-wise it was tastefully decorated and was a 'good looking' room however not one bit of light came in and it was depressing. Pool outside was filthy with dirt sitting all over the sides and on the bottom of it. Would never swim in here unless I wanted a urinary tract infection. Moved rooms. New room much brighter and felt like we were actually on holiday and not in a detention camp.

Maintenance of Hotel was very lax considering the hotel has only been open for 7 months. This was a let down. Small things like, our main door to our room. To open we had to push VERY hard to allow the gas thing to realise the door was being opened. Then, to close, you need to leave your room 5 mins early so that you can pull until your heart is content or simply stand there until the gas thing allows the door to shut. Super frustrating considering, that a cleaner attended the room every day and did not once think to use initiative to call maintenance to fix door.

Card locked us out randomly and we had to get card re-cut for no reason.

Ants in huge nest on walls, on benches, etc. Found ants crawling on us in bed. Got to love waking up to the smell of ants on your skin. To hotel credit, once we told them, when we returned that day our room has been treated for ants and we only saw one or two after this.

Balcony, PVC plastic guard on the inside of the balcony to ensure people don't squeeze through to their death (I'm guessing) was cracked and broken off. Sharp edges as a result. Balcony metal itself was loose and after both my husband and I looked over the edge and held on to the railing we realised would not take much to go straight over. MASSIVE problem! Very dangerous. Can just see it on the news now. For a new hotel - seems scary that it already has flaws like this?

Room Service menu was not in rooms at all. Called to get one. Ordered food to our room 2 times. On the first night we arrived and on the last night. First night ordered a club sandwich. First of all they had to call our room to ask us what was on a club sandwich. We happily told them, considering it was our first night and we were in high spirits. 45 mins later our order arrived. Midnight at this stage. We were asleep. Woke up and received meal. (Never waited 45 mins for a sandwich and chips in my life!) The sandwich was on cold bread, not toasted and had no chicken (like we confirmed on phone). It had a piece of red, un-identified meat on it and about a bottle of mayo and cucumber. Just poor. Called up and asked whether it could be changed for something. Person took call and said words to the effect of oh ok, ok, etc. No-one came to our room. We did not bother - it set the tone pretty clearly.

Last night in hotel we ordered Nasi Goreng - my fav! Had it all trip as I do every year. This Nasi-goreng was the most gluggiest, foul tasting Nasi-goreng I have ever eaten. I was able to hold by my 2 fingers a huge clump of it up in the air to show my husband what I meant. Ate 4 mouthfuls and left it outside door for collection. Husband had spaghetti left nearly the entire bowl. Another fail.

Breakfast, average. Nothing much to say. Stayed 12 nights, ate breakfast once. Yet, for the first 4 days we got a call between 8:30 and 9:30 to tell us why we not come down to breakfast as breakfast was closing soon. I had to ask them finally - we are asleep, if we want breakfast we will come down. No need to call. No calls after this. Told new manager that breakfast was very average compared to other hotels, he said we are not 5 star hotel. Doesn't matter! Had breakfast at 2 competitors very close to this hotel and it was far better and they are not 5 star either.

Fire Alarm, minor detail I guess but needs to change procedure. Asleep in bed 9am. Loud fire alarm goes off. We are straight up fearing the worst as this has never happened to us in Bali. Getting dressed and out the door to be told 'drill, drill'. Nice if they sent a memo around to tell us that a drill would be going off? Type of thing that needs to be told to the guest the night before with a memo under the door.

Security, lack of security compared to other hotels. Mostly, they sat out the back looking at you as you pulled up on moped. To my utter shock and horror I even witnessed a 'security guard' and I use the term loosely, throw a rock at a local dog who was doing nothing wrong. Him and roughly 5 other staff laughed about it. I said to him very angrily 'you like it if I throw a rock at you' no reply. More laughing. Disgraceful to see. I have respect for the Balinese culture but throwing a rock an animal who was walking down the street is poor, poor, poor. Never seen this by 'hotel staff' before. I was furious.

STAFF: Apart from Harris and the team in the kitchen who would bring us drinks and food when we were at the pool bar, the staff were very average to say the least. A BIG shake up needs to occur. Restaurant staff were polite, kind and as far as we know respectful towards us. Thank you to these people. Good work.

