We stayed in this enormous resort for a week and were quite happy with it. The children loved the lagoon pools that sit outside various wings of the hotel. And the main pool had plenty of shallow areas for them to splash around in. We ate at all of the restaurants and truly enjoyed the diverse selection (everything from noodles to pancakes with chocolate sauce) of the buffet breakfast at Lotus (the Asian Garden Restaurant). Check the restaurants’ schedules at the start of your trip. We were lucky enough to visit Sakura (the Japanese restaurant) on our first night and enjoyed all you can eat sushi. We frequented Sateria (the beachside venue) for an early dinner or late lunch but avoided its over-priced buffet nights. Sorrento, the Mediterranean Restaurant was also good, especially on their more affordable buffet evening. And they provided a mariachi band for entertainment.
As for accommodation, the family room was perfect for our needs. The kids had the ground floor of the room while we climbed a small set of stairs to a king-sized bed above them. Everything was open, so there was no worry about not hearing them in the night, yet we still had privacy and a separate bathroom.
Cons: It took a day and a half to get someone to fix the broken blind in our room and the resort’s large size can mean crowds at breakfast and at peak times around the main pool. The kids’ club exists, but they don’t always do what they have scheduled and seemed to allow a lot of television watching. We only used it twice for two hours and the kids were begging for us to get them out of boredom.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious hotel is located in a tropical garden, right on Nusa Dua beach. Close to a magnificent golf course and the Nusa Dua shopping & leisure district. Nearby point of interest are the capital, Denpasar, 35 km distance from the hotel, and Kuta, just 10 km away. The International Airport is 20 min. away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets, Melia, Hotels.com, AsiaRooms, BookingOdigeoWL, HotelTravel.com, Otel and Venere so you can book your Melia Bali Indonesia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Melia Bali Indonesia Hotel Nusa Dua
- Melia Nusa Dua
- Melia Bali Hotel
- Melia Bali Indonesia Nusa Dua