“Average hotel with superb breakfast” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Mercure Bali Nusa Dua

You added Mercure Bali Nusa Dua to your Saves list
Mercure Bali Nusa Dua
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Nusa Dua Selatan | Lot SW 03, Nusa Dua, Bali 80363, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
Stay & Win!
Ranked #33 of 44 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Sidoarjo, Indonesia
“Average hotel with superb breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed in Mercure Hotel Nusa Dua for one night only so I didn't experience much. Anyway, here it goes!

The hotel's location is moderate. You can have yourself picked up by the shuttle bus to Bali Collection (approx 5-10 minutes) but looks like the beach takes a further distance.

The room is quite clean. It doesn't take much for me to say that something is clean but their room is clean enough for me. The only downside is that I encountered 2 roaches the night I entered my room. Both in 5 minutes. No big deal for me, I just shooed them out ( I hope they didn't get into the other rooms).

Service was okay. The hotel has a swimming pool but I didn't get the chance to use it. There's not much to see here from and inside the hotel.

The best thing about the hotel is its breakfast. I also had a dinner at the hotel but they really splurge on breakfast. Bacons, fruits, bread, porridge, juice... Satisfying! Just note that there are 2 rates for this hotel: with and without breakfast. By the time I stayed here, breakfast cost around Rp 100.000 or $10-14 while the lowest room rate I booked is $45-50.

Price to experience value is average overall.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Peter S, General Manager at Mercure Bali Nusa Dua, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Blueinferno2001,

Thank you for taking the time for your comments posted on Tripadvisor.

I have taken note of your constructive comments specifically regarding the insects you found in your room. As such we use a third party for the pest control which takes place several times per week in the various areas of the property. I will further investigate this matter to ensure future guest swill not experience a similar inconvenience.

Further, I would like to thank you for your remarks concerning the breakfast which I have passed on the the kitchen team.

I hope we can welcome you again upon your next visit to Bali.

Peter Stolk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We had a very enjoyable stay at the Mercure, Nusa Dua. We stayed for 2 weeks and it was in an excellent position for our needs. The hotel is only 12 months old - consequently everything was very clean and in good order. The rooms were rather small. Would have liked some more cupboard space. We could not completely unpack our suitcases. We were on the ground floor overlooking the pool - an extremely hot area. Our verandah was very small and had to be careful not fall off the steps down. Maybe these could be levelled out a bit. The hotel had a courtesy bus to their beach - but for us it was in walking distance if we so wished - took about 20 minutes. The local shopping centre - Bali Collection also had a courtesy bus. A nice centre - with shops and plenty of restaurants. The beach and Bali Collection are near to each. The staff were very friendy and obliging. Nothing seemed too much effort for them. Our room was cleaned very well. Obviously - being a new hotel - there are a few things to sort out - but we did enjoy our stay and in another couple of years the gardens should look wonderful

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Peter S, General Manager at Mercure Bali Nusa Dua, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to describe your recent stay at Mercure Nusa Dua.

We were delighted to see that you had en enjoyable 2 week holiday and that the services lived up to your expectation.

I have taken note of your comments regarding additional cupboard space and the fact that the steps on the terrace should be slightly leveled out.

Further, I have passed on your kind comments to all relevant staff and a copy is available on the staff notice board.

We hope to welcome you once again in the future, meanwhile I remain.

Jakarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed for two nights, and was pleasantly surpised. Beautiful gardens and nice pool, brand new hotel, rooms are not very big, but modern, very clean and minimalist which I like. The hotel caters to both holiday makers and business people.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Sneekie,

Thank you for your concise positive description of Mercure Nusa Dua which as such sums it all up.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future, meanwhile I remain.

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

August 2013 - travelled from Canada and were looking for VERY CLEAN (and not overly pricey) hotels. We would highly recommend Mercure Hotel! :)

PROS:
-beautiful swimming pool (nicest that we had in Bali!)
-great bedroom
-comfy bed
-awesome shower head
-great toiletries
-nice tv (which is good to have, as there is not much to do at night)
-beautiful balcony with good views of green grass and/or pool
-good breakfast if you buy it with your package
-VERY clean with no bugs
-very friendly staff

CONS:
-a 10 minute shuttle to beach (but it's a private beach). Hotel offers shuttle every hour
-decent hotel restaurant but pricey, no other restaurant options nearby (but this is like any resort)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Peter S, General Manager at Mercure Bali Nusa Dua, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Dear Travel G,

Thank you for sending your review of your recent stay to TripAdvisor.

On behalf of all the staff I would like to thank you for your kind comments which we have posted on our staff notice board.

I have taking note of your remarks regarding the beach transport and the limited restaurant facilities which we will put in review with the team.

Looking forward to welcoming you once again at your next visit to Bali.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We arrived a bit early but were shown straight to our rooms without any problems. Nice rooms, clean and well appointed. Balcony with view across the front area of the Hotel. Beautiful pool with day beds out over the water. My grandchildren were very impressed. We had breakfast there each morning which was very nice. Lunch a couple of times and there was no problem bringing the food to us at the pool. Nothing was too much trouble and the staff were very friendly and happy, remembering your name. I am sure we will return to this Hotel.

Room Tip: Maybe request a room away from the reception area, with groups coming and going that could get noisy...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Peter S, General Manager at Mercure Bali Nusa Dua, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Lesley Y,

Thank you for your review posted on Tripadvisor.

We were delighted to see you had an enjoyable stay, the grand kids had a great time at the pool besides that you all enjoyed our services.

I have passed on your kind comments to the staff and we look forward to welcoming you again upon your next visit to Bali.

Peter Stolk

Been to Mercure Bali Nusa Dua? Share your experiences!