“The last heaven in the world - Incredible resort experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mulia Resort

You added Mulia Resort to your Saves list
Mulia Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Raya Nusa Dua Selatan | Kawasan Sawangan, Nusa Dua, Bali 80363, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
STAY 4 PAY 3
Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Nusa Dua
“The last heaven in the world - Incredible resort experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

This is super great hotel that i ever stayed before ~
U 'd better experience it first even u are the type of the person who doesn't go for resort hotels normally. It will give u wonderful feeling and u will love it for sure! This I tell u, guaranteeing with all my fortune and even betting my life, this is the resort you must visit once in your life time!!!
Now im residing in Japan but, I really want to go back to Mulia Bali again~ !! Thanks to the professional chefs and service people in the restaurant, Soleil, as well as beautiful buffet dinning called The Cafe. With this resort, your experience and purpose of going to Bali is now completely CHANGED!! Why!? It's totally for u to find out, but me as a 35 years old Asian lady, for sure this resort is reserved for female customers. pls do not get influenced with those bad comments listed here, but see it and enjoy it urself, as i am confident that you will be doing the same as what i am doing right now. Enjoy Mulia, the last heaven of Bali...

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Bandung
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Great, especially swimming pools .... Very nice pool and beach .... Good hospitality .... Good food, only the weather still hot, maybe next 2 year will be better after all trees growing up ... Enough facility except spa not yet done (sauna, jacuzzi, etc). Be better and succes ....

Room Tip: For family, take suite room .... Bigger for your kids ....
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Overall experienced is great ... right from our arrival to our departure from Denpasar. The warm welcome and great hospitality, make sure us to come back and stay again at The Mulia, Bali.

The butler's really taking care of us and make sure that we have everything that we want.

There's nothing to compare with other hotel or resorts in Bali ...

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

by : Josef Witana - Jakarta Indonesia

The Mulia Bali, located in Nusa Dua just by the sea, is a new hotel opened just by the start of our year 2013.She is a grand hotel spanning for 30hectare. We went to the Mulia Resort on the eve of Chinese New Year. I'm an aspiring pastry chef with quite a bit knowledge on taste and foods, I'm quite picky on what I eat and how the flavors play out in my mouth. So this is a great opportunity to get a taste of what the cafe Mulia Bali has to offer, especially on the desserts.

Arrival
As we arrived, we are greeted by its grand entrance with tight security checks, a sculpture of dozens of roses (seems to be a hobby of the owner) and through all that, is the glorious Mulia area. What you'll see first beyond the entrance is the Mulia resort which is just across the entrance area, only to be separated by a crystal clear and vibrant shallow-pool with several platforms for the guest to enjoy their time or meals atop the waters, furthermore an elegant and beautiful church stands at the middle of the water area. Proceeding further we come across the ballroom with a capacity of 3000 people and a very glamorous, opulent design. These two factors are the absolute essence and recipe to the perfect wedding ceremony! In a few walking distance is the Mulia Resort with its glorious entrance glittering with opulence, a spacious meeting place to just sit down and chat and a veranda facing the entire Mulia Resort pools and hotel wings and the ocean in one fell sweep! Sadly We didn't stay here nor visit the villa area and explore deeper into the resorts on our trip so this is as far as I can describe the buildings and facilities, on to the culinary experience..

Culinary Experience
We went to eat at The Cafe which is located one floor below the lobby where all the restaurant and the amazing culinary experience awaits you!

The cafe, famed through the international famous Mulia hotel of Jakarta, one of the best hotels in Indonesia, boasts a range of international cuisine from Indonesian to Western, Chinese and even Japanese cuisine with an amazing assortment of desserts and ice cream, not to mention those mouth-watering desserts for the Chinese New Year! So, a lot is riding on this dinner as to live up to the reputation of the Cafe Jakarta.

As we enter the cafe, we are greeted warmly, each and every one of us regardless of age, children to the elders and were guided clearly to our tables. Although it is quite a shame that we had to sit in totally opposite directions, but we were seated close to each other and divided ourselves accordingly, no complains here. The choice of drinks are really diverse from liquors to juices, fitting for almost all situations. As we ordered our drinks, we moved on to the cuisine. I directly went to the Japanese section to grab some sushi for starts and was amazed at the range of dishes provided from raw tuna, octopus, salmon, scallops to Japanese rolls and sushis, even to carpaccio to absolutely fresh oysters and teriyaki chicken, the choice were so diverse that I had to taste them all! And I dare say, they all were fabulous! The raw dishes were all so fresh that they all tasted so sweet and succulent especially when combined with the Japanese Soy Sauce and wasabi, the flavors were exploding like fireworks on my pallet! After tasting the Japanese delights, I moved on to the western section with a selection from fish, chicken, beef, pasta, even risotto prepared directly to order with various ingredient selections like scallops, bacon, cheese and various others to give it a harmony of flavor to suit the exact taste of the customers. Moving on to the suckling pig and martabak, both has a very crispy skin to give it that crunch accompanied by a fine play of ingredients to give it that final delicate and extremely rich flavors. To Indian cuisine, a further rich flavor cuisine with it's fragrant signature curry and leg of lamb flavored with a blend of various herbs was an absolute hit and the naan bread that accompanied it was warm and crispy, just what I needed to complete my Indian cuisine experience! Finally on to the Chinese cuisine with a variety of roasted duck to sam chan to fish accompanied by hoison sauce, the fish was absolutely flaky and tender and the roasted duck and sam chan had the ultimate crispy skin making each bite worth the time and money spent! The service was an absolute success with waiter and waitress alike checking up on our culinary experience repeatedly but not too often, asking whether the taste was to our liking and how the night was, absolutely essential to complete a perfect night! After sating my cuisine desires, I went to the dessert section and to my amazement, there were a magnificent selection of ice cream flavor and toppings to go with it! Through the tastings, I can identify that each ice cream was handmade, not store bought and each flavor wasn't achieved through artificial flavoring but through using various ingredients that had the actual flavor of each ice cream flavor, which makes it so much rewarding and satisfying just enjoying the pallet-cleansing delights and refreshing taste it carries! The desserts were very intrigued, simple desserts with a blend of flavors to achieve lots of very balanced desserts! The chocolate mousse was one of the many desserts that caught my attention through the amazing technique of tempering the chocolate to achieve an absolutely amazing shine and gloss on the outside and an amazingly bittersweet chocolate flavor balanced by a nice and soft pudding on the inside. The creme brulee was excellent as well with a selection of vanilla, pistachio and other flavors. The texture of each creme brulee were incredibly soft and no holes inside each creme and the brulee was spot on to give a sufficient burnt flavor to counter the sweetness of the creme, an absolute harmony of flavors! Other desserts include brownies, tiramisu, chocolate cakes, panacottas, macaroons, various chinese desserts that'll literally make you squeal in delight! For those of you whose pallets haven't had enough of the sweet delights, Mulia provides you with the Mulia Deli selling various desserts and breads. I had little time so I only tasted its cheesecake, a very fragrant, fluffy and light cheesecake assumed non-baked with a light crust on the bottom, blueberry topping and a pudding to balance out sweetness, acidity and crunch with a more dairy taste!

