We got off to a bad start when our room on the first night had a number of problems. The manager on the front desk next morning was most professional and showed the goodwill of the hotel so that the rest of our stay at the Grand Hyatt was memorable, in a lovely room in which the airconditioning and all the other features worked seamlessly. When things go wrong, it's the staff training and philosophy of the establishment that comes to the fore, and it shone through positively in the case of the Hyatt.
We enjoyed walking along the beach front to the other top hotels strung out along the bay, and then heading inland and strolling along the heavily shaded footpath to the shopping complex, where we could have a coffee or icecream. We also caught the hotel shuttle over to Sanur to visit the Bali Hyatt, an older hotel than the Grand Hyatt, but still extremely popular. We'd stayed here three years before and adored the mature gardens and Balinese architecture. The Grand Hyatt is a much bigger hotel with less of a Balinese feel, but I'd definitely recommend it for a wind-down and quiet luxury.
An earlier reviewer was worried about the small number of dogs walking along the beach. I was worried for a different reason - in the past there have been many well behaved dogs idling along the beaches and I'm very concerned that the Indonesian government did not utilise the overseas funding available to deal with the rabies outbreak humanely.
Still, this was nothing to do with the hotel, and I thank them for a memorable stay.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt Bali Hotel
- Grand Hyatt Bali Hotel Nusa Dua
- Grand Hyatt Nusa Dua
- Hyatt Nusa Dua
- Bali Grand Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Hotel Bali
- Nusa Dua Hyatt
- Grand Hyatt Bali Nusa Dua
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled within the lush tropical gardens of the 41-acre beachfront property, the Kriya Spa will, in essence, be a wellness sanctuary, offering the discerning traveler an authentic Balinese healing experience with 24 luxurious spa villas for treatments and for full day spa programs. Reflecting its name Kriya – meaning ‘ritual’ in Sanskrit – this unique Spa will celebrate authentic Balinese healing forms with treatments based on ‘wellness rituals’ to promote positive health and anti-aging through the use of natural herbs, roots and essences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Agoda, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, AsiaRooms, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Grand Hyatt Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.