“Beautiful Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa

Save Saved
You added Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa
4.5 of 5 Resort   |   Kawasan Pariwisata | Lot North 4, Nusa Dua, Bali 80363, Indonesia   |
Special Offer
Free Dinner & Spa
Ranked #13 of 41 hotels in Nusa Dua
Singapore
“Beautiful Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed from 31st Jan-2nd Feb and it was an absolutely beautiful & relaxing stay during those 2 days & 2 nights. Our room was very clean/comfortable and the location was quiet. The morning buffet breakfast has lots of food variety and the beach/pool were very inviting.The staff there were very helpful too, as they helped me to confirm our dining reservations outside the hotel and with our driver to Ubud. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wishes to stay in Nusa Dua.

1,306 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (259)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Tasmania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa is without a doubt the best holiday I've ever had. The location is peaceful and the sprawling style hotel runs rings around any of the big hotels. The beach is clean and the restaurants, pools, gardens etc are all top notch. The Palace Club was just amazing every day with changing food and the service from the friendly staff was so nice I had a tear in my eye saying goodbye.
The swim up bar was a treat and the food and drinks were very cheap and first class.
I couldn't fault anything and wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else for a return trip!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

We spent from the 15-22 Jan at this hotel we are a family of four with teenage sons aged 16 and 19 and my parents aged 72 and 81. We stayed in three deluxe rooms with two being interconnecting. The rooms were comfortable though a bit tired but more than adequate to sleep in.Breakfast was plentiful with many choices. favourites was the omelettes and the fresh bread selection especially the brioche when toasted with butter and mango jam. The grounds are beautiful and the pools are huge. We loved swimming at the beach and laying on the chairs watching over the sea. On our first night we ate at the Chess Club for my sons 16th birthday and I had prearranged a cake with the hotel from back home which they brought out after dinner with a three piece band and all the waiters singing Happy Birthday though he was embarrassed he loved it. The staff are very accommodating and willing to help you with anything. On most other nights we would catch the shuttle bus to Bali Collection where there is many choices to eat at very reasonable prices also a supermarket for stocking up on drinks and snacks. Another recommendation is to eat at Bum Bu Bali one of the best meals we had .

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We went to Bali for our honeymoon in September 2012 and completely fell in love with the Nusa Dua Beach Hotel. We spent 6 nights there before transfering to the Aston Bali, which was such a disappointment in comparison that we left the Aston a night early to spend one last night at NDBHS even though our accomodation at the Aston was already paid for. The hotels decor and grounds were absolutely pristine and many relaxing hours were spent lying next to the Lagoon pool. the buffet breakfast selection and setting next to the ponds was incredible. My wife and I can't wait to return and are literally counting down the days to when we would be able to return to this incredible hotel. Thank you NDBHS, you really made our stay in Bali a memorable one!

Room Tip: Pay the little extra for the premium room rather than the Delux, having the bath and shower combo is...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We arrived home this morning from Nuca Dua Hotel and spa Bali. We booked and requested a non smoking poolside room. We arrived in at 1am from Perth. we were taken to our room at the back, garden view. The room was filthy dirty with something really nasty on the floor A spill of some kind. over all the room was dreadful, with broken slats into the bathroom from the bedroom, also a damaged shower head .Early the following morning I spoke to the Assistant manager who seemed put out by my complaint. He said" You insisted on a non smoking room" I asked if non smokers were penalized... I was told to return after breakfast, he would see what he could do....The hotel was not full at all. I believe they had about 60% occupancy. The assistant Manager took us to a pool side room on the ground floor, in the smoking section. Not exceptable, but we took it. He was trying hard to be pleasant, but not succeeding very well. Staff and grounds were lovely but we will never stay again at the Nuca Dua hotel.

Room Tip: Be very insistant on your needs. What you see is quite often, Not what you get.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The hotel has very nice interior design with just the right amount of Balinese artifacts without giving it an atmosphere of a temple. The coffee house where breakfast is served is by a pond which is so picturesque. The landscaped garden is really spectacular. The SPA is a bit pricy but worth the pampering. Try to get a garden room on the ground floor. Its lovely to have direct access to the gardens from your bedroom especially to go for your morning stroll prior to breakfast and to enjoy the view of the garden whilst having coffee on the patio.
The hotel breakfast meats are pork free.

• Stayed March 2012
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I just returned from Bali where we stayed at the Nusa Dua Resort and Spa, we stayed in a Palace Club room which opened on to beautiful gardens and pond full of Koi.

The room was spacious and for the most part very clean except for a few small cobwebs on the bed head what looked like a small amount of mould in the shower cubicle. The ammentities were a bit of a let down being cheap generic shampoo and condtioner etc. they were plentiful though with shaving kit and tooth brush also supplied, a more premium brand would be far more fitting for a 5 star property though. We ended up buying shampoo from a local shop.

The Palace Club (like a corporate club) was excellent with the highlight no doubt being the excellent staff, nothing was too much trouble for them and they always had a warm greeting and smile on arrival. The food was also very good with breakfast, afternoon tea and canapes and cocktails served daily. Definitely worth paying the small amount extra.

The leaisure facilities were also excellent with several beautiful pools (although they closed very early 7 pm for water treatment which could be done later especially considering it was such a great time to go for a swim). The resort is beach front and the sand along with the water was very clean. It did get to be annoying the amount of people that would constantly approach you to buy local wares (anything from plactic necklaces to sarrongs) while you were trying to relax or sell you another trip snorkeling, surely there has to be a better way of doing this? I also found it a little odd that I couldnt borrow or hire a pair of fins from the hotel and was told I needed to walk down to another resort laguna and that it would then be $10 an hour just to use them??? So hense I went snokeling sans fins.

Overall though the resort was excellent I'd give it 8/10 and I would definiatley go back, I cant say the same about the rest of Bali though, Kuta for one is simply filthy and you get swarmed upon by people trying to sell you something or simply to rip you off. Outside of the resort I found everyone to basically to be a liar and a con man. We also went to Jimbaran Bay and was honestly quite horrified at the condition or restauarnts and general hygiene, we felt far from safe walking down the street, especailly with groups of men all sitting on the side of the road looking menacingly towards us, I hoenstly thought we were a moment from being robbed or worse, we couldn't get a cab quick enough to get back to the resort.

So the qestion is would I go back and it the answer is a qualified yes however I would just stay in the resort and that would be fine!

Room Tip: No matter what only use Blue Bird cabs, the rest are just conmen and liars period! Dont eat at any o...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Nusa Dua Beach Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!