“Opulence At The Finest” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mulia Resort

You added Mulia Resort to your Saves list
Mulia Resort
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Raya Nusa Dua Selatan | Kawasan Sawangan, Nusa Dua, Bali 80363, Indonesia   |
Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Singapore, Singapore
“Opulence At The Finest”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Was there and was overwhelmed by the opulence...spacious and beautiful. If you are looking at spending time with vast spaces, this is the place for you. It is humongous and very new. It takes awhile to get use to initially but before you know it, it settles in... and the staff in ZJs were extremely hospitable. I would like to point one out who went beyond her call of duty...that is DESY.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed with my family for 3 nights. After a week in Ubud, we decided to choose Nusa Dua area for beach holiday avoiding the overly crowded Seminyak. This is our 3rd time to Bali and we just could not get enough exploring this paradise island.
We loved every minutes of our stay. Personally, this resort has amazed us. We enjoyed the delicious meals in cafe and restaurant by the beach, Soleil. My wife loves a quiet beach, where she could relax, reading and not disturbed by local sellers like in seminyak etc. I like the huge main pool. My daughter enjoyed her time in mulia kids, lots of games and even computer. She spent lots of time in kids pool too, its really cater and designed for children, water fountain etc. not like other resort that provide small kids pool, mulia's kids pool is quite large.
All in all, I could only say good thing about this resort, the service and luxurious facilities are to die for and we'll definitely go back. Thank you Mulia for such an amazing stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in Royal Suite, it is recommended if you come with a child. Sofa can be converted into sof...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I just stayed a weekend at Mulia Resort and the one thing I can say about it that it was a great experience.

After the warm welcome at the entrance of the resort we were escorted to our room. What a pleasant surprise it was to discover the spacious room we would stay for the night. The balcony proved to be a comfortable place to have a quick drink before we would explore the resort: The Skybar, the two restaurants and, of course, the infinity pool including the largest poolbar I have ever seen.

At night we endulged ourselves at The Cafe, the space looks a bit empty, maybe that needs a littlebit more coziness, other than the buffet that was full with gorgeous food to choose from.

Mulia offers the high standard in food, staff and hospitality that I hoped for and even exceeded my expectations. I can easily recommend anyone looking for true hospitality and excellent service to stay at Mulia Bali.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The resort is amazing the stylish design the quality furnishings allotropy 5 star. From my arrival to my departure it was truly a fab stay. The warm welcome my luggage being whisked away and sent to the room. The friendly staff at check in

The rooms are spacious, clean and very comfortable, all the details taken care of. The bed was awesome, loved the comfy slippers and robes. The bathroom was fantastic and all the amenities were provided.

My turndown in the evening inviting me to jump into that comfy bed!

I had drinks in the lobby when asked my room number on delivery of the drinks the staff used my name - a great surprise, in fact use of guest name is superb and they make every effort to do so. The mojitos were great and 2 for the price of 1 even better.

The security at the entrance gate very pleasant and polite. All the staff were great. Had the opportunity to be shown around by the executive housekeeper Ramil very knowledgable thanks.

The breakfast was great a nice selection - would suggest a brief overview of where items are on the buffet stations would make it easier to find things. Staff very attentive, friendly and professional.

Pool was amazing, the staff so great, greeting me by name as I swam to the bar a true delight. All the areas are clean and well maintained, even thought it is still a new hotel the works going on are not intrusive.

The deli was great loved the deserts and great coffee, staff friendly and helpful.

Check out was smooth, professional, was nice as later in the day reception staff recognized me and used my name very impressive.

Housekeeping staff assisted me in the lobby, she was cleaning the floor and saw I was looking for the restrooms, she stopped what she was doing and escorted me to them. Sorry did not manage to get her name.

Overall the staff are all superb the only small comment would be security some are friendly and helpful others are can make you feel like they are watching you a bit too closely.

Hope you will get signage soon as this was lacking, and missed the spa but am sure it will come.

