“Loved the pool” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Bali

Save Saved
You added Conrad Bali to your Saves list
Conrad Bali
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Pratama 168 | Tanjung Benoa, Nusa Dua, Bali 80363, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
Save up to 20% off
Ranked #10 of 42 hotels in Nusa Dua
New Delhi
“Loved the pool”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2009

We went to Bali for new years and stayed at the conrad mainly because all the other hotels were booked out. The Conrad is a great hotel, with all 5 star facilities and amenities. We were pleasantly surprised by the accommodation and quality of service. The only negative aspect about the hotel is that it is not in the main down town area where all the action (nightlife, restaurants) are located. The Conrad is more like a large self-sufficient resort. So it would be great for families with children, honeymooners and couples, family holidays or for the elderly. Its a great hotel for anyone that wants a relaxing trip at a 5 star hotel thats is right on the beach. But if you want to party and have a great time in bali or have teenage kids then this hotel is probably inconvenient due to its location.

The rooms were beautiful and well furnished, well services and the toiletries were very nice. The Conrad is definitely a luxury hotel and lives up to its standard. The private beach access makes it particularly attractive.

• Liked — the rooms and the pool area
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

1,778 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2009

My husband and I went to the Conrad in Bali to celebrate our 1 year wedding anniversay. We had spent our honeymoon at the Conrad in the Maldives (which is completely amazing), and were wondering how this would compare. It was very different, but we had a wonderful time and will definitely return.

We were upgraded to a suite which was larger than our condo. It was beautiful. And they left us a bottle of champagne for our anniversary. As part of the Conrad Suites, we had breakfast, afternoon tea, and evening cocktails included. They were all amazing and could easily be enough food for the entire day. The pool at the Suites was very nice too.

The main part of the hotel was gorgeous. The lagoon pool was huge and actually has sand in some parts - like a beach. We were lucky enough to get beach bales the 2 days we spent at the beach and they were amazing.

We did a day trip to Ubud with a driver from the hotel. Very reasonably priced and was a great experience. However, one bad thing was the tourist trap he took us to for lunch. It overlooked the volcano and had a great view, but the food was terrible and there were flies everywhere. I would recommend going to see the volcano and getting pictures, but asking to eat elsewhere. We also did one of the hotel's bike tours one morning. We didn't go at the time in the brochure, but were able to pick our own time. We went through the town on Nusa Dua - it was a great experience and only cost about $9 USD. One thing to be aware of though is that on the way back, you'll be on the main road with the cars and motorbikes. I found it to be quite scary.

We ate dinner at the hotel each night. The food was amazing and very reasonably priced. We mostly ate at the main restaurant where there was a Balinese show every night. The last night we had the Balinese Duck. It was delicious! I highly recommend it. My husband and I ate almost the whole thing between the 2 of us it was so good!

All in all, I can't say enough nice things about the Conrad. The service was great, the hotel was beautiful, and everything was just wonderful. As has been stated before, there is not a lot of nightlife, so if that is your thing, this might not be the best place for you. However, if you just want to spend time with the people that you are there with and relax, this is the place!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Tokyo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2009

I just returned home from a long weekend in Bali where me, my wife & mom stayed at the Conrad. What an incredible experience! All of the staff went out of their way to accomodate our every request, and my wife mentioned to one of the staff members that it was my birthday. That night, I received a birthday cake in my room with a birthday card personally signed by the General Manager of the hotel, Michael Burchett. What a nice touch that was totally unexpected. I tried to thank him personally, but unfortunately he was out of the hotel on business. So, Michael, although this is a little impersonal, thank you for the card and cake and for the superbly managed hotel.

The hotel and grounds are amazing from the perspective of the architecture, building materials, layout, furniture, and incredible water features all over the property. The pool was so gorgeous and understated and was unlike anything I had ever see before. You have to see it to understand what I'm referring to.

Everywhere we went, the staff knew our names. I generally prefer boutique hotels for a more personal feel , so the Conrad as a fairly large resort gets it right. The couple of staff we asked how long they had worked at the Conrad, they both replied since the resort opened (~5 years). You can generally feel the job satisfaction because everyone we interacted with were friendly and wanted to get to know the guests.

I would like to especially recognize one of the drivers on staff, Sigit. We hired a car the Saturday we were there and he was our driver. He was as friendly and accommodating to our whims as he could be. We wanted to stop at one of the roadside locations to taste the locally grown coffee. He pulled into a really neat place that had cocoa trees, coffee plants, kiwi trees, cinammon trees, etc. and they were roasting coffee beans by hand. Make sure and try the Kopi Luwak.

