“Excellent with best services” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Grand Nikko Bali

Save Saved
You added Grand Nikko Bali to your Saves list
Grand Nikko Bali
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jl Raya Nusa Dua Selatan, Nusa Dua, Bali 80363, Indonesia (Formerly Nikko Bali Resort & Spa)   |
Ranked #13 of 43 hotels in Nusa Dua
Bangkok
“Excellent with best services”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

The hotel very nice scenery and cleanliness. Room is perfect. We stay in Club Room which provide a privacy facilities. All of staff are really careless about us and keep continues asking for any assistance. We try breakfast both at Club Lounge and Normal restaurant , there are less of variety choice. The Japanese menu taste is not really good as it is Japanese hotel chain. We also try Japanese Restaurant on the lobby floor as their signature menu is Tepanyaki. The others outlet food taste is so so. On the check out date we order lunch from room services and serve at club lounge. We wait about 45 mins which make us in hurry to finish our lunch and catch limo to the Airport. The taste is like instant using microwave. It will be better to improvement on the food taste and more variety of choices.

• Stayed June 2014

341 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Chandigarh, Chandigarh, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Nikko Bali was suggested by my travel agent friend who booked me here for 2 nights after Hard Rock. His choice was definitely good, in terms of the property being really beautiful, with its own beach to chill and above all hardly any Indian crowd. Spa service, restaurant, sports everything is available, therefore a perfect place to relax and de-stress. The rooms were spacious with a good sea view and cleanliness was well taken care off.

Some of the negatives - on arrival at the time of check-in, I mentioned that I am on a honeymoon so they offered me 2 things, a free 15 mins spa coupon and a fruit basket. Well I am still waiting for that fruit basket, inspite of my reminder they never sent it across. Room service was slow in regards to asking them twice or thrice to clean the room or placing an order. The worst, I misplaced a comb (hotel toiletries) in the pool side area while swimming and asked the room service to provide me another one, so in response they said that first they will go and look for it and only then they will provide another one which I never got. You don't expect such crude response from a resort like this where you are paying a hefty sum already.

Since my flight was around 2130 hrs and I fell sick after a swim with running nose, fever and bad throat, so I asked the hotel staff that if they are not over booked and can accommodate then let me do a late checkout by 1700 hrs in evening. Well inspite of easy availability they pushed me out at the regular checkout time or I would have had to pay some millions of IDR as half day room rent. My baggage was taken care off on the counter and as a result, till the pickup cab arrived I was just stranded inside the hotel and killing time at all possible corners of the hotel. I understand the rules of the hotel for late checkout, but as an exception because I had fever and all, I expected them to adjust with me.

Anyway staying in Nusa Dua strictly means that you can't just walk out of the resort and see crowd, because it is totally deserted for long stretches and it can be quite scary. You have to be confined to hotel or take a taxi to go to Kuta and come back, which is again almost half an hour and is not recommended in late evening. The hotel provides a shuttle service to a local duty free mall, where you can go for shopping branded stuff, but you can do that in airport as well.

All in all the property is nice but they need to work on the room service.

Room Tip: Choose beach facing and not garden facing.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
J-Ch_General_Manager, General Manager at Grand Nikko Bali, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear JRahul,

Thank you for choosing Grand Nikko Bali and taking the time to share your experience - almost a year after your stay - with TripAdvisor readers.

We are happy to read that you liked the resort and would like to present you with our apologies as we were not able to provide you with the service that we are known for. We have looked into the points you mentioned and have already improved some.

I am sorry that our associate did not communicate to you properly about late check-out, which is chargeable, and forgot to mention the various areas in the hotel where you could have relaxed until you take a shower to actually go to the airport - for free!

We look forward to welcoming you again.

Best regards,

Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Would not recommend this place to anyone! Disappointing to say the least.
After getting our room after three and half hours (arrived at 1pm check in time 2pm) I was disappointed to find "twin beds" this is not 2 queen beds in this hotel, it means two single beds for 2 adults and 2 kids. I then proceed back to the reception for them to tell me when I booked for 2 adults and 2 kids that it is only for catering knowledge not for bedding arrangements. I was then asked to pay an additional $80AUD for beds for my children.(confusing)
After disputing this ridicules fee and waiting for another one and a half hours for our room we get to our room and it is big enough for our beds and nothing else. The quality of the room was poor with the bench top in the bathroom cracked, grout in tiles heavily mouldy and not your typical smell from the drains that you come to expect in Indonesia.
The next morning we are excited for the pools and the water slide. The water slide was great and the kids enjoyed it until my child cut her foot on one of the several hundred missing pool tiles in the pool.
It is the first time I have written a bad review and I have stayed in a lot of bad hotels but this is the first time I have felt this disappointed that I felt it necessary. I know my complaints are minor but when you pay decent money and get this level of poor service and bellow average sized rooms that are poorly maintained I felt necessary to warn other would be vacationers.
Unfortunately there is more things I can write about this hotel, but I will leave it at that.
SAVE YOUR MONEY AND STAY IN A TRUE 5 STAR RESORT!