Thank you for a great stay, it was fantastic. CS

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

My husband & I have gone to Bali a few times & stayed at different hotels. I don't think it's a big deal that it doesn't have a "Balinese" feel as all the other hotels have that. This hotel is something different & it stands out from the rest. The design was so beautiful. Can anyone tell me who the designer is? Since the architecture is open air, I felt sorry for the staff who had to wipe the floors when it rained but I still appreciate the openness of the architecture. Yes there are a lot of security, but in this day in age, we all could use them. We didn't mind the security as much but I do agree that there are too many staff watching the guests at the pool area. The food was excellent as there are so many choices. I can understand why the lines are always long. I think that the wait was worth it. I believe that the food there is the best on the island. ZJ's was very entertaining & the drinks were delicious. The service staff was on top of things & the managers were friendly. I wish there were more outlets in the bathroom of our room because my husband couldn't plug in his electric razor to shave. But overall, we were very happy & impressed with the hotel.

Room Tip: View of the pool is the best room
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I must say I was impressed staying in this resort and really enjoyed it. I stayed in for a week in December till early January. I have been traveling to many places and nothing can beat this. Yes, it is new but when I arrived after a long flight I was welcomed by a genuine staff, escorted to my room and explained about the room. They look very professional. Signature room that I stayed is huge (57 sqm), with huge bathroom, separate shower and bathtub...plus automatic toilet :-). Amenities is very comprehensive too. Balcony is wide and spacious, when you open the window, you even have this super spacious balcony. Coming from the winter climate, it was a nice changing of fresh air. The bed is super comfortable. As someone who always complain about neck problem, I found the pillow is very soft and suits perfectly.
I tried their cafes and again it is the most comprehensive buffet breakfast I have ever seen, from Asia to Western, you will be spoiled with lots of choices here. Try bit by bit so at least you try them all ;-)
I have friends came over and we went to Cascade Lounge and it was so relaxing, breathtaking view from outdoor sofas. You will feel like you weren't in Nusa Dua but some other part of Bali. Then I tried some Italian foods as well in Soleil. A must try, I really recommend.
What I like the most is the pool, Infinity pool with beautiful and clean beach. The pool is so big with big statues as decoration, simply amazing. Beach is quiet and you will get your privacy there.
I dont mind with their rules here as rules is there to maintain this resort. If you have traveled to some other parts of the world, you will even experience stricter rule than this.
Mulia Resort is definitely highly recommend. Its service is impeccable, the genuine balinese staff which famous with their hospitable service plus the luxurious products are something that you must experience when you travel to Bali.

Room Tip: Room with a view to ocean court is the best.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I want to thank everybody who work in this hotel. I was travelling in January for 7 days. Understand that the hotel is newly open. But, they are working very hard to made my stay very special and memorable. I will definitely recommend Mulia to all my friends here in Australia.

It would be wrong to say anything bad or negative about Mulia, as showns in several comments before. I made several of personal contact with staff at reception, they are all excellent people.

I went to their buffet restaurant called The Cafe. Quality of food is excellent, service is top notch. I went to Soleil - their beach restaurant for 3 days in a row. Everything is fabolous.

Will come back again to Mulia Bali

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
phaditama, Hotel Management at Mulia Resort, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear AI P

Greetings from The Mulia, Mulia Resort & Villas – Nusa Dua, Bali!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Resort and for sharing your wonderful experience. It is great to learn that you have enjoyed your stay as much as we enjoyed having you and your loved one staying with us. We truly appreciate your comments about our quality of product and service, which we will surely share with all our team of dedicated staff. We are also delighted that you have had the chance to explore our restaurants and enjoyed our chefs’ authentic creations at The Cafe and Soleil. We hope you had the chance to also try Soleil’s extraordinary Sunday Brunch with free flow wine while you were here.

Thank you once again, and we are very much looking forward to welcome you back again in the near future.

Sincerely
The management.

Been to Mulia Resort? Share your experiences!