“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Resort Nusa Dua

You added The Westin Resort Nusa Dua to your Saves list
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Kawasan Pariwisata Nusa Dua | BTDC Lot N-3, Nusa Dua, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
SAVE UP TO 50%
Ranked #10 of 46 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

A nice hotel, the rooms are medium in size and nicely, although not opulently, appointed.

We stayed in a suite overlooking the beach, and the views were very good. On arrival the windows were filthy with sea-spray, but a few hours after complaining, in true Balines style, scaffolding was setup and men were up scrubbing the windows to allow a spectacular view out to sea. Great service, and very eager to please, although this is the sort of thing that should happen automatically.

We got free wifi for some reason, but whatever you do, don't pay for it. It is clunky and slow, certainly you could never stream videos from it, and I think in this day and age this is an essential task. It is good for emails only.

Breakfast is ok. It certainly plentiful and lots of options, but I would prefer less choice and higher quality. I stayed at the Westin a few years ago, also, and remember the restaurant food being excellent, however this time all of the restaurants were a bit of a let down - probably better to leave the resort for dinner and go to Bali collection or bumbu Bali.

The thing I love about the Westin, though, is the pool. It's huge, with plenty of seating. It just has a great feel, and there are plenty of different places to sit so you don't get bored. The proximity to the beach is second to none.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

OK so I got lured into an Expedia.com advertisement offering a 'special' at this resort for $189 odd dollars - sounds too good to be true for a class establishment in Nusa Dua right? Right. When logging in to find dates to accommodate us for our week away guess what I discover? This rate applies ONLY for a one night stay on the 28th April! as if!
I consider this appalling and warn all of this unfair lure - Expedia is now completely off my radar for future travel bookings, this is verging on unethical practice IMO.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

it's awesome, i'm very love that place, and someday i will visit that place again with my lovely wife and my children, we will make more beautiful moment there, and we will have fun ,eat and shopping!

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This being our second trip to the Westin Resort in Nusa Dua, we were overwhelmed by the warm reception we received, from the front desk, maintenmence people, restaurant, housekeeping. After a few days the restaurant staff either knew our names, our room number, reserved our favourite table at the IKan restaurent, Pool and beach staff were very attentive, the breakfast buffet was mouthwatering, from fresh fruit, to all the various hot dishes for people from various countries, wish we could have sampled it all. The evening buffets from Balineze, Indian, surf and turf, plus ordering off the "regular" menu, was an experience, the fresh spices enhanced the various dishes. The mattress was indeed heavenly, the bedding linen was crisp and fresh every day, room spotless, If you truly want to have a holiday and want to be pampered, stay at the Westin Resort in Nusa Dua, we are planning our third trip, this, living in Canada

Room Tip: All the rooms are good
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
TheWestinBali, Hotel Management at The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear EddaT,

Thank you so much for visiting us on a regular base and for complementing our resort. We are really happy to note that you and your family overall had a great experience from arrival until departure. It is always a pleasure to know that we were able to exceed your expectations during your stay with us and to hear that you were pleased with our associates’ warmth and friendliness service. We are also glad to hear that you had a relaxing experience at our resort enjoying our room especially our Heavenly® Bed, the restaurants as well as our breakfast with its SuperfoodsRX selections. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again for your third trip to Bali.

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

One of the best resorts I have stayed in. The rooms and beds are superlative - a huge bathroom. And the kids - oh my god - they even have a kid's spa.
If you enrol the kids in kid's club - there is an all they can eat for USD 15 at Prego ( Italian restaurant). I safely kept my 6 year old with them for 3 hours and got back a very happy kid.
The breakfast spread and vista is simply amazing - by the beach side.
What's best - the smiling faces of all the hospitality staff - all across.

Stayed March 2015
TheWestinBali, H at The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear ANJANSENGUPTA,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable experience with us. It gives us a great pleasure to hear that you had such an enjoyable time at our resort and impressed with the quality of our service. We are delighted to note that you had a great experience at the resort especially enjoying the beach and room with its Heavenly® Bed. We also pleased to know that you were impressed by the Westin Kids Spa and your kids had fun moment at Westin Kids Club®. Thank you for your loyalty as Starwood Preferred Guest member and we glad to hear that the SPG Kids Pass program were satisfying you during your stay with the little ones. It is a pleasure to know that you were pleased with our associates’ warmth and friendliness service. We look forward to welcoming you back to our paradise island of Bali for another memorable experience.

Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The last time we stayed in Westin was a couple years back when the room hasn't been renovated. It was average at the time. Bit dark, old, and damp. I reckon the service wasn't that good in the pool area. I was disappointed and haven't been back to Westin again. Fast forward to last week, lobby stays the same, reception has been super friendly, my boys are happy got complimentary bottles, backpacks with many stuff inside. Not to mention the free flow juice for the kids. The kids club is nice and "at times" guarded by security in front. This is a plus since I haven't seen this setup in the other hotels. Parents could laid back and enjoy their times knowing that their children are safely guarded. Unfortunately, Like I said this is "at times", not "all the time".

I was surprised the room has been renovated and it was so nice and comfortable. Can feel the luxury in the room. The restroom is huge and so nice. The paint on the wall was so new I could smell the new paint smell. Smell like Dulux. Bed sheet is super clean, and the bed in great condition. There shouldn't be any complaint but praise for this kinda room. Reception said that guest got free wifi of 1 mbs that needs login updated every 30 min. Actually, I don't need to update the login process and got 10 mbs connection. Thumbs up to that.

The staffs in the pool area were still not friendly. Or at least not as friendly as the other staffs in the hotel. I believe the standard sop should be everytime you meet guest, you should smile and greet. But this doesn;t happen in the pool area. And the worst would be Mr. G in the pool bar. My wife handing over the bottle to him in pool bar, "Would you give me juice?". And he replied, "pleaseeeee..." Now that is something that you don't experience in the 5-star hotels. I can see he needs a break from his work; probably he just got so worn out. My guess is he is the 1st generation staff. They have been there for like 24 years. They are tired, but I see them trying to do their best except him. Just like the lady in the kids club. She is very friendy. The room service is also very friendly.

Would I return to stay in Westin? Did I enjoy it? absolutely. And I will try to ignore the grumpy faces around the pool. One word to sum Westin: Really worh it.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Dear joshmarston,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable experience with us. It is always a pleasure to know that we were able to exceed your expectations during your stay and you had a relaxing experience at our resort enjoying our room especially our Heavenly® Bed and internet connection in the room. We also happy to know that you were impressed with the warmth and friendliness of our associates at the Front Desk and to know that you kids enjoyed their time at Westin Kids Club®. Please accept our sincere apologize for the inconvenience you experienced in our pool. We will continue to train and inspire our associates to take the necessary actions to ensure that all of our policies are adhered and to ensure similar situations can be avoided in your future visit. Thank you for your valuable feedback, and we do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you better in the future. Please let us know if there's anything we can do to make your next stay even more special and memorable.

Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

We saw a lot of Bali during our visit but it always felt good to return to the Westin at the end of the day. The hotel and grounds are lovely. The three of us in my family stayed in a premium room in the wing furthest from the beach. Might have been a five minute walk. The room was in perfect condition, and spacious, even with a king bed and an extra bed for my teenaged son.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
TheWestinBali, Hotel Manager at The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Jock W,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. It is always a pleasure to know that you had a relaxing stay with us and enjoyed the service and facilities especially our Premium room. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back for another memorable experience.

Managing Director

Been to The Westin Resort Nusa Dua? Share your experiences!