Room Tip: If you want a true Bali experience don't stay in Nusadua
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear asae2000,

Thank you for choosing Grand NIkko Bali and taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor readers.

I am sorry to read that your stay was far from perfect.
I have tried in vain for two days to identify you in order to get in touch with you directly, as I believe in solving issues, not exposing them.
Could you contact me directly at info@grandnikkobali.com so that I can investigate further.
I hope I have the chance to be in touch with you directly and regain your trust.

Shanghai, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I've been to the Grand Nikko 4 nights and had booked a club room with sea view. When I arrived the air conditioning was dripping - it is to live with, but worse was that the Wi-Fi signal was so weak that connection could not be established. It should not be possible for a hotel like Grand Nikko - seen through my glasses. Because of the heavily wind blowing from the coast - and having sea view room – it is an overall a bad combination, when the balcony sliding doors have no sealing. So when the doors are closed the wind is hauling – quite noisy. Beyond this annoyance - the service was thoroughly good. There is not walking distance to restaurants and shops, so you have order a car or use the bus going to the Galleria (duty-free shopping-center in Kuta (but not in City Center)) and the Bali Collection (restaurants and souvenir shops in Nusa Dua) which to my opinion is a service from the shops and restaurants there. Nikko should consider having its own shuttle bus to Kuta (e.g. city center and Carrefour). I would also recommend that the hotel puts more resources available to clean several times a day for plastic and other waste that washes up on the beach. By the way, parts of the prospect is frightened by a construction of a hotel complex south of Nikko, but this I was already familiar with, since I had googled the hotel (google earth). I also recommend an update of the music choice/selection - if that absolutely must be music to the breakfast restaurant during breakfast. Screaming brass-blowers are not my favorite and especially not in the morning. The beach can be with violent waves - after breakfast to afternoon - so if you are not confident swimmer, you may only toe dip or use the swimming pool facilities offered by the hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

J-Ch_General_Manager, General Manager at Grand Nikko Bali, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Anders L,

Thank you for choosing Grand Nikko Bali and taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor readers.

We are sorry about the less than perfect first impression you had of your room and would like to present you with our sincere apologies. We have looked into the points that you mentioned have fixed (or are currently fixing) them.

We clean the beach in front of Grand Nikko Bali two to five times per day depending the season, the current and the waves.
The months of June, July and August see usually a rougher sea than the rest of the year . Our Recreation attendants (all trained as lifeguards) are here to guide you and/or answer your questions related with the ocean.

We look forward to welcoming you again - maybe in in of our villas where the sound of the Ocean is not as present?

Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed in this hotel for my friend's wedding. The hotel is located on the side of a cliff in Nusa Dua, so the lobby is on 15th floor and guests take the lift to go down to their rooms instead of up. The lower you are , the closer to the water you are. The rooms are meticulously maintained and staff are really professional. The breakfast is also amazing, as you can have Western, Indonesian or Japanese to choose from.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear M0untserrat,

Thank you for choosing Grand Nikko Bali to attend your friend’s wedding and taking the time to share your positive experience with TripAdvisor readers.
We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay, the view, the breakfast and our professional associates.
We look forward to welcoming you again.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed at the Nikko for 3 nights in June. A lovely hotel with many swimming pools and slide pools.

The staff really looked after us and the check in was fast and welcoming. The rooms with Ocean views requires a bit of a walk to the beach and pool but the views was more than worth it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
J-Ch_General_Manager, General Manager at Grand Nikko Bali, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Joanne S,

Thank you for choosing Grand NIkko Bali and taking the time to share your very positive experience with TripAdvisor readers.

We are glad to read that you had a good time and that our associates took good care of you.

We would recommend you for your next stay to book a room in our “Cliff Tower” (room types such as Deluxe Beach Front, Seventh Heaven, Nikko Club or Nikko Suite) to enjoy both the view and the proximity to the beach.

Bandung, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I am and my wife and my son very pleased to be able to stay for the second time in nikko, at the time of booking I get the discount from email coupon discount, then at the time of check-in at hotel my hotel room was also a bonus that my room get the upgrade, I got second advantage, during my stay in nikko family very glad my wife and i enjoy the beautiful beach very comfort hotel, do not miss my son very loves the pool and his jungle camp kids program, our family thanks nikko will soon return to the hotel nikko soon verry soon...

Room Tip: i prefer beach front room ,,, because i got beach and ocean view, and also beautiful pool
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear aris_iskandariah,

Thank you for choosing Grand Nikko Bali again and taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor readers.

We are happy to read that you and family enjoyed your stay with us, the pool, the view, the ocean and the great kids club (Jungle Camp) facilities.

We look forward to welcoming you and family again.

Best regards,

J-Charles L

Been to Grand Nikko Bali? Share your experiences!