I've yet to bear witness to Mulia Resort at its entirety since we had only a few hours and didn't stay the night there, but the few hours we had there made us wanting to come back quickly, and this time stay for a considerably long time to enjoy the resort at its finest! However, I dare say that the food and desserts are extravagant, avant garde and an absolute pleasure to enjoy! Before I go abroad to dive deeper into the culinary world and won't be back in a while, I would really like to visit the Mulia Resort one more time to completely experience what this glamorous resort has to offer both in its entire service of resorts, villas and facilities and also more into the culinary it has to offer, seeing as a lot of restaurants are opening soon and that I haven't tasted all the deli has to offer! It is absolutely worth the returning trip and I hope to return to this resort soon!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Busan, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I've been travelling to bali many times before but always had great time and this trip with my husband was more than perfect I may say, it's becasue of MULIA. I heard about a lot of things about Mulia before, but before my trip, I couldn't image how beautiful it is.

My English is not so good so it's difficult to find perfect word to describe my stay at Mulia bali.
So amazing! Beautiful architecture and all details of decoration and this was what i was expected as luxury resort. I asked staff and they informed me it's 6 stars grade.. I don't think so. IT SHOULD BE 7 stars!!!!
Previous my bali trip at was ok, good resort but not great food, or tasty food but not professional staffs.. but MULIA was so perfect in facility, professional & kind staffs, great food and beautiful beach. All pictures which i took at Mulia resort, it's so dorable even without any make up, my husband said. :-)

I already so miss my time at mulia resort, specially restaurants : soleil (just in front of beach) - recommend to book in advance and the cafe. The cafe was no. 1 international buffet dining i ever tried before. so yummy!!!!!

I already recommend to many of my friends for next trip to Bali and myself also will definately stays at mulia, maybe I'll try the mulia this coming december.( i saw the picture of the mulia from website it's so... different and just front of beautiful beach.. ). And I want to say, before you experience, do not judge anything because that's what I experience from mulia. NOW I'm BIG FAN of YOU

Room Tip: so comfortable bed and their linen & pillow, I want to buy if possible. if mulia hotel read my w...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

Hotel : despite of bad comments on the web (Tripavisor, Booking.com, …), the Mulia hotel provided a very good level of services. Staff is care of customers and listened to our needs. Security is specially emphasized at the entrance and even on the beaches behind the hotel, not only during the days but even nights. Restaurant is quite big, clear and atmosphere is pleasant for customers with a large choice of dishes. Many specialties (Chinese, Indonesia, Japanese, Indian) are offered to a buffet All-you-can-eat.
The room is very good (I’m Business man so I knew a large range of hotels, such as Sofitel, Hilton in Paris or London, …when I said this one is good, it’s really good).
Some things I regretted :
• there is no free wifi internet in the room. If you want to use, they charged you 24 USD/day even for 30’ of need of every night to check your professional emails. However they allow you to use free wifi internet at the Business center. Most of high level hotel in ASIA is internet free.
• I think that I should have a room with view on ocean. Actually I’ve got a ocean-view-corner room, that means that I have to get out to the balcony to see the ocean.
• Another point not important but I mentioned anyway : the hotel is too big so that you have to walk quite far from one point to another (however it’s good for health). From your room to the restaurant, or to the lobby you can be lost. After diner, you can have a walk to the beach, long enough for the digestion.
• The hotel is far from the airport. Owing to the road projects, traffic jam is unavoidable. For your way back, forecast minimum 2 hours if you don’t want to be stuck in the traffic.

Even with all this points, I recommend to other tourists this hotel.

Room Tip: Look for a room with sea view
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Was there and was overwhelmed by the opulence...spacious and beautiful. If you are looking at spending time with vast spaces, this is the place for you. It is humongous and very new. It takes awhile to get use to initially but before you know it, it settles in... and the staff in ZJs were extremely hospitable. I would like to point one out who went beyond her call of duty...that is DESY.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Mulia Resort? Share your experiences!