“Stay Away if you want relaxation or romance!!! :(” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Westin Resort Nusa Dua

You added The Westin Resort Nusa Dua to your Saves list
The Westin Resort Nusa Dua
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Kawasan Pariwisata Nusa Dua | BTDC Lot N-3, Nusa Dua, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
SAVE UP TO 50%
Ranked #9 of 44 Hotels in Nusa Dua
“Stay Away if you want relaxation or romance!!! :(”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

Screaming children. Everywhere.
The grounds may be lovely and the rooms nicely appointed, but the ambience is destroyed for any couple looking for quiet moments or a relaxing time.

In all fairness we came during Christmas holiday; however a resort this big that claims to cater to 'everyone' should at least have a small corner dedicated to adults who prefer to have a drink without a child splashing and bellowing at their back.

Unfortunately there is no quiet area, no adults only pool - nothing. The only swim-up bar is at the bottom of a children's water slide. Appalling.

Children deserve as much fun as everyone else, but there is also a place for grown-ups who just want some grown-up time. Unfortunately the Westin does not understand or seem to care.

I repeat: The Westin in Nusa Dua Bali does not care about couples who want to relax. They only care about pleasing families with children who scream and throw toys in restaurants, scream and splash everyone at the beach/pool and scream while running through the corridors.

If you are considering a romantic place for a honeymoon, wedding or holiday - DO NOT book the Westin. The pictures look pretty but the product fails to deliver.

When we shared our disappointing experience with the Nyoman the Guest Experience Manager, her only response was to stare blankly and offer to move us to a room closer to the pool... the same pool with the loud, screaming children that we had expressed concern about. She obviously didn't care or wasn't listening.

We didn't want any kind of reward or upgrade. We simply wanted the management to understand our perspective and maybe consider accommodating future couples in more hospitable fashion.

We are leaving the Westin early to stay in the Sofitel next door.

• Stayed December 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
George Town, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Let me start by stating that I'm a senior contributor and ranked no. 5 in GeorgeTown Penang in this great TripAdvisor community.
I just got home from Bali. I've spent 10 days there for the first time in my life and stayed in a few hotels to vary my appetite. I got to say..Westin Nusa Dua is one of the coolest hotel in Bali. It is FAR from the best, but its reputation and its location are well known to balinese people and traveller who often comes to Bali.
The location of this hotel is immaculate. I think thats the only reason I'm giving this hotel a 4 star! It sits near the main tolled-highway from Kuta(where all the best and happening things are going), and compare to hotel in Tanjung Benoa, or even the Bulgari hotel in Uluwatu or even the Four Season in Jimbaran, I've got to take my hat off to the location of this hotel. And the beach...ahh the beach here are so clear and clean I could swim for hours just relaxing and forgetting everything in this world. If you hear or read any review about this hotel having one of the bet beach in Bali, that is just might true. But then again, this hotel share the same beach with few others hotel which i don't want to state here but more cheaper and have the same star as this hotel.
Back to the hotel, the room is amazing..i mean, totally modern and clean and very very well design. It featured a modern and contemporary design, but a little small for the price.(I've stayed in the Garden View room)
Then, theres the swimming pool of course which is one of the reason people wanted to stay here. But I have to say that to me the swimming pool is quite so-so and nothing so special about it. Seriously people...
I'be skipped the breakfast since it is not halal certified even though we're talking about Indonesia here.
All other amenities in this hotel are all 5 stars standard but one thing i would like to share with everybody and I'm sure a respond from the manager will come suit, is the standard of service that I've received throughout my stay here.
You see, I travel the whole Bali from Kuta to Tanah Lot to Uluwatu with a rented motorcycle, and dress the whole time accordingly like the mass here which is either you're a surfer or just having a chill time. From the first moment I want to check in, the security were hesitant to even let me in, just bcos I'm riding a motorcycle with my wife and don't have a driver to bring us around. Everytimeeee I got out from the hotel and wanna come back in, they will asked me so many ridiculous question and even want to check my room card. And one time in the middle of blazing sunlight, drenched in sweat, they even dared to hold us cos they wanna verify our name with the lobby, but lucky for them, one of the security personnel remembered us, and let us through even though we just went out to buy lunch just an hour ago!!DUHHH!!
So does the security in the front lobby which is so annoying and blur! I bought many things from the Kuta Central Market& Arts, and bring it back inside 3 box of an instant noodle card box which the seller are nice enough to pack for me. When I reach the lobby, the security and the staff attending there just stare at me without doing nothing, until i yell loudly asking one of them to pick up these boxes from my motorcycles bin!
Then when I went to the bell boy asking for something, everytime, different people, they will give me this look that I just don't belong here and started to ask more ridiculous question like "you here to meet somebody sir??".
Last but not least, if you rent a motorcycle or a car and stay in this hotel, be warn that the parking area provided are very very far from the rooms or even the lobby. And at night, its even worst as the walkway are very dark and creepy.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The Westin is a great resort , absolutely pristine . The staff are impeccable , always wanting to be there for your every need . You walk right onto the private beach as you walk out the resort, which is accommodated with lovely loungers for your relax , were their waiters visit to see if you want a drink, snack etc . Or sit round the beautiful pool and pull the string of your umbrella to raise a wee flag and within a minute a waiter arrives to see to your need n serve you your cocktail . Food excellent especially their tapas . Their organised BBQ evening is great food n Balinese Dancers worth every penny . We went a couple of years ago but reviews dates are all 2014 for some reason so I,ll just say sept 2014! !

