If you are going to stay in Nusa Dua, be prepared for tourist prices, even in supermarkets and the few local eating places you can find. In saying that, it's beautiful and it's where we started our two week holiday in Bali. if you are thinking about staying at The Melia Bali, I'd certainly recommend the pool access suit - it's worth the extra money. Your room opens out to a semi-private pool only to be shared with other guests staying on the bottom level of that area. Ours was on a corner so we really only shared with one other room which was empty most of the time we were there. Room is nice, although we expected a door to connect the bedroom and lounge area, but there is not one. It was a bit annoying as this was one of the main reasons for upgrading to this room type, so we could put our daughter to sleep, close the door and have some privacy. Wasn't a huge deal though in the end.
Bathroom is a bit old school and shower head needs an upgrade.
The grounds of the hotel are beautiful and main pool is great. Can't say enough for the staff at the kids club they have been the most sincere and nicest out of all hotels we've stayed at on this trip. The facilities are enough for what our 18 month old daughter could have wanted: playground equipment, colouring in material, outdoor play toys and lots of friendly staff to dote over her!
Breakfast was all we could have wanted, we ate at the pool once 2-4-1 pizza was a fair deal at happy hour along with 2-4-1 drinks!
All in all if I was going to stay in Nusa Dua again I would probably stay here, but only in the pool access suite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious hotel is located in a tropical garden, right on Nusa Dua beach. Close to a magnificent golf course and the Nusa Dua shopping & leisure district. Nearby point of interest are the capital, Denpasar, 35 km distance from the hotel, and Kuta, just 10 km away. The International Airport is 20 min. away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Hotels.com so you can book your Melia Bali Indonesia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Bali Indonesia Hotel Nusa Dua
- Melia Nusa Dua
- Melia Bali Hotel
- Melia Bali Indonesia Nusa Dua