“Great experience at Mulia” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mulia Villas

You added Mulia Villas to your Saves list
Mulia Villas
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Raya Nusa Dua Selatan | Kawasan Sawangan, Nusa Dua, Bali 80363, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
STAY 3 PAY 2
Ranked #1 of 44 Hotels in Nusa Dua
New Delhi, India
“Great experience at Mulia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I stayed for three nights at Mulia Villas and my experience is really remarkable. I must appreciate the humbleness, service promptness and the incomparable etiquettes of the entire staff and crew. The butlers especially the Gafour and Harish were very nice. It is definitely one of the best property that I stayed in. World class ambience and location. SPA is very nice with trained therapists and wonderful amenities. It surely has the capabilities of being listed on top in the list of best luxury properties in the world. While you leave, all the staff saying bye to you, each passing by staff greets you… simply overwhelming. The other side of the experience is that it is a bit expansive and inflexible in their offers/plans. The food variety in Café restaurant which is for normal resort rooms is much more than the limited variety available for the Lounge and Living room which are especially made for Villa guests. Very surprising!! They charge even for the calls that did not go through. Their exchange rate is higher than the normal rates. But overall one can surely visit Mulia Villas for an out of the world luxury vacation.

Room Tip: One can take ocean view Mulia Suites, if not very particular about having swimming pool inside the v...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
The M, Manager at Mulia Villas, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Raj2021,

Thank you for choosing Mulia Villas Nusa Dua Bali and taking time to share your comments with us. We are delighted that you were impressed with both our facilities and services. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

The Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

The experience of my three night stay at Mullia Villas in Nusa Dua was just astounding. I had to extend another three night with the special offer that they gave. I can vouch and say that Mulia Villas is easily the best hotel there is in Bali as advertised. They certainly deserve the social media exposure that they have been enjoying.

I have never found a hotel crew that are more friendly and capable of serving only top quality services. I would definitely visit back Mulia Villas if i ever have another family/business trip to Bali. I would certainly encourage anyone to try their stay in Mulia Villas for a better and more enjoyable vacation / trip :).

Room Tip: Mulia Villa One Bedroom with Ocean View with a more elevated areas.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
The M, Manager at Mulia Villas, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear DelvinTanputra,

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

We stayed here before moving on to The Laguna. As everyone reports, the Mulia Villas is new, sparkling clean and very modern. Alas, this left us feel cold and sterile--like we were staying in a high priced apartment complex. There was very little "Balinese" about it and little use of traditional wood. It could have been in Tokyo and, indeed, reminded me of some outstanding hotels in Tokyo and Singapore. Sadly, it isn't Bali. I wouldn't return for this reason.

Room Tip: All are nice. No need to go for anything special, as you will like what you get.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I've chosen Mulia based on TA review and extraordinary amount of its recent social media exposure.

Been stayed at several Luxury resorts in Bali not once, not twice but many times, I was not putting my hope up high. However Mulia really impressed not myself also mum who visited Bali first time.

We stayed in a ocean view villa up higher and without too much noise which is just what Mum wanted. This is a great choice if you are taking your parents who does not want a jam packed itinerary or touring activities. The villa and resort area is huge you can either stay in your villa or explore a bit further towards the resort and beach area.

Our two butlers are extremely helpful and very attentive with just enough privacy. They have helped with getting the perfect day tour, arranging express airport services etc. Mum being a vegetarian and myself being gluten free has had a lot of choices of food and drink.

If I really have to fault on one thing it would have to be the display and check out pricing. I booked the stay based on USD online, and was given an express check out summary in USD the day before check out. However, the actual final invoice was in Rupiah and then convert USD in card transaction...a bit of confusion and would have been better in a unified currency.

Room Tip: Ocean view villa
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

The M, Manager at Mulia Villas, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Natalie X,

Thank you very much for your generous compliments and for taking the time to share your holiday experience. We are much honored to have received such a positive review and it has been a pleasure to have you as our guest. Your comment will be shared to the team and we hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back to Mulia Villas – Nusa Dua, Bali in the not too distant future again.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

I have stayed in many hotels around the world and the Mulia is a total experience in every way. We stayed in a pool villa and were treated like royalty and the butler service staff are the best. Staff and experience excellent

Room Tip: The villas excellent. The Mulia pool lagoon access fantastic. The resort excellent of families and h...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

The M, Manager at Mulia Villas, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Andrea C,

