“Unfortunate dissapointment” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mulia Resort

You added Mulia Resort to your Saves list
Mulia Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Raya Nusa Dua Selatan | Kawasan Sawangan, Nusa Dua, Bali 80363, Indonesia   |
Ranked #17 of 46 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Surabaya, Indonesia
“Unfortunate dissapointment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

In my personal opinion the hotel lacks 'character'. I don't feel comfy nor homey during my stay in Mulia Resort. The staff is very attentive and more than helpful with all your needs. However, the design and the layout of the hotel is not what I expected of a true Bali experience. Without a doubt the hotel is very comfortable and very luxurious, everything is meticulously put for the premium experience, but it really lacks of that something different for the price we pay. For those of you that wants to know the difference between Mulia Resort & Villas and the Mulia. The Mulia is the hotel brand that is located right infront of the beach with all SUITE rooms. While Mulia Villas are located from a different entrance. I have experience other hotel that are my suitable to my personal taste, maybe that is just me. I would recommend for you to check the hotel as it is one of a kind, their breakfast buffet menu is insanely complete. One of the most complete breakfast I have had anywhere in the world, unfortunately the taste was just average.

Room Tip: Don't be 'tricked' by the name they choose for their room. If you are expecting a true b...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Spent two nights here. Was absolutely contented with just spending the whole day in the resort. My room was very spacious altho it was the lowest room type.

But i just loved the pool!!!!!! Was amazed with how many pools they have but the best one is the Ocean pool facing the beach. That was just something else. Spent alot of time there just reading a book and dipping in the water.

If ur keen on working out, the gym is great! burning calories with an ocean view! thats kinda therapeutic :)

And just like Hotel Mulia in Jakarta, the food can never go wrong!!! The Cafe's food is no question anymore. But the highlight of my stay was the sunday brunch at Soleil! the food is just splendid! the buffet spread they haf, wow! salad n seafood were so fresh, tasty... the bbq corner serves all kinds of perfectly cooked meat. Even the dessert will make u spare a little (or big) space in the stomach even if you are already full.

It is a place if you need a real pampering on your holiday. You can just spend the whole day without going anywhere. Not the best way to visit Bali, but an excellent luxurious hideaway option.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
MULIA_BALI_12, Hotel Management at Mulia Resort, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Dear DitaGenier,

Thank you for kind comments and review of your experience at Mulia Resort - Nusa Dua, Bali.

We appreciate the time taken to post your message and we are very pleased to hear that our services and facilities exceed your expectations.

It is indeed a pleasure to pass on your compliments regarding our service to our entire team that consistently turns moments into lasting memories.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Staff was amazing. Food was just as good. Room was great. Even the gym was incredible. I couldn't believe how big this place is. I don't know why you would never want to leave your resort in Bali, BUT if you were to do such a thing, this is the place to do it. Can't wait to get back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Castle Hill, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

I am Australian that stayed at The Mulia Resort with my sister and son for 9 days between 25th April and 4th May 2013. Check in was slow due to our Australian travel agent not communicating our room configuration correctly and new hotel staff learning how to deal with this problem. From this point it was all up. The décor is absolutely beautiful, food was out of this world and the employees were extremely courteous and attentive. Our rooms were adjoining Royal suites with ocean views, 6 star luxury and stunningly decorated with beds that were so comfortable. Sitting on our balcony feeling the sea breeze from the Indian Ocean was wonderful.

What really made this holiday special were the staff – they were absolutely amazing and these are a few that made our holiday memorable – “The Bar” – Niti was a very friendly girl and was excellent in giving us facts on the Balinese culture and tourism tips - a great ambassador for the Mulia – she would get my Employee Award, “Management” – Sonny Koentjoro, Ricki and another tall guy Agus??– totally professional and very attentive, “Reception and Customer Relations” – Ely and Anastasia – always welcoming and attended to any request we had. Ely even met us at the airport when we were leaving to help us with check-in @ Garuda (we were impressed) and “Life Guard Ocean Pool” – I Gede Darmadi – made sure we were always comfortable with a nice sunbed and towel– I wish I could list ALL the staff- I felt very safe with all the security too.

