“We will be back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Resort Nusa Dua

You added The Westin Resort Nusa Dua to your Saves list
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Kawasan Pariwisata Nusa Dua | BTDC Lot N-3, Nusa Dua, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
SAVE UP TO 50%
Ranked #11 of 44 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Sydney
“We will be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed here for two nights in July and are coming back with family in January. It is a special place and excellent for kids. My daughter loves the waterslide and the slushies for kids. The bathrooms are like a day spa and the bath is huge and relaxing. I like the garden rooms because they have a courtyard and lovely gardens.
Staff are lovely.
The only downside is the food is expensive but kids eat with adults for $15.00 a day, so that is okay if you are a SPG member. They also get free re-fills of their drink bottles all day. They also get a free welcome pack filled with fun stuff for kids and a cute hat. There is even a kids spa.
The apples on the counter at reception are a nice touch. We hired bikes and went for a ride along the path near the beach.
I recommend hiring one of the beach cabanas, too, for an extra fee. Well worth it and so relaxing.
Can't wait for our next visit.

Room Tip: The garden rooms have a courtyard and lovely gardens.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

When I saw the exterior,I thought..it's an old hotel cause of its exterior design,similar with the other old hotel in Bali.
But when I met the receptionist,they welcomed me very well..,and they gave my kid a lovely bottle..and after that,I felt surprised again with their room's interior 2310 and 2308, very modern,clean..and comfort,and especially their service;gave us welcome fruit,and always ask what I need as water,towel etc..
And because of its location @Nusa dua beach,so we could walk to
the beach and walk along the shore..
Thanks a lot for the staff's service..which gave this hotel more valuable..

• Stayed December 2014
TheWestinBali, Hotel Management at The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Chrysantha. Thank you for your kind impression of our resort and associates. It is a pleasure to hear that you had such a relaxing stay with us and felt comfortable with the room. We are also really happy to note that you enjoy our welcome kids amenities. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you and your family to return back to our resort again.

Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Westin nusa dua is excellent, great welcoming, kids get westin kids club bag fills with tumbler and coloring books and crayons and hat. Great food, great service, nice staff and quick response, we requested stroller for our younger, and they provide it to us (although there's only 5 strollers in the hotel and that time is a holiday season).
They have super food for kids, it contains healthy food which is suits me because I always try my best to gave my kids the healthy one. And in every restaurant/cafe they make the healthy menu too. Great room too, the bathroom is spaceful, also the cozy room. Kid above 4years old can pay 12USD per day to eat free as much as they like in the same restaurant with their parents. There's also westin kids spa for your daughter to make the french braid hair,but you must reserved it first 1-2 days before. They also have kids club, there's slide, trampolines, sands and the scopes, ping pong for older kids, dancing class for teenager, and also one special room for toddler and there's a bed and toilet for toddler too. Very recommended, and kids frendly!!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Dear SasQ H. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us and for complementing our resort as a family-friendly destination. It gives us a great pleasure to hear that you and the family had such an enjoyable time at our resort and happy to hear your feedback in regards to the SPG Kids Pass benefits, our Westin Kids Club check-in amenities as well as our SuperChefs kids healthy menu option. At Westin, we believe that eating well is not just for adults and this brand program dedicated to educate kids on the importance as well as the fun of eating smart. It is also our aim to ensure both kids and parents have a family-friendly travel experience so they can leave us energized, enriched and renewed. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you and the family back for another memorable stay with us.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This resort is beautiful. With a quietness to it that is not often experienced at holiday spots. It's got a huge range of restaurants and dining experiences and three large pools which is nice! Plus it's right on the beach so you can swim and snorkel if you please.

As a solo traveller the staff were super friendly and made me feel welcome wherever I went.

The rooms were probably the only slight letdown as they are dated and could do with a modern refresh. Marked Gluten Free options on the menus would also be handy. But the Italian restaurant Prego offered a good range of gf pizzas and pastas which is refreshing!

Overall this is a great spot for a quiet holiday with or without family.

Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Dear Sam W. Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable experience with us. It is a pleasure to have you stayed with us and to note that we were able to meet your expectations and provide you with the genuine warmth and friendliness of our associates. We are also happy to hear that you had such a memorable experience at our resort enjoying the beach and our 5 restaurants including Prego our fun Italian family restaurant. We value your constructive feedback regarding the rooms and the Gluten Free signs on the menu. We are always looking to serve our guests better and continuing to renew our service. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again for another memorable experience.

Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I stayed here for a family vacation - it was a beautiful resort with excellent staff service and good breakfast/lunch buffets. However, I had 46 bites on my legs and hands at the end of my stay. I woke up from my first night with bites on my legs, and more bites appearing on my body over time. Initially, i assumed they were mosquito bites although i have mosquito repellant on me everywhere i went. However, as more bites started appearing, i realized that they appeared in rows or clusters, and in threes.

A quick google of bed bugs signs/symptoms got me suspicious and so I called the front desk to ask for a change of mattress/rooms. They immediately sent their manager on duty up and he looked over the mattress with his bare eyes before telling me that there are no signs of bed bugs. I told him that bed bugs are probably too small for his bare eyes.

He then asked me if I wanted to visit the doctor to diagnose my bites (they had a 24 hour clinic onsite), to which I asked how much it would cost and who will pay for the consultation and medication. He said that the hotel will pay for it IF the doctor concludes that my bites were a result of bed bugs. I agreed and he walked me to the clinic. At the clinic, the doctor and the hotel manager were speaking to each other a lot in their local language. The doctor then told me that she cannot conclude the cause of the bites but can only treat the symptoms, and so she prescribed me oral pills. The hotel paid the doctor bill.

The next day, we sent a complaint to the hotel and the assistant general manager came to apologize and also deny the presence of bed bugs. He seemed truly sorry and treated us well throughout our stay.

Regardless, the truth remains and I am still left with the 46 bites. I am no doctor and cannot conclude by myself that these are in fact bed bug bites so I have attached pictures. On a more positive note, it seems like only my bed was affected as my family members in other rooms had no such bites or issues.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
TheWestinBali, Hotel Management at The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Rwshee. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay experience with us. We thank you for the feedback and whilst we are happy to hear about the opening positive impressions; more importantly we are deeply concerned with your health observations and just as you reflect the seriousness behind this claim of yours. Please accept our apologies for your stay experience & the anxiety caused and I would request you to connect with us at my email address bipan.kapur@starwoodhotels.com so that we can assist you better. Please be assured of our utmost commitment to your well-being and we will work with you towards resolution. We haven’t had any other reports of such occurrences and request your support to help us serve you better.

batam island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

stayed there on april 2014,lovely resort and with great service,very friendly and helpfull staff,highly reccommended with good inclusive deals.the food was amazing,averall the service was great.no complaints at all.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Dear Joegreg2014. Thank you for your kind words of appreciation for our associates and their service delivery. It is a pleasure to hear that you were pleased with the attentiveness and friendliness of our associates and our food service delivery too. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back again at the resort in the near future.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Screaming children. Everywhere.
The grounds may be lovely and the rooms nicely appointed, but the ambience is destroyed for any couple looking for quiet moments or a relaxing time.

In all fairness we came during Christmas holiday; however a resort this big that claims to cater to 'everyone' should at least have a small corner dedicated to adults who prefer to have a drink without a child splashing and bellowing at their back.

Unfortunately there is no quiet area, no adults only pool - nothing. The only swim-up bar is at the bottom of a children's water slide. Appalling.

Children deserve as much fun as everyone else, but there is also a place for grown-ups who just want some grown-up time. Unfortunately the Westin does not understand or seem to care.

I repeat: The Westin in Nusa Dua Bali does not care about couples who want to relax. They only care about pleasing families with children who scream and throw toys in restaurants, scream and splash everyone at the beach/pool and scream while running through the corridors.

If you are considering a romantic place for a honeymoon, wedding or holiday - DO NOT book the Westin. The pictures look pretty but the product fails to deliver.

When we shared our disappointing experience with the Nyoman the Guest Experience Manager, her only response was to stare blankly and offer to move us to a room closer to the pool... the same pool with the loud, screaming children that we had expressed concern about. She obviously didn't care or wasn't listening.

We didn't want any kind of reward or upgrade. We simply wanted the management to understand our perspective and maybe consider accommodating future couples in more hospitable fashion.

We are leaving the Westin early to stay in the Sofitel next door.

• Stayed December 2014
TheWestinBali, Hotel Management at The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Night_Circus. Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Our aim is to respond to the needs of every guest on a personal level and we regret that we were unable to meet your expectations on this visit during the peak family holiday period. Your valuable feedback is really appreciated. We have taken into account the aspects you mentioned as we continuously strive to bring a better value to our service delivery. We apologize once again, and we do hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you better in the future.

Managing Director

Been to The Westin Resort Nusa Dua? Share your experiences!