Perth, Western Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Let me just start by saying that we decided upon this resort and more importantly the villas based purely on the positive reviews by the Tripadvisor community.
From our initial third party booking to our checkout there was little at all to fault, really nothing at all.
We booked our transport direct with the resort and it was on time and with the exact model of vehicle we pre-selected to be transported by. This was very clean and very professional driver. I have personally been to Bali over 20 X and this was the best transport I have had to and from a hotel.
Upon check-in (arrival 11.30am) we were informed that our villa was not yet ready (unfortunately) and we opted to grab some lunch from the Living Room. Very secluded and only available to villa guests. Service was great, yet expensive for even Bali (but we expected this across the calibre of accommodation). When staying in the Villa's you can choose to have your breakfast and afternoon tea here or at the Lounge which is located in the suite wing by the beach and is for sole use of only suite or villa guests. The Lounge was our favourite and the service levels of the staff here in my opinion were by far the best of what was already a pretty high level across the resort. I must make special mention of "Surya", the fantastic server and overall good guy that waited upon us on several occasions at The Lounge - ( I hope I have spelt his name right). I will go as far to say that he gave my wife and I the most professional and genuine service I have ever received, at ANY HOTEL, ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. This is your superstar employee and all that dine at The Lounge should hope they get him. This takes nothing away from the generally fantastic service others talk about.
I will point out though that whilst we visited the resort section of the hotel I noticed a very apparent difference in the level of this service, now although good in the resort it is far superior in all aspects at The Lounge and The Living Room. Others may differ but it was apparent to us and worth noting for those that look for the best of the best.
Our vone bedroom villa we was given was by all accounts the best ocean view villa they have and it was comparable to any excellent resort suite we have stayed in Bali. The stand out was the spa, with the bigger than normal pool, the fantastic automated toilet (yes, I mentioned the toilet) and the excellent butler service we received from both Lukky and Ardi. The English spoken by the both of them was excellent and made for easy communication.
The one thing and it is minor is that we felt the restaurants were not as good as the rest of the resort. What I mean is that for this resort they should have restaurants that better communicate dress standards and not allow children to play video games at loud volumes in their signature restaurants (this happened at both Edogin and Solei). It was obvious couples and small groups were also not amused. These restaurants are expensive and I know it is a resort but having people unaware and wearing suits etc on one table trying to enjoy the ambience of such a wonderful resort and then have people whom I agree are there to relax dining in shorts, thongs and t-shirts is proof that communication of dress code does not translate well.
The only other negative was that our last night was Table 8 opening night (this is the Chinese restaurant) and we were expecting a fitting finale to our stay with a nice meal, but it felt like we were in Sizzler. On opening night you expect a few issues but when we went to order after looking at the comprehensive menu for nearly 15 mins we did not expect our server to come back and say that the pork belly would not be available on that particular set (even though it was listed as a signature dish). We opted to leave at that time and try Solei for a more relaxing ambience but unfortunately although better was not perfect. The food, the service was good, albeit pricey as I mentioned earlier.
Also, ringing room service we encountered a few communication issues when I wanted to order a drink off the menu. I wanted a Pina Colada presented in a coconut but after numerous calls and time waiting simply gave up and requested just a Pina Colada in a glass as this was easier. Maybe this was just a communication error but maybe after three attempts they could have gone to a supervisor or manager with better English - anyhow minor and didn't affect our wonderful stay, but is a valid point to make if you are attempting to order anything off the menu.
The grounds are wonderful and can 100% declare that this property is wonderful and has all the ingedients to make this the number #1 place to stay whilst in Bali. Far better than the St.Regis, W, Bulgari, Four Seasons, Chedi, Ayana etc - if considering these - stay here and you will not be disappointed with your decision.
I almost forgot:) The Spa - it is very nice, good treatment rooms etc but is very expensive, probably the most expensive we have seen in Bali, Thailand, Japan, Hong Kong actually anywhere.

Room Tip: Get the Ocean View Villa #5321 for the best view.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
The M, Manager at Mulia Villas, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Hollywood1973,

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the pool villa and were greeted and treated like the whole resort was ours and made for us only. We have been to Italy, Spain, Dubai, Greece and many other countries and always stayed at the best hotels. A service and a resort like this we have never seen. They call it the Mulia experience. Thank you Hadi, Putra, Trishna and all of the staff of the other properties as well.

We liked the experience so much that we cut our 4 nights in Ubud short to go back. And this is where it changed for us! We did not like the jungle environment and felt the four seasons at Sayan was not as clean as it should be for a (very expensive) 5 star hotel. We went back. We wanted to stay another 3 nights at Mulia maybe the resort or the beachfront suites this time. We drove back from Ubud and upon arrival, looked for the familiar faces we left just a day and a half ago but found none. We were told there is another manager named Jason who will help us. We spoke to Jason, described the situation and that we left the four seasons for another three nights at Mulia. We asked him that since our stay at the previous hotel was non refundable and the fact that we chose Mulia from the hundreds of hotels across Bali to return to (on the same trip!) that maybe this (the situation not us) deserves a special rate. We would have taken any form of appreciation or a welcome back treatment.

Unfortunately, we were greeted like unwanted outsiders and were treated like peasants asking for charity. It is not about the money. I left US $1000 per night at four seasons. They even offered us the best villa category at their other beach resort near the airport. If I was looking to save money I would have stayed at Sayan or have taken their offer and moved to the other four seasons. I refused as I was looking for Mulia and the Mulia experience. We were expecting a warm welcome but instead found a robotic, ice-cold and a careless manager who gave us the same rate found on their website but tried to present it as a special rate and then had the nerve to tell us to go to other hotels if we didn't like it!
Not even a smile. No apologies and zero empathy. It is never what we can afford, we stay and rent the best only regardless of the cost. However, it is all about the value and the service.

If you are lucky you will have the best hotel experience in the world. If you meet this guy, you won't.
Good luck!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Mulia Villas? Share your experiences!