This is my first posting to TripAdvisor, but I wanted to ensure that my experience at this resort does not go undocumented. I would definitely stay here again, and again, and again. Thanks again, Michael, for running a tight ship!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
nottinghamshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2009

We stayed for eight nights at the beginning of November. The hotel itself is outstanding. Maintained to an impeccable standard. And the staff are probably the most attentive, without being over powering, I've encountered.
Arrival and departure was easy, no queuing at a desk, relax at a table with a cold flannel while they book you in, and check out is as easy.
Our room was impressive, lots of dark wood and marble floors, massive bath and a walk in shower, balcony with a drying rack, and a lounger, it was huge.
Hotel was well planned, lots of black marble and not so much air conditioning, fresh air from all of the open doors. Outdoor areas and the 24 hour pool were immaculate.
The food offered from breakfast to dinner was always perfect.
The hotel was realtively quiet while we were there but with the organisation and dedication of the staff I doubt it would matter if they were full to the rafters, I'm sure it would still be excellent.
We would definatley go again, just a shame its so far away...

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2009

I am writing this review as I on my second trip at the Conrad Bali. I went there first last week for seven nights with my good friend, then could not stop thinking about it, so I went back again, where I checked in last night, this time for 12 nights.

I have a flexible work schedule and can work anywhere in the world, and I think I have decided to call the Conrad Bali my second home. I love it. Everything is beautiful. I generally cannot sleep very well, but being at the Conrad makes me sleep so well, to the point that I feel it might be a problem. There are these amazing king size beds "bales" right on the beach that the minute I lie down on it, I snooze within 5 minutes; my friend laughs at me each time. We say we get paralyzed in those beds!

I think the food is my only complaint. I do not really like Indonesian food, which really is a bummer; it might be really good, but I find it not. So i stick with the Western and Japanese food at the restaurants, which are expensive, but worth. The Japanese restaurant is amazing, but expensive, $100 USD per meal, which can be costly if you are staying for two weeks. The hamburger at the poolside is the best in the world, and I generally think of hamburgers as hurricane food.

The pool area is great, the biggest i have seen, and really gorgeous. Only problem is that the water is warm, which is a bummer. i wish the hotel had some kind of water cooling system to make it cooler. I feel like I am swimming in a a semi-jacuzzi. But whatever.

Service is excellent, can't complain, except in the lobby, where I go to every night to use the internet, the servers are a little pushy at getting me to order a drink. If i am just coming from dinner, I am just simply too full to drink or eat anything else, just want to listen to the music and use internet b/c room internet is real expensive. I feel firmly that I have the right to sit in the lobby whenever I want without the pressure of ordering a drink. But I also need to be assertive, so you have to be if you feel pressured.

There is a pool manager who is super friendly. First time we had lunch at the pool, my princess friend did not like her pizza, and we complained. I think I said the pizza was intolerable. The manager replaced the food and gave us free desserts. Very nice, and he was very funny to talk to.

I found the people working there to be unattractive, which is kind of a shocker. I do think for a hotel of this nature, they should select better looking people. Is this too much to ask? Maybe? But one can hope.

The gym is wonderful, if you can get your lazy self from beach to treadmill. One issue is that the steam room is not always on, you have to let them know in advance that you are coming so they can turn it on. kind of annoying, but I guess environmentally good.

I simply love this place despite my complaints. I do generally like perfection, and I guess things cannot always be perfect! Conrad comes pretty close, however.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
South Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2009

The resort is so beautiful, the staff excellent, the pool amazing and like bath water, the foliage is amazing and the scents from the flowers float in the air. The service and food excellent, we had club lounge access and never needed to pay for a meal it was so amazing! We booked a trip with a driver through the hotel, dinner at Kuta Beach at KuDaTa... an absolute must do at sunset... it gets crowded so go early and grab a sofa beach side, the sunset goes on and on and I must have taken hundreds of pictures of it as it changes moment by moment, purples, blue, yellows, orange. Like nothing we have ever seen, and we are pretty well traveled. You will see the rice fields on the way, breathtaking! Our driver and all of their staff were excellent, so pleasant and professional!
We only had four nights on our way to Thailand, but this stop was a highlight of our 24 day trip, the staff over the top, the setting absolutely perfect! Do not hesitate to book, if you are looking for serious R & R and beautiful surroundings this is the place and DO NOT miss Kuta Beach at sunset!!

• Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
Kobe
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

Enjoyed a week at the Conrad. Service was excellent. Grounds were beautiful and well maintained. Liked that there were plenty of umbrellas and chairs to go around. Club lounge was outstanding. English language skills of staff were above what we found at comparable resorts in Thailand and Malaysia. Food was not badly priced and was of good quality -- a hamburger actually tasted like a hamburger here.

If you are looking for a resort with a a little more action, perhaps this is not the place. If we had a complaint, it was that it was a bit dull and typically in the evening there were not that many families walking around. However, if you are looking for relaxation, service, and upscale accommodations, at an affordable price, then the Conrad is some place you should investigate.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Been to Conrad Bali? Share your experiences!