“Wonderful Resort” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Nikko Bali

You added Grand Nikko Bali to your Saves list
Grand Nikko Bali
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl Raya Nusa Dua Selatan, Nusa Dua, Bali 80363, Indonesia (Formerly Nikko Bali Resort & Spa)   |
Ranked #11 of 46 Hotels in Nusa Dua
seattle
“Wonderful Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I was extremely pleased with my stay at the Grand Nikko. We came for 4 nights for my birthday and stayed in a Beach Front room. The room was beautiful and the view was absolutely amazing. All the services provided by the hotel were very nice, I highly recommend the massage and was very pleased with their fitness center. The pool and beach were pristine and very enjoyable, although I would caution against swimming in the ocean unless you are a strong swimmer and have experience, I saw several people knocked into the sand by the breakers and was too timid to do more than get my feet wet myself. My only criticism is with the Shore restaurant, while their lunch menu was very good and the pool side options very good as well, the dinner options consist only of buffets which gets to be a little much after the first night. My recommendation would be to ask the front desk to call you a taxi to take you to Jimbaran, we found some really incredible seafood restaurants with tables on the beach and Balinese dance performances. One thing the hotel did do that was a great surprise, was on the actual day of my birthday, without us broadcasting or requesting anything special, there was a little cake with candles and a card waiting for us in the room in the evening. I don't know if they pulled the date from my passport or what, but it was an extremely nice touch! Thank you Grand Nikko, for our wonderful stay!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My hubby and I decided to use our frequent flyer points to stay at this hotel and treated ourselves to an oceanfront room with Club Nikko lounge access. If you ever get the chance to stay at this hotel, pls splurge for Club Lounge access! Private area with pool, no kids under 12 are allowed, free afternoon tea daily as well as free drinks (including cocktails! ) and buffet canapés from 5-7pm daily. We felt like celebrities in the cabanas that overlooked the main pools. And the main pool also has a waterslide and swim up bar if you feel like slumming it ;)

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
J-Ch_General_Manager, General Manager at Grand Nikko Bali, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Liz C,
Thank you for choosing Grand Nikko Bali to redeem your points and taking the time to share your great feedback with TripAdvisor readers.
We are very happy to read that your “Nikko Club” experience was a good one and we look forward to welcoming you again.
Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Entering the hotel, you know you're about to be awed. From the driveway to an ocean facing reception area, Grand Nikko Bali is blessed with an amazing location. It doesn't feel like it at the beginning, but the hotel is huge! So be prepared to walk (hopefully at a leisurely pace) and take in the sights and sounds.

One thing which I'll always cherish is the staff. I travelled with my grand mom and they truly made her feel comfortable, especially with her meals (she's a Hindu vegeterian). The hotel, too, is very accessible and has wheelchair chair available on demand. The arch bridges by the pool side/beach area would be some work to move around someone on a wheelchair, but there's a slightly longer route which is flat [with barely any lights, which I missed on the first night and is difficult to navigate in the dark :-(]

The rooms are huge; bathrooms too are almost half the size of the bedroom, with shower and tub facilities. Complimentary WiFi is available throughout the hotel.

Only con in my books: Monkeys can create a ruckus, but you're likely to find some staff around shooing them away.

Room Tip: Cliff Tower rooms have the ocean view
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
J-Ch_General_Manager, General Manager at Grand Nikko Bali, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Chets11,
Thank you for choosing Grand Nikko Bali and taking the time to share your good experience with TripAdvisor readers.
We are delighted that you and your grand-mother enjoyed your stay and took advantage of the extensive facilities.
We live in a tropical and natural environment and, depending the season, the time of the day, or, I guess their mood, monkeys can be seen from time to time passing across the resort. We recommend our guests to stay away from them and not to provide them with any type of food as, while not dangerous, they are wild animals and thus unpredictable.
We look forward to welcoming you and family again.
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is my second time staying in Grand Nikko Bali and there will be more to come.

Their staff are very friendly and helpful. They greet us whenever we passed by them. Housekeeping service is excellent! My toiletries are sorted and line up nicely on the vanitiy top for me.

I would like to compliment Charlina (from Front Desk), Adi & Suamba (from The Shore Restaurant). They really went an extra mile to greet us by our names, interact with us and even remember our activites planned & check out date. They had made our stay here feel so privileged!

But I also have some feedback for the hotel to improve on:-

Spa - i was not informed that I'll be separated from my husband during the time of booking as we had chosen different treatment. He did the Roya Thai massage and was station outdoor. There are construction going on throughout his treatment. He didnt have the chance to enjoy his treatment & relax.