The rest, reception staff, bell boys, security, drivers, etc were very rude and unprofessional. Bali is supposed to be a place full of hospitality (all our trips here including our own wedding in Bali we have adored these people and the place itself) and these people had little regard for us, and others. I was, by the end of the trip appalled by these people. We were not greeted at all, they were too busy gossiping, laughing, on their phones, texting etc. Upon leaving they stood by the front entrance staring at us. It was a contempt for people who are paying for them to have a job. Utterly disappointing. BIG changes need to happen in these areas. Total new staff in reception is needed. The driver to the airport had to be asked 3 times to turn air-con on. Once arrived, sniggered with a bag carry person who was standing there (whilst looking at us) and then had the hide to hint for a tip from my husband. My husband was less then impressed as was I.

Lastly, as I have mentioned, a new General Manager apparently started the day before we left. He asked my husband for his experiences and we openly told him a few of them. He seems like a very good man who is switched on and will change things. He was shocked by a few of the things we said and he said that it is his priority to make things better. I really hope he is successful in doing this.

But, it is my right to honestly describe our experiences with this hotel, as, it ruined our 'living' part of our holiday. As soon as we left on our moped every day, we were happy. As soon as we returned, vibe straight back from the moment you pull up and the staring, awkwardness begins.

You get what you pay for I guess??

Room Tip: Normal suites verses pool suites.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Ketut Gde P, General Manager at Amaroossa Suite Bali, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Sir/Madam,

Sunny greetings from Amaroossa Suite Bali.

Thank you for your comments which we are really concern for our improvement to meet guests satisfaction.

Intensive training program is now on going in all operation departments.

We look forward to welcoming you back and serve you better in the near future.

Yours faithfully,

Christchurch, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Fabulous room!

Very clean, lots of space and the bed was extremely comfy!
I thought it was good value especially with the private pool.

However the service was a huge let down -
* No maps/information for us on arrival or when requested
* No cocktail service at night time
* Served warm drinks and when asked for a cold beverage they responded that it has already been opened.
* A drink took 10-30 minutes to get (the workers were more concerned about what they were looking up on the computer).
* Very noisy in the morning from the kitchen which had us awake at 530-6am daily
* We asked the front desk for a wake up call - which never happened.

Once they sort out the service I think that this hotel would be a great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Sarah,

Sunny greetings from Amaroossa Suite Bali..

Thank you for your valuable comments it is very constructive.

Intensive training program is now on going for all operation staff.

You will see the changes when you return and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and serve you better.

Yours sincerely,

Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Stayed at Amaroossa for 2 nights. Room is excellent, big and wide, and very clean. Our stay was perfect until the last day morning around 10 am, there was one room service guy opened our room door with his key. He tried to open once but couldn't make it because we have locked our room with the "chain". However we believe he might be able to sneak inside the room. What's worse was he already could not open it once, the door closed and he still tried to open the second time until we shouted him from inside the room then he just ran away. Could you imagine what if we did not tie the "chain" to the door?? Anyway, we straightaway called to front desk and complained about this. The front desk girl said maybe the guy has knocked on your door and you didn't hear it so he straightaway opened the door. Apparently we did not hear any knocks on the door at all. This made us have the bad feeling and luckily we checked out on that day. If not we won't have the safe feeling anymore while staying there. And upon our check-out, there was nothing told by the front desk officers about this. We were quite disappointed after what happened.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Ketut Gde P, General Manager at Amaroossa Suite Bali, responded to this review, June 19, 2013

Sunny greetings from Amaroossa Suite Bali..

Thank you for your valuable comments on TripAdvisor. Your case has been investigated and we ensure you that this kind of miss handling or miss communication will not happen again in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Amaroossa Suite Bali and serve you better.

Best regards,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We got the room based on a Groupon deal from Singapore, the pictures as supplied on Trip Advisor and Agoda were accurate and it seemed like a good deal.

When we arrived in Bali, the driver who picked us up in the hotel vehicle was friendly and made small talk with us pretty easily.

When we arrived at the hotel, it was pretty! Clean and pretty straight forward, the lobby was small and it was next to the common pool. It was a nice hotel, quaint with a boutique feel, check-in was painless.

