“luxury with peace and quiet - absolutely stunning” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Conrad Bali

Save Saved
You added Conrad Bali to your Saves list
Conrad Bali
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Pratama 168 | Tanjung Benoa, Nusa Dua, Bali 80363, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
Save up to 20% off
Ranked #10 of 42 hotels in Nusa Dua
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
“luxury with peace and quiet - absolutely stunning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

This hotel is magnificient. I couldn't find a thing to complain about - except having to go home.
Service is impeccable, beach gorgeous, people in Bali, the warmest and kindest ever, we also hired a wonderful guide/taxi driver, who took wonderful care of us on many day excursions all around this island.
When you arrive here, you are greeted with a champagne toast in the lobby overlooking the scenic pool/ ocean in front of you. Wait until you see your room, big enough for a party with 20 people, no joke. the washroom alone, you will never forget.
We didn't eat much in our hotel, our guide had selected out restaurants for us that were special as my daughter , whom i travelled with, is a vegetarian.
IF you stay here, do walk along the beach and see the honeymoon retreat next door. It will blow you away - stunning infinity pool, like no other and private suites on the beach. OMG.

Room Tip: we asked for ground level, and we got it. our own walk out patio, with a very short walk to the beac...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
ConradBaliManager, Manager at Conrad Bali, responded to this review, May 20, 2012
Dear Harriet M,

Greetings from Conrad Bali….

Thank you for your time sharing your positive feedback about Conrad Bali with Tripadvisor community.

We are delighted to know that you have had a wonderful experience in Bali while staying with us. Rooms in Conrad Bali are spacious, it starts from 45 square meters for Deluxe room type, 110 square meter for Conrad Suite and 130 square meters for Resort Suite room category.

The hotel is stretch with 350 meters of sandy beach, taking a walk on the beach during the sunrise like you have recommended is an awesome activity.

You kind comments will be passed on to our team and we are looking forward to welcoming you and your daughter back during your next trip to Bali

The Team at Conrad Bali.

1,777 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012 via mobile

It is everything you ever wanted for a vacation... Far away from the rowdy crowds, a peaceful
Slumber waking up to a delightful breakfast and followed by a swim in the pool. The hotel beach offers you complete privacy. Service is impeccable, the staff makes you feel utterly welcome. Something even better than a home
Away from home - A heaven away from
Home.

• Stayed May 2012
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Fortunately, the 2 night stay was a conference. Priced at about 350 bucks a night, I wouldn't consider it if I had to pay, for it myself. Nice place - but over priced for a location which hmmm...isnt the best beach spot on the strip.

Room Tip: Only if you get a discounted rate!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2012

our first time in Bali after many recommendations. the Conrad was chosen from the web and we couldn't have made a better choice, the facilities, the staff, the food, the service was all 6 star. nothing was too much trouble and was always given with that fabulous Bali smile. Thanks to every one for making our holiday and Anniversary so special.

Room Tip: We were fortunate to have a poolside ground floor, straight out of room to pool couldn't have be...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Coloma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

We recently spent two weeks at the Conrad in Bali. Every year, my wife and two daughters take a BIG vacation to an exotic location. We typically spend a few nights in a hotel at the beginning of our trip and then a few nights at the end of our trip. In the middle of our trip, we try and explore more of a particular region. This was our original plan in Bali as well.

From the moment we arrived at the Conrad, the service was amazing. I travel frequently on business and spend many nights a year in hotels, but this was the best I've seen. Every person at the hotel went out of their way to say hello, to remember our names, to remember our food and drink preferences and to genuinely treat us as someone special.

We enjoyed our first few days so much that we decided to continue our stay at the Conrad and spend the entire two weeks at the same hotel (something I've never done before).

The food and drink at the hotel was excellent. The Concierge staff helped us arrange a variety of trips and surf lessons throughout our stay and the staff shared some great suggestions about things to see and do while in Bali.

The grounds of the hotel are beautiful. The landscaping and architecture is soothing and relaxing. The sound of moving water feeds the soul.

I simply cannot say enough good about this place and Bali in general. For us, it was quite possibly the best vacation we've ever had.

thank you to the staff and management at the Conrad. It's a vacation we'll never forget.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
ConradBaliManager, Manager at Conrad Bali, responded to this review, May 6, 2012
Dear Marek_Robinson,

Greetings from Conrad Bali….

Thank you for sharing your kind comments about your recent stay with your family at Conrad Bali on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your two weeks vacation in Bali. Our main focus in Conrad Bali is to provide flawless service so guests could experience “the luxury of being yourself” vacation while staying with us and we are so thrilled that we could be part of your memory.

With a variety of tours the Concierge team can arrange, Conrad Bali is the perfect location for a combination of a relaxation holiday and to discover everything that Bali can possibly offer.

Your kind comments will be passed on to the rest of the team, and we are looking forward to welcoming you and your family again during your next trip to Bali.