Steam Room - There is a foul smell in the steam room which deter us from using it. Maybe the hotel can increase their cleaning frequency.

Airport transfer driver - I didnt enjoy my ride from the hotel to the airport. We headed to the airport earlier than schedule to have our lunch there. The driver told us that there is no food available at the airport, and ask if we want to go to the beach for lunch. I clearly remember there are eating places available at the airport. So i declined his offer. He then went on to ask if we would like to go somewhere else to buy souvenirs. I again rejected his offer. Unlike my previous experience, he then took the normal road instead of the highway (saving up on the toll fee). End up I was stuck in the terrible traffic jam with a grumbling stomach! It was seen as a commission earning mission rather than a friendly gesture to me.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Xiaobell82,
Thank you for choosing Grand Nikko Bali again and taking time to share your good experience with TripAdvisor readers.
We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and plan to come back again.
I am sorry to read about your lower than normal experience related with our services.
We have already taken steps to inform our customers better at the time a spa reservation is done about the treatment and where and with whom it will be. The issue with the sauna has been fixed and we apologize for the inconvenience.
Your experience with the transport company we use to handle our transfers is totally unacceptable and - once again - I deeply apologize for having had you going through this. Corrective actions, both at policy level as well as at the person that you had been in touch have been taken and we believe this will not happen again.
Please get in touch with me for your next stay at info@grandnikkobali.com for your next stay as I would like to be able to offer you a trouble free experience.
We look forward to welcoming you again.
Shanghai
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed in Grand Nikko Bali for 2 nights. The hotel is just located on the beach, with a perfect view. However, the service probably is the worst among all premium hotels that I have ever stayed. Unbelievable, I found out the quilt on the bed was worn out for the very first night. I have to ask for the replacement in the next morning. The hotel does provide free internet service, but you have to log in for every hour (not every day). So you have to worry losing the internet connection when you're on a Skype call. I will never back to this hotel even it has a perfect beach.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

J-Ch_General_Manager, General Manager at Grand Nikko Bali, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear zwyin,
Thank you for choosing Grand Nikko Bali and taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor readers.
I am concerned about your comments and review as all our rooms are equipped with duvets (there are no quilts in any or our rooms).
Anyhow, please accept our apologies for the poor experience you had to endure.
With regards to wi-fi, let me state again our policy:
“we only ask our customers to re-login every hour to avoid the (limited in Bali) bandwidth to be monopolized by only a few. Re-login is free…” - until we have access to a larger bandwidth in Bali, we will review our policy from time to time to keep as many customers happy as possible.
Do contact me at info@grandnikkobali.com to give me further feedback as I am sure the two points above can not justify the very poor rating you gave us and I would like to understand what went wrong so that we can improve.
Penang
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

A hotel which the combination of balinese and Japanese type of hotel. Hotel can easily access to the clear blue sea. Good Services indeed. Grateful that they got our room upgraded as well to the sea view. If you like scenery and enjoy nature you would like this hotel. The hotel it's a bit traditional form but it's well maintained and clean.

Barely you would feel humid and heat while staying in this hotel, they have great sea breeze all around. The international buffet has room to improve more. Not many variety of choices. The hotel pool it's clean and have a view pools where you can hang out around the pool side.

Great for the family orientated type of holidays.

One thing about the hotel it's the wifi connection pretty weak and get disconnected easily.

Happy with my stay. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
J-Ch_General_Manager, General Manager at Grand Nikko Bali, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear L2LEstee,
Thank you for choosing Grand Nikko Bali and taking the time to share your happiness with TripAdvisor readers.
I am very happy to read that you enjoyed the view, the cool breeze of the months of May to September and the swimming pools.
We are constantly working on improving our offerings and value your comments that help us improve.
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I found the available food restaurants very overpriced and eating out is much cheaper and worth it. I did love how peaceful it was though and watching the monkeys play around was beautiful before they get chased away by security.
The food was ok but need to be kept much warmer somehow. Staff beautiful but really need to let us finish our food before grabbing our plates straight up.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear bullet_30,
Thank you for choosing Grand Nikko Bali and taking the opportunity to share your experience with TripAdvisor readers.
I am very happy to read that you enjoyed the peaceful and exclusive environment.
We look forward to welcoming you again and hopefully you will find in the various food & beverage offerings and promotions available something that matches your expectations.
J-Charles L

Been to Grand Nikko Bali? Share your experiences!