The room was beautiful and spacious, lined with a lot of purple and even a lounge area. However, upon closer inspection, we realized that there were a few details that were not to satisfaction. The sink was chocked, the private pool area was dirty, the bathtub was dirty too, the bathroom door was stuck and the shower area drainage was chocked too. It was not the ideal vacation starter to encounter these problems within the first 15 minutes of check-in. We got the 'engineering' (maintenance) staff to rectify the problems as well as housekeeping to clean the room once more. We burned about 2 hours waiting on the staff and eventually we got a little impatient and decided to leave for some food. When we got back, spic and span the room was clean and the bathroom was functioning as it should.

On the second day, we got visited by the staff, I was expecting housekeeping but was met with a slice of chocolate cake instead. The attention to detail even though it meant them spying on my birth date was a very nice touch to the trip. I loved the reception staff as they were the key to our getting around Bali. In terms of suggestions on places to visit and addresses to provide taxi drivers and the booking of taxis.

Overall, though the trip was a complete joy, there still are details that need to be ironed out, since the hotel is just about a year old. But knowing the hospitality and the extra mile the staff is willing to go, I trust that Amaroossa has not seen its best days yet.

Keep up the good effort!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Sunny greetings from Amaroossa Suite Bali..

Thank you for your constructive comments on TripAdvisor

On going daily deep cleaning program in all rooms are in progress to meet our guest expectation on rooms clean lines.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Amaroossa Siite Bali and serve you better.

Best regards,

Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

The hotel's room is beautiful. The concept of the hotel is minimalist boutique hotel. Some of the staff are trained and friendly, but the others are not. The downside is the location and the privacy. There is no privacy in this hotel. Although you stay in the amaroosa suite or family suite, there is no privacy at all. The sound of the motorcycle on the street are loud and disturb guest. There is a sign in front of your room " do not disturb" , but even you choose the sign, the staff laugh in front of your room. So, THERE IS NO PRIVACY AT ALL.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Amaroossa S, Front Office Manager at Amaroossa Suite Bali, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Mr Alexander Vincent

Greetings from Amaroossa Suite Bali!
Thank you for taking the time to a review; we do appreciate all comments received as this enables us to continually review our service and standards. We do appologize to learn that you did not thoroughly enjoy your experience at Amaroossa Suite Bali. We ware concerned about things you mentioned, however your feedback is much appreciated.
We look forward to be able to welcome you back to Amaroossa Suite Bali for the next visit.

Regard

Yugi Maulana Ilhami
Front Office Manager
Jakarta, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

First impression: a small hotel with good interior.
At day 1 we stayed in executive suite which actually the most basic suite they have but the best experience ever while we were staying. Like the cleanliness of the room and everything is mostly perfect except for the noise from the road and no private pool. The breakfast was nice at 1st day (the creamy pasta was devine!)

Day 2 we moved to amarossa suite on the ground floor which for us was the nightmare. Dirty, bathroom smells weird and the window door to the private pool need extra effort to be closed. The area of private pool also not comfy enough coz you can hear people talking from the restaurant, so we assumed they can hear us also.

Day 3 was the worst from all. The electricity off from around 10pm to morning n their genset can't support all room's electricity. So we couldn't sleep until it was on around 9 am the next day. So many complaints but the staffs didn't know how to handle it. For a hotel that I thought has good management, this is so far below expectation. I just can't believe you don't have backup for this kind of problem and you let your guest staying without lamp and ac and without any compensation whatsoever.

So hopefully you'll learn your lesson and be better in managing the hotel.

For cleaning service on 2nd floor (our first day room), you did a great job! For CS on 1st floor and the management, do better!

• Stayed April 2013
Amaroossa S, Front Office Manager at Amaroossa Suite Bali, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Mrs Maeza ,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Amaroossa Suite - Bali and for taking the time to provide us with your feedback thanks for the input that you provide and we promise to make improvements for the comfort of guests who stay at our hotel and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Amaroossa Suite - Bali some time in the near future ....

Best Regard

Yugi Maulana Ilhami

Been to Amaroossa Suite Bali? Share your experiences!