The Team at Conrad Bali
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2012

My wife and I vised Bali from the US for our honeymoon and were very impressed by the Conrad:

Stay Details
- Stayed April 24 for 3 nights
- Stayed in ocean facing suite (in the main resort not the separate Conrad Suites wing)

Positives
- I cannot say enough good things about the service at this hotel. Every staff member I encountered was extremely friendly, courteous, prompt, and had a smile on their face. Their general disposition was incredibly friendly and really made my stay special. I stayed at several other hotels in Bali on this same trip - the staff at the Conrad was by far the best.
- Overall the feeling of the resort is very serene and tranquil.
- Onsite restaurants were excellent. I travel for a living and usually avoid hotel restaurants, but I found the Conrad restaurants (Eight Degrees South and Rin) to be excellent. If you have Hilton status or stay in the Conrad Suites wing, you will absolutely love the complimentary breakfast at Rin - it is amazing.
- Staff helped me plan my entire itinerary in advance via email from airport pickup to spa treatments to restaurant reservations to a romantic private beach dinner. This was much appreciated given the time zone difference with the US.
- Rooms appear recently renovated - upscale finishes, original art work, etc.
- On site spa was excellent and not overpriced for the services.
- Hotel arranged day trips (eg to Ubud) using their vehicles and personnel who were very knowledgeable about local sites.
- Gym is pretty nice - dumbells, some weight machines, class studio, and cardio machines with personnel TVs and headsets.
- Hotel offers many free activities onsite such as cooking class, massage class, etc during the day.
- Cleanliness of the resort was impeccable. Hotel had grounds crew picking up flower petals, fallen leaves, etc. several times per day.
- Received a complimentary upgrade from a Deluxe Garden Room to an Ocean View Suite due to my HHonors Diamond Status. Room was fantastic, but from what I saw all the rooms are very nice.
- Hotel has security at the main entrance similar to other resorts in the area.

Negatives
- Saw a about five ants in my room. However I was on the ground floor and left my sliding doors open a lot because I could literally walk onto the beach from my room. So the ants were probably my fault. I mentioned the ants to the housekeepers the next morning and they sprayed while I was out of the room - I didn't see any ants after that.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Irving, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

This was just an awesome experience and honeymoon in Bali. Arrived and the place just looked amazing. Everyone that works for the resort is super friendly and almost everyone greeted us as they walked past us daily. When we checked in, I was surprised when they said that they upgraded us to a Suite with ocean view. Got to the room and was very happy. It had a larger living area with balcony over looking one of the pools and ocean. Our room was very large with an extremely comfortable bed. Also had its own balcony and a chaise lounge built into the walls next to a large window overlooking the ocean and pool. My wife loved that chaise as it was super comfortable to lie on and read. The main bathroom was huge! Big bathtub, 2 sinks, and a good size shower. Only complaint is that there was a gap at the bottom of the shower door, so our bathroom mat was soaked every time we took a shower.

Breakfast every morning at Suku was amazing, and was complimentary for Hilton Honors members. We took advantage all 4 days we were there. It was probably the largest breakfast spread I had ever seen at a hotel. It had everything from Balinese cuisine to waffle/pancake/crepe station, where they would cook any of those with your choices of several toppings. Service was also excellent here, it seemed our glasses were hardly ever empty for more than a minute or two.

Gym was ok, spacious but not a ton of equipment. Also, disappointed that there wasn't really a locker room available. If I wanted to use the sauna after a workout, it was going to cost $15 or so at the Jiwa Spa. I was able to overlook this as everything else was going so well at the hotel. The pool was amazing. It seemed like there was pool/river that wrapped around most of the hotel. The main pool area was large and beautiful and surrounded by loungers and shaded cabanas. Great for my wife to swim laps in, and nice for me to lay out and get some sun.

We did notice the beach was a little small and that the swimming area was limited due to all the wave runners and boats speeding by. I had read about this previously, so we expected it to be that way and wasn't as disappointed. The location of the resort was also far away from many of the things we wanted to do, but they took care of us so well at the Conrad, that we skipped some of those things all together. Never got to surf at Kuta Beach, and I think the rice terraces would've been far from any of the resorts, but all-in-all, we were extremely happy with choosing the Conrad. It was very relaxing, and there are probably only a few other hotels where I have experienced such good hospitality (Hilton Beijing being one of them). I will recommend the Conrad to others going to Bali for a relaxing vacation.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mikemangino,

Greetings from Conrad Bali…

Thank you for sharing positive feedback about your recent stay at Conrad Bali with the TripAdvisor Community.

We are glad that you enjoyed our spacious and luxurious 90 SQM Ocean Suites, our delicious daily buffet breakfast, our 24 hours swimming pool and the services of our team.

Conrad Bali is situated in on the coast of Nusa Dua, well known as the water sport area in Bali, as well as a former fishing town and offering a variety of different activities within close distance to the hotel. Kuta could be reached only within 30 minutes and rice terraces in Ubud or Bedugul are within 60 – 90 minutes by car and our Concierge team will be more than delighted to arrange the transportation and touring for you and your wife.

Thank you for recommending Conrad Bali to your friends and family and we are looking forward to serving you again in the near future.

The Team at Conrad Bali

Been to Conrad Bali? Share your experiences!