One comment I would like the Mulia introduce some Balinese traditions – like the feast, Barong Dance and some more offerings round the place – that what makes Bali so special. This is my 3rd visit to Bali and I could easily not know about these traditions just staying at the Mulia.

Overall an amazing experience, there are a few things being a new hotel that they need to work on but when I need a relaxing dream holiday in the sun the Mulia Resort will be my 1st choice. In my mind it was Bali heaven.

Room Tip: Royal suites with ocean views, 6 star luxury and stunningly decorated with beds that were so comfort...
jakarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Just spend my weekend with friends staying at Royal Ocean Suite - Mulia Resort. I really enjoy my stay here. Love the interior of the room and the restroom is amazing. Very spacious and what amazed me is the automatic closet that can open the lid whenever we open the door. it is also has warmer. I am really impressed with the art pieces spread across the hotel area. The pool also stunning and has direct access to the beach.
All of the staff were very polite and attentive. The buffet dinner at The Cafe also mouthwatering with extensive choices of food. Their dessert section was nice, my favorite is the banana ice cream. Breakfast also great. Probably the best breakfast buffet i've ever had in Bali.
Would love to come back and stay longer.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
phaditama, Hotel Management at Mulia Resort, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Dear Qimqim,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review on Trip Advisor.

We are delighted to read how much you enjoyed our Resort.
We look forward to welcome you back to Mulia Resort – Nusa Dua, Bali in the not too distant future again for a longer visit.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We went there on 28/05/2013-31/05/2013. Impeccable hotel, amazing service, people were so friendly and acknowledge us all the time. Speedy service on everything. Amazing pool overlooking the ocean. The beach is right in front of the pool. Breakfast is top notch, they have Indonesian, Indian, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, American breakfast. The hotel is quite new, they just opened on dec 2012, so everything is still clean and new. All we can say is that we love it and it was truly heaven on earth. We suggest that if u want to stay in this hotel, try to make use of it by staying full day in the hotel and try their different pools, sport and yoga activities, kids day care. this hotel is far from main tourist areas, such as kuta, seminyak. Kids day care provided by the hotel from the age of 3, where they provide lunch and snacks. You can drop your kids to the day care before you go out for shopping and picked them up later. For kids under 3, unfortunately, parents or nanny have to supervised the kids. The hotel also have deli, where u can buy bread, sandwiches, milk, ice cream, etc. the hotel will give u 2 welcome drink, one from the sky bar which is the bar overlooking the pool and ocean,and the other one from the bar which is the lounge area in front the restaurant.

Dear Dion_Lily79,
Thank you very much for your generous compliments. It has been a pleasure to have you as our guest. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Mulia Resort – Nusa Dua, Bali.

Sincerely
The Management.
Denpasar, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I visited the Mulia Resort a few days ago with the intention to do a site visit for my sister wedding next year. Did not really got the chance to stay at the Hotel, but I was really impressed with the hotel the moment I drove into the hotel.

The Hotel is super HUGE! and very luxurious. The quality of the finishing and the decoration are amazing. All of the staff are super friendly, from the Front Office, until the Public Area attendant. I was escorted by the Wedding Sales to see the Function Hall. It was really nice with luxurious furniture and decoration.

I got the chance to eat at the "Cafe", overall the food and atmosphere of the restaurant was really nice. I ate their Korean BBQ Tenderloin Steak (If I am not mistaken), It was perfect! I can tell that the Beef is high quality and the price was alright.

Their public restrooms are amazing! (ok I know this is not really important, but I was really amaze by it). The closet is automatic, it could open its own lid, as if welcoming you to use it. The closet seat are warmed and flush are automatic. It was unbelievable!

I got the chance to inspect the rooms as well. The rooms are all very luxurious. Even the standard rooms are very spacious and decorated until the very small detail. The layout of the room is almost identical to the hotel in Marina Bay Sands. The Bathroom is amazing! Very spacious as well.

The only cons this hotel have is their location is a bit too far from the city. But overall I really love this hotel. And hopefully I would have the chance to stay a night or two during my sister wedding in the coming future.

Dear Pangk,

Thank you very for taking the time to share your thoughtful comments. We take great pride in our team and work diligently to up keep the Resort. We look forward to welcome you back to stay during your sisters wedding.

The Management

Been to Mulia Resort? Share your experiences!