“Service style and smiles. Recommend massage on beach brasserie breakfast smiling staff.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Nikko Bali

You added Grand Nikko Bali to your Saves list
Grand Nikko Bali
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jl Raya Nusa Dua Selatan, Nusa Dua, Bali 80363, Indonesia (Formerly Nikko Bali Resort & Spa)   |
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Nusa Dua
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I loved this hotel. My room was huge with a massive beautiful ocean view from folding plantation shutters. It is 19years old but very well maintained with smiley helpful staff (although english is often very poor), I had no problems. The pool and beach are magnificent and breakfast at Brasserie is amazing. I left smiling yet sad I could not stay longer. It felt as if I was inside an imperial Japanese palace.

Room Tip: Room 3514 has a magnificent view. It is a corner suite. The houseboys were very kind. Buffet in bras...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
J-Ch_General_Manager, General Manager at Grand Nikko Bali, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear smartchoice2013,

thank you for choosing Grand Nikko Bali and taking the time to share your positive experience with TripAdvisor readers.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay as well as the beautiful breakfast and our ever friendly and smiling associates.

For the record, room 3514 is an Ocean View room.

Looking forward to welcoming you again.

J-Charles L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Makassar, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Check-in on Sunday, got there at 12 noon; my room is well-prepared (They let me have my room earlier than I supposed to without charging me any cents; compare to the Mulia Resort next to the Grand Nikko, they asked me to pay one day room fee for 15 minutes early check-in.)
I booked for the Nikko Suites which includes the Nikko Club service, their service and attitude was beyond regular hotel; their are very polite, friendly, and very helpful.
The bedding is perfect and very comfy, the room is clean and fresh. Ocean view from my room is awesome, especially I can enjoy the natural wave sound from my patio. Everything in this hotel just make me feels like I have home that I can spend time for chill and relax in Bali.
Thanks Nikko for being my home for the third times this year! I will love to come back sometimes soon! Keep up the good work!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
J-Ch_General_Manager, General Manager at Grand Nikko Bali, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Alvin A,

Thank you for choosing Grand Nikko Bali again and again and taking the time to share your very positive experience with TripAdvisor readers.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay once again and that all the extra touches that work hard on to make our guests feel special worked well for you.

Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I came to this hotel for the launch of a mobile product, the first time I came, I found it mediocre. a large building with typical Balinese hospitality and plants. But, when you get into the LOBBY, I was immediately given a blue ocean views. It was so much fun.

My room is very good for the size of the five-star hotel, in front of the room I was given a beautiful Cliff scenery, so enter the room and looking towards the balcony I was immediately treated to beautiful ocean views.

in my opinion, this is a superb hotel. especially when the evening the beach can be very freely I visit just to relax and enjoy the night.

In addition to the scenery, hospitality, and other benefits from the hotel, at some point such as elevator, lobby to the rooms very dirty especially when the afternoon and nothing is clear.

overall, this hotel is very nice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Fahmi_Achmad8,

Thank you for visiting Grand Nikko Bali during the launch of a product and taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor readers, more than six months after.

We are pleased to read that you eventually enjoyed your stay and our beautiful views and friendly associates.

Not sure I understand your point related with some parts of the property being "dirty" and "nothing is clear", please contact me at info@grandnikkobali.com to give us further feedback, allowing us to improve.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

From check in to check out, we have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. We checked in very late, at 11pm, but the staffs were very cheerful even that late at night. We got a free upgrade to ocean view room! We booked 2 connecting rooms but forgot to tell the hotel we wanted 2 separate beds. No problem, they fixed it right there and then. We were allowed to go inside one of the room while they fixed the other one by separating the beds. The rooms are big, plenty of rooms to walk around.

The breakfast is good, plenty of options to choose from.

The private beach is very nice and clean with soft sands. It is a bit steep to go down to the water though and the waves are pretty big, but it's really fun to play around in the water. Don't leave your kids alone though. I'm a 120kg guy and couple of times the waves knocked me over. Not your cup of tea? Then head to the pool! Kiddy pool, sandy pool, and my personal favorite, the pool with the slide. You're never to old to ride the slide.