Room Tip: Pool view.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Awesome stay and awesome Indian food. Great place to be if you want to spend maximum time in hotel and on the beach. If you want to roam around in Bali things might be a bit far from Nusa dua... kids spa and other activities also available. Enjoy!

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Fremont, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed 2 nights in November. Beautiful place to stay. Nice swimming pool. Food was good. Staff was very polite and helpful. Very clean and spacious resort. I would definitely go again. somany resturants near by.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We've visited Bali probably over 10 times and have stayed at the Westin more then 5 times in the last 10 years. I think this is a testament of how much we love this resort and how 'at home' we feel whenever we are here.. The Westin is a great place for family with kids! One of the main reasons why we keep returning is because our kids enjoy the kids club.. And we (parents) enjoy some much needed time together as well!

Positives:
1) beautiful resort period!!
2) great selection of restaurants! My fav is ikan, just by the beach!
3) has an amazing breakfast buffet!!
4) has SPG kids pass where kids eat as much as they want (with any adult purchase) for a flat fee of 15usd
5) beautiful and large pools and private beach
6) tip top service.. Especially from 'lucky' who works at the veranda!
7) did I mention the kids club??!
8) quiet and exclusive!

Negatives:
1) hate the fact that i can actually get cheaper room rates from 3rd part sites inspite of their best rates gte. I just don't get it!!!
2) u don't earn SPG points when you book via 3rd party sites!
3) far from anything happening.. Unless you consider Bali collection happening..
4) eating 3 meals per day within the hotel can be pretty pricey!!!
5) some of the staff (very few) may not be very well trained to the Westin 'standards'.. And thus may contribute to a negative guest experience
6) booked a double bed but only a king size one was available.. So had to top up 24usd per night to get a room with a double bed.. (Room was in the new wing thus the top up requirement)..

Stayed December 2014
TheWestinBali, Hotel Management at The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Andrew C. Thank you so much for being our loyal SPG members and it always a pleasure to welcoming you back at the resort . We are delighted to note that we were able to continually meet your expectations. We are very happy that you had an enjoyable time at Ikan Restaurant with a soothing panoramic view of the Indian ocean and it gives us a great pleasure to hear that the SPG Kids Pass gave a valuable benefits to you. We encourage you to make reservations through our Branded website and continuously offer an ever changing menu of “Special Offers” on our Website, for your future visits please do explore this option. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Bipan Kapur
Managing Director
Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Had an amazing stay at Westin Nusa Dua from 5th Dec to 9th Dec. The friendliness and helpfulness of the staff were impeccable. Upon arrival at the hotel, we were greeted by balinese dancers and service staff who presented us with cold drinks and towels to refresh ourselves. Checking in was fast and our little girl was presented with a Kids' Club bag which she absolutely love. The receptionist, Jessie, was very polite and gave us a very warm welcome. Always smiling and making sure that we were well taken care of. Inside the bag were many items which kept my girl occupied throughout the stay. There was also a juice bottle which we could fill it up with juices or ice blends at the restaurant by the poolside.

We stayed in the premium bedroom which is located at the new wing of the hotel. The bedroom was spacious and clean. There is a small pool area at the new wing for those who might find it a hassle to go to the main pool. The main highlight of our Bali stay was the kids club. It was my girl's first trip overseas(She's coming to age 4 in a few mths) and we weren't sure how she would react. The staff at the kids club definitely ease our worries from the first time we stepped into the club. Seeing that my girl was younger than the rest of the group, they put in extra efforts to make her feel welcomed. I feel the need to highlight the exemplary service demonstrated by all the staff from kids club and in particular, Winnie and Ami. Seeing my girl likes Barney, Winnie always kept her comfortable by singing Barney songs along with her. In a short while, my girl felt at ease and till this date, still misses her "blue color shirt teacher", referring to Winnie (the staff at kids club don blue color polo tee).

Food was great at the various restaurants located in the hotel. Service were excellent. Everywhere we go at the hotel, we were always greeted by polite and friendly staff. It really made us feel like a home away from home. The room service were also very prompt. Never had to wait long for my food ordered from room service. We had a night flight on the day of check out. As we had nowhere else to go, we hanged around the hotel till our flight. There was a lounge area called the "living room" where we get to relax till it is time for us to leave. It is similar to a hotel room, it has a living hall, study area, bathrooms etc. We spent a full 5 hours at the "living room" while waiting for our flight.

To sum it up, it was enjoyable 5 days stay at Westin Nusa Dua, made possible by the staff and team at Westin. Will definitely be back there again with my family. Team Westin Nusa Dua, great job!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Dear Kris1831. Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable experience with us. We are really happy to note that you had a great overall experience from arrival to departure enjoying our service and facilities. We also pleased to hear that you daughter enjoyed our kids check-in amenities and had an enjoyable time at our Westin Kids Club®. I will certainly share your kind review with our entire team and especially Jessie, Winnie and Ami as they will be delighted that they had enhanced your stay. We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back for another memorable stay.

Bipan Kapur
Managing Director

Been to The Westin Resort Nusa Dua? Share your experiences!