We stayed 7 nights in July 2014. After we paid for the visa at the airport ($35 now), we took a 15-minute taxi ride to the hotel (ordered at airport taxi desk, we paid IDR 150.000 = US$12).
Pleasant welcome by Balinese dancers and with welcome drink. Efficient check-in. Overall look and feel of hotel is wonderful and clean. Nice room with very comfy beds, large mini-bar, large flat-screen TV, big bathroom and small balcony. Room was cleaned very well. Four free mineral water bottles were supplied to the room each day.
Kids' facilities for young kids are among the best anywhere: a kids' buffet (fast food and healthy choices), kids club with indoor movies, activities etc. and playground outside and at least 4 women entertaining the kids at all time, swimming pool with grand slide and sports activities, and of course the beach.
Food overall was very good with few exceptions (mediocre lunch menu and the Gazpacho was terrible). The Indonesian dinner buffet with performance (on Tuesday nights, at IDR 425.000 p.p.) was really worth it. Ikan restaurant is the best with excellent Indonesian food and mostly good service (except for one night).
Now for the issues:
1) KIDS FOOD. Confusing kids' pass policy. The kids pass at US$10 per day was sold as an all-inclusive for food and drinks from all the child's menus. However, our first lunch was not included as it was at a bar and dinner in the Japanese restaurant is also not included. More confusingly, kids always have to eat at the same time as the parents or it's not included. Westin, can you make this policy simple?
PS. I argued about it and they were very stubborn with this policy. During our stay I also experienced two other parents arguing with staff about the same.
2) SERVICE AT MAIN RESTAURANT. Mostly terrible service; many don't know what they're doing. Breakfast especially is a complete chaos. Don't expect drink refills either.
3) SMOKING. Not a good place for non-smokers, as people are smoking everywhere, including in the lobby, at the pool and in restaurants. Any existing non-smoking policies not enforced.
4) WIFI. Only free in the lobby area, everywhere else (including room and pool) expensive.
5) FOOD. Expensive for Bali, e.g. breakfast buffet IDR 185.000 p.p. and we spent about the same or more for a lunch at the pool and regular dinner. Dinner buffets were even more at around IDR 400.000 p.p.
6) DRINKS. Cocktails were expensive at IDR 150.000 ($12) and more at the pool bar (IDR 210.000 ! although you get a huge cocktail there). Cocktails didn't taste that good though.
7) POOL BEDS. Not enough pool beds and the good ones are taken early and also a ridiculous extra charge for some canopy beds.
8) MOSQUITOES. I obviously don't blame the hotel for this, but the large pond in the hotel does provide a great breeding ground for mosquitoes (spraying 3 times a week helps only so much) - avoid certain areas close to it or you will be eaten alive (I was twice and had to move quickly).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The resort features 433 sleek and sophisticated rooms and suites with a tropical edge. Guest rooms have the new generation of Heavenly® Bed, spacious 1.37 metre beds in the double-double rooms, I-pod connectivity, a bedside master switch board, and Audio Visual Entertainment port as well as ergonomically designed furnishings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Starwood APAC, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Otel so you can book your The Westin Resort Nusa Dua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Resort Nusa Dua, Bali Hotel Nusa Dua
- Westin Nusa Dua
- Westin Bali
- Nusa Dua Westin
- Westin Resort Bali