I don't usually order food and drinks from the hotel due to overpricing, but I think the drinks are pretty reasonable for a hotel of this caliber. Plus, when you check in, you have the option to apply for a free membership, which will give you discount for food and beverages purchased in the hotel.

Overall, we had a blast and will definitely come back!

Room Tip: the cliff tower is closer to the beach and have better ocean view
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
J-Ch_General_Manager, General Manager at Grand Nikko Bali, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear FelixPandaSuganda,

Thank you for choosing Grand Nikko Bali and taking the time to share your positive experience with TripAdvisor readers.

We are very happy to read that you and your family enjoyed the great and numerous facilities and experienced the warm service of our associates.

Darwin Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We took advantage of their upgrade package and splurged on a Grand Nikko Club Suite. Amazing property with jaw dropping views. Beautiful huge suite, spotless and very comfortable. Nikko Club very worthwhile with excellent breakfasts cooked to order, evening cocktails very lovely and in abundant supply!! Quiet location, but regular shuttle to Bali Collection or taxi for peanuts. Beautiful property with very well maintained grounds, pools are stunning, and has many options for dining. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear quixipixie,

We are glad to read that you took advantage of one of our current offer and fully enjoyed it.

Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is our second trip to Bali as a family and so glad we chose this hotel. We are staying here presently and the hotel staff and set up caters perfectly to a family of 4 ( 16 and 8 year old kids). The pools are beautiful, with plenty of sun loungers and great service by the pool. The jungle kids club is a fantastic set up and my 8 year old has asked to go every day. It has a rock climbing wall and an indoor trampoline. He has fed the resort camels, swam and had tennis lessons through kids club! The buffet choices each night are varied and plentiful and it is only a few minutes in a cab to downtown Nusa Dua to eat out or go shopping ( with a free shuttle provided to shopping from hotel). We have the breakfast buffet included in our room price and it has a huge variety of choices and changes each day. I commend the staff on their welcoming smiles and their professionalism. I hope we get a chance to come back here again.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Dear LJSutherland,

Thank you for choosing Grand Nikko Bali for yuor family vacations and taking the time to share your positive experience with TripAdvisor readers.

We are thrilled to read that your kids enjoyed so many aspects of our resorts and especially the "Jungle camp" and its activities.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a great hotel, large and spacious with views to die for. The buffet breakfast was 5 star and had great variety (we stayed 6 nights). Rooms were 4 star and you can hear the people above you if they are noisy.WE had ocean views which was magnificent as you are high on a cliff and you can not beat the sound of the waves as peaceful and soothing - loved that part.
It has large pools and private beach area. Staff were wonderful.
The hotel restaurants were very nice but also very expensive - my wife and i ate out side mostly, as you can get shuttle bus to and from down town cafe strip.
The hotel is a long way from anywhere - which is both good and a little negative depending on what your style of holiday is/
Overall we loved our stay here but i would stay a little closer to the shopping next time.

Room Tip: Note-if you stay on the North wing it is a long way to the pool area and to reception. Stay in the c...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
J-Ch_General_Manager, General Manager at Grand Nikko Bali, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear PK0k,

Thank you for choosing Grand Nikko Bali and taking the time to share your grand experience with TripAdvisor readers.

We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us thoroughly.

Once more, I would like to re-assure readers that our Food & Beverage prices are extremely similar (very often less) than what other 5-star properties in Nusa Dua area are offering. Considering the wide range of restaurants in the evening, there are choices going from IDR 150’000 to IDR 600’000 per person for a 2 course dinner with drinks (not wine as it is heavily taxed in Indonesia). We believe that for the quality, safety, hygiene and the environment provided, those prices are very reasonable.

We look forward to welcoming you again for your next visit when you need a little bit of peace and tranquility, away from the hustle and bustle of shopping!

J-Charles L

Been to Grand Nikko Bali